Mexican truckers in US?

Mexican truckers in US?

This is a discussion on Mexican truckers in US? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Apparantly, this weekend will be the first trial run of the new program allowing Mexican owned and run trucking firms to send their trucks throughout ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mexican truckers in US?

Mexican truckers in US?

Apparantly, this weekend will be the first trial run of the new program allowing Mexican owned and run trucking firms to send their trucks throughout the United States.
    I've only heard this on the radio and don't have the real facts yet, but not only are they allowed to come in WITHOUT their cargo being inspected, but they are allowd to carry dangerous goods as well.
    Is this REALLY the case???
    With the current state of affairs with our southern border, is our government really allowing shipments(drugs/explosives/viruses/criminals/terrorists/etc) to enter unchecked?
    We don't check every single container that enters our ports but letting trucks to travel all over is something else.
    Please tell me I heard wrong!!!

Senior Moderator
    Better get used to it.

You didnt hear wrong.

Their trucks dont operate on the same standard that we do. Many of them are operating on the ragged edge of even working and are a true safety hazard.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

How such a blatant, in-your-face affront to not only our security but or vehicle safety standards be allowed to occur?
    Aren't there DOT standards that need to be met?
    What about the inspections?
    This just doesn't make sense!
    What the heck is going on?!?!?!?!?!?

American trucks are constantly under mechanical scrutiny...but we are going to let the Mexicans drive their 'junks' on our roads without the same inspections? This is a crock...
    Sold down the road...AGAIN!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/conte..._trucking.html

According to this article the Bush administration is fighting a legal challenge from the Teamsters Union and the Sierra Club over this matter. I just don't get it.

Send them through Memphis on I-40. The Shelby County Welcome Committee will pull them over either at the bridge or on the east side at exit 25. They will find contraband and take them off the road.
    It is not the Bill of Privileges. It is not the Bill of Permits. It is the Bill of Rights.

People should not be afraid of the government; the government should be afraid of the people.

I found links to the story.
    Put in "Mexican truckers in USA" and you'll find them.
    100 mexican companies are allowed in while 100 American companies will be allowed through Mexico sometime in the near future.
    Why wasn't it a simultaneous move?
    Still no mention of whether their cargo is checked or if the trucks must meet US safety standards.

Senior Moderator

Heres another link just to tick you off...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Not only this, but the National ID card law will be in effect by may 2008. We need to take our country back guys. The time is comming for all americans to stand together and and do what is right. Government is FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE. We need to exercise our rights or we will have to continue to live under communist rule.

Question Really?

So what's the problem?
    Attached Images

PHXNEWS.com

Wow and here I thought this was already the case. We have had a great many truckers that can't speak English deliver to he plant I do security for. Guess the trucks will be Mexican too now. Looks like politicians need a lesson on sovernty. But can anyone teach or get the sheep willing to fight? looks like the highways are going to go mad max now.
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Great pic Rock!

After living in Nogales, AZ for over a year, I got used to seeing mexican semi-trucks on the road down there (border) They have no respect for US driving rules and many if not most don't even have license plates. They are beat up looking vehicles that don't follow US standards. Once in a blue moon DPS will set up checkpoints to inspect them. They are also well known for smuggling humans and dope. W/O inspections, I can see this only getting more frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by symr00 View Post
    After living in Nogales, AZ for over a year, I got used to seeing mexican semi-trucks on the road down there (border) They have no respect for US driving rules and many if not most don't even have license plates. They are beat up looking vehicles that don't follow US standards. Once in a blue moon DPS will set up checkpoints to inspect them. They are also well known for smuggling humans and dope. W/O inspections, I can see this only getting more frequent.
    ...and this doesn't go against the military doing border patrol to keep terrorists from coming across?
    What's this button do?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links