9/11

This is a discussion on 9/11 within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Lastman thanks , ill gleefully accepth the e gun , and shoot up all the e ammo before i offer it for sale here ( ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9/11

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Lastman thanks , ill gleefully accepth the e gun , and shoot up all the e ammo before i offer it for sale here ( i allready have a rock river ar that does all i need lol ) .

For the rest , I like most patriots swore an oath to defend and protect some years before what we call 911 now . I FOR ONE BELIVE .. I belive in the power of the ballet over the bullet , I believe in our republic , and belive eventualy all americans will enjoy the freedoms i do today . I believe that i can go no where else in the world and get the sweet deal i have here ( this is why our immigration problem is incoming , not outgoing ) Call me a fool now , but i also believe that once you get past the " news byte " our leaders of both partys have actualy tried to do what is best for our nation . My flag will fly , I will go on with life .with the change being i wont have a tv on all day , nor will i check internet news . Ill buy a gun , do a bit of hunting , and on the off time reflect on my life , and my country . There are some things in my life i am ashamed of , there is nothing my country has done i am ashamed of ... i am lucky to be me and here at this point . I guess if its now " Patriot Day" ill be the first " Patriot " unless and untill it becomes a " PC " holiday . For me its about guns , good times and some bbq . some died we overcame . My birthday will never be the same .. I will allways remember the unprecedented attack on us and the lives it cost .. I will also remember our response and the literally millions of folks it freed from a theocracy . As far as a normal redneck birthday , some wahhabist folks ruined that .. however they also gave me a be proud of America cellibration. Today in some areas of the world girls are not being stoned to death for " honor " where they were raped and no longer virgins , some women have gone back to teaching children after years of hiding . No longer are historic artifacts being blown up because of a religon . In another country torture chambers no longer run .. in fact the .gov no longer bills the family for the round expended to exicute a loved one . If you agree with the current war or not this is tangable differences in the world since idiots used planes to bomb the USA. You need not agree with me or my opinions , however this is what 9/11 has come to mean to me .. a day of great cost , and great gains that entirely transcends the accident of my birth . My vote goes twards that the gains are worth the cost , your opinion may differ .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

2. Remove Ads

We have a flag flying every singe day so I will be flying it on the 11th for sure.

I hope to see many many more flags that day. 6 years.......sure doesn't seem like it was 6 years ago does it?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

New Member Array LaraCroft'sDemise's Avatar
    BAC, RR -- well said. The "framing" of our language -- that is, twisting words into double-speak so they sound legitimate, something Neo-Cons like to do -- sickens me. Today I don't dare call myself a patriot, for far too many Americans wear the mantel of "patriotism" in ignorance. And I most definitely will not be confused for such.

Perhaps we should all go research what the word "patriot" means. After all, many rebel groups worldwide -- who might engage in bloodshed or not -- call themselves "patriots."

And to hell with the Patriot Act and this post-9/11 talk of "freedom," another word too often misused. (Talk about "framing" language -- go Neo-Cons.) Terrorists didn't come over here and write legislation that took my liberties away from me WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. No, our own government took care of that.

BAC
    BigEFan, every day soldiers die overseas. Every day cops and first responders risk their own lives for the safety of others, and all too often die themselves. Even aside from the men and women for whom firefighting and law enforcing were their jobs, volunteers risked everything on and after 9/11 just to do the right thing in helping their fellow man. Are any of these people any less deserving of recognition?

September 11th of '07 was a tragic day. It was not a day of "patriotism." My elected officials would have my full support if they called for a moment of silence in remembrance of those who died that day, rather than abuse the word "patriot" in the same way they catch-phrased the word "terrorism."

I have my own definition of "patriotism," but that's not quite on topic.

Edit: Redneck Repairs, not knowing if I will be busy or not on the 11th to wish you a happy birthday on the day, I would like to wish you a happy birthday now, for you and everyone else who shares a birthday with you. Just as many folks have birthdays every year, many others don't, and for that reason I hope yours is an excellent one and that you enjoy all of the things you do.

Cheers.

-B

Amen, Brothers!

There aren't enough bullets for those Godless heathens over there in the middle east.

As for me and mine, the Stars and Stripes fly proudly at my home; I DARE any cheek-spreader liberal to try and burn mine....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Our flag is proudly displayed 'every' day...as it will be on the 11th also...but I will pass the word...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Our flag is also displayed every day.

We are currently in the process of erecting a larger pole. We also use solar lighting so that the flag is illuminated even during a power outage. I love the way it stands out when the power is out everywhere else.

My American flag and POW/MIA flies underneath full time. It's illuminated at night (but not yet connected to my back-up generator. Thanks for the reminder)
    I will usually add a dozen 4"x 6" flags on sticks in my front yard on special occasions. Tuesday will be one of those days.

Administrator

Let's not turn a reminder thread concerning the display of the flag at half staff on 9/11 into an "off topic" debate on the exact definition and applicability of the word "patriot" in combination with political rantings.

I think we're all better than that.

BAC
    Sorry QK.

While I don't currently have a flag to fly (yet), I'm considering a flag to simply hang indoors, in my room or elsewhere. The weather's starting to become more Florida-like down here (amazing wind/rain storm yesterday) and that would make it difficult to take proper care of an outdoor flag with hurricane season coming on. This also reminds me that I need to check up on how to correctly handle an indoor flag when the situation calls for "half-staff," since I've never been anywhere indoors at a time when flying the flag half-staff.

-B
    Last edited by BAC; September 8th, 2007 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Appropriateness

Administrator
    BAC

"I can't bring myself to fly it at half-staff because a joker in office says so."

Obviously you're incapable of keeping your political views to yourself and thus provoking other forum members into throwing this thread completely off topic by responding to your comments.

About the only thing you're going to succeed in doing is to get this thread locked which would be unfair to the member that posted the thread.

If this is a Hot Button Issue with you then please move on to another thread if you can't tame it and reel it in a bit.

Just some friendly advice.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

BAC
    Understood, and edited appropriately. My apologies.

-B

VIP Member
    For those who cannot half mast their flags, you can attach a black streamer on the corner which would the spearhead would be if the flag was masted.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links