9/11

9/11

This is a discussion on 9/11 within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Worth passing on least we forget!! Please join us in this FLY THE FLAG campaign and PLEASE forward this email immediately to everyone in your ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9/11

9/11

Worth passing on least we forget!!

Please join us in this FLY THE FLAG campaign and PLEASE forward this
    email immediately to everyone in your address book asking them to also
    forward it. We have a little less than one week and counting to get the
    word out all across this great land and into every community in the
    United States of America. If you forward this email to least 11 people
    and each of those people do the same...you get the idea.

THE PROGRAM IS THIS:

On Tuesday, September 11th, 2007, an American flag should be displayed
    outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States.
    Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag
    on this anniversary of our country's worst tragedy. We do this in honor
    of those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved
    ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting
    at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in
    American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood
    shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but
    disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it
    shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our
    American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail
    over terrorism of all kinds.

Action Plan: So, here's what we need you to do...

(1) Forward this email to everyone you know (at least 11 people). Please
    don't be the one to break this chain. Take a moment to think back to how
    you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide you.

(2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11.
    Honestly, Americans should fly the flag year-round, but if you don't,
    then at least make it a priority on this day.

Thank you for your participation.
    God Bless You and God Bless America

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Hmm since i allready fly a flag at home i guess ill just do my best to have a proper and understated enjoyment of my birthday ( yes it is sept 11 which should likely have made it a national day of mourning due to that alone much less the attacks ).
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Hmm since i allready fly a flag at home i guess ill just do my best to have a proper and understated enjoyment of my birthday ( yes it is sept 11 which should likely have made it a national day of mourning due to that alone much less the attacks ).
    Have a Happy Birthday. My cousin sent me the original post via e-mail and it's their wedding anniversary. Talk about mourning.

I fly the flag every day. It only comes down when I am changing to a new flag.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Actually, I think the President declared Sept 11th "Patriot Day" a couple of years ago and the flag is to be flown at half staff that day.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEFan View Post
    Actually, I think the President declared Sept 11th "Patriot Day" a couple of years ago and the flag is to be flown at half staff that day.
    Beg your pardon?

-B

Have a Happy Birthday.
    Oh i will , plans right now include but are not limited to a new gun , and blowing 100 or so rounds of 12 ga ammo in an attempt to procure enough doves to use up a full pack of bacon for a dove bbq lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Beg your pardon?

-B
    Presidential Proclamation for 2002

Presidential Proclamation for 2003

Presidential Proclamation for 2004

Presidential Proclamation from 2005

Presidential Proclamation from 2006

The same general proclamation wording is used in all of them:

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim September 11, 2006, as Patriot Day. I call upon the Governors of the United States and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, as well as appropriate officials of all units of government, to direct that the flag be flown at half staff on Patriot Day. I also call upon the people of the United States to observe Patriot Day with appropriate ceremonies, activities, and remembrance services, to display the flag at half staff from their homes on that day, and to observe a moment of silence beginning at 8:46 a.m. eastern daylight time to honor the innocent Americans and people from around the world who lost their lives as a result of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
    If you do a quick check on flag etiquette sites you will see that Patriot Day is listed as one of the appropriate days to fly the flag at half staff. I can add additional sources if you would like them.

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Here is the Presidential Proclamation for this year. I must have missed it earlier.

Presidential Proclamation for 2007

BAC
    Thanks for the PM. It brings a great joy to my aching heart to see the word "patriot" misused yet again.

-B

I totally missed your point about the use of the word Patriot, I was focused on the display of the flag side of the thread. Now you are making me stop and think about the use of the word Patriot.

See what you did, you've gone and made me think! Talk about Outrage!! Wait until my wife hears that I am thinking again. I'm pointing the finger at you!

BAC
    There's nothing particularly "patriotic" about the attacks on 09/11/01. Nothing at all "patriotic" about a lot of civilians died doing their day-to-day routines, and certainly nothing "patriotic" about the folks who did it. Calling the day "Patriot Day" sounds a lot like calling H.R. 3162 the "Patriot Act."

-B

BAC while you may have some points , speaking only for myself and MY birthday the word patriot is in fact applicable My birthday was in fact subverted nationwide and poor me ... . I welcome all who read here to give me a birthday present of taking time on the 11th to reflect on our nation , what is right , what is wrong , and how to fix the wrongs . If everyone here will spend an hour trying to think about fixing us instead of arguing with others I for one will have a happy bd and America will be better off too . For myself i will spend the day on the whats right end .. another day will deal with any and all wrongs .

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    BAC while you may have some points , speaking only for myself and MY birthday the word patriot is in fact applicable My birthday was in fact subverted nationwide and poor me ... . I welcome all who read here to give me a birthday present
    Sorry about your birthday being messed up RR. I'll e-mail you a new Panther Arms AR-15 with 1000 rounds for you present from me to you.

BAC,

You raise a valid point. There are a few things about 9/11 that I think need to be considered.

First are the men and women of Flight 93 who tried to take control back from the Hijackers. While we will never know for sure, I believe that they saved us from suffering another building attack that day. Whether it was the Capitol, the White House, the Pentagon or my good friends house in VA. Those heroes stood up to people who were intent on doing our Country harm and I will gladly call them Patriots.

Second, are the men and women in uniform who were lost in the Pentagon. You are absolutely right, they died doing what they do everyday. The difference between me and them is that they spend everyday at work defending our Country. I will also gladly call them Patriots.

And finally, I agree wholeheartedly with you that the Patriot Act is nothing more than political speak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links