Global Incidents Map

This is a discussion on Global Incidents Map within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "A Global Display of Terrorism and other Suspicious Events": http://www.globalincidentmap.com/home.php Haven't seen this here before. It was brought up on another board I frequent ( ...

Thread: Global Incidents Map

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar

Global Incidents Map

"A Global Display of Terrorism and other Suspicious Events":

http://www.globalincidentmap.com/home.php

Haven't seen this here before. It was brought up on another board I frequent (http://getoffthex.com/) because of the notice they posted recently:

Event Type General Terrorism News Date Time 2007-09-11 00:00:00
    Country US City Washington D.C.
    Latitude 38.870 Longitude -77.000
    URL See below

Description
    GlobalIncidentMap.com Special Notice: 09/11/2007

We have received a request from a federal law enforcement individual to make the following public request (paraphrased)...
    Over the next two to three weeks, citizens should be especially vigilant in noticing and reporting suspicious activity, particularly suspicious surveillance of federal buildings, law enforcement locations, or non-tourist locations such as critical infrastructure (Dams, bridges, airports, railways, power facillities, ports, military bases and recruiting locations, etc)

Instances of suspicious photography, videotaping, suspicious individuals taking notes or drawing sketches of the above locations, or individuals seen to be observing security procedures at the above locations - should be reported immediately to your nearest FBI office or other local authorities. These individuals may not look like what you think a terrorist looks like, for example they may intentionally disguise themselves.

In short, if you see activity that you believe is suspicious, at a location that might be of interest to terrorists, report it immediately. Thank you.

GlobalIncidentMap.com Editors Note: Additionally, the ITTR has issued a 'TAM-C' Severe Worldwide Alert recommending Increased Awareness, and Enhanced Security, immediately through 09/20/2007, and Increased Security through the end of Ramadan on 10/13/2007 To learn more about the ITTR visit their website at www.terrorresponse.org
    Another good site for this sort of thing: www.terroristwarning.com/
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

2. Remove Ads

Interesting map...nothing in Canada or in South America?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If you just pull up the map from the link it only gives you the last 5 days activity. There is an option down below that will take you back to a year or more.

Even at 60 days the map sure fills up fast.

Pretty interesting link.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Links