Cyber Jihadi tries real-life jihad in Michigan

This is a discussion on Cyber Jihadi tries real-life jihad in Michigan within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Man held on $1M bond after he was found with AK-47 Darren A. Nichols / The Detroit News DEARBORN -- A 26-year-old man is being ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyber Jihadi tries real-life jihad in Michigan

Senior Moderator

Cyber Jihadi tries real-life jihad in Michigan

Man held on $1M bond after he was found with AK-47
    Darren A. Nichols / The Detroit News

DEARBORN -- A 26-year-old man is being held on $1 million cash bond on gun charges after he was found leaving a city park Sept. 8 with an AK-47.
    Houssein Zorkot was arraigned Tuesday before 19th District Judge Mark Somers on two felony charges in the incident at Hemlock Park.
    Dearborn police responded to a call that there was a man in the park carrying a gun. Police stopped Zorkot's sport utility vehicle as he was leaving the park. He was wearing dark clothes that could camouflage him at night.
    After his arrest, police sought a warrant at the man's home, where they seized a laptop computer and several pictures. No other guns were found in the house.
    The man also had visited Lebanon within the past month, police said.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...709130307/1006
    Houssein Zorkot is an unusual name, and if you Google it, you find that he has a website. http://www.zorkot.org/Houssein2.html

On his website, he praises Hezbollah, and if you follow the gallery link, you find this:

The picture is captioned "The Start of My Personal Jihad (in the US)".

Interesting development. Glad they captured this armed Jihadi before he harmed anyone.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

2. Remove Ads

And I am afraid he likely not alone, given our Arab-heavy population around here. Wonder what his mission could have been this day?
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    And I am afraid he likely not alone, given our Arab-heavy population around here. Wonder what his mission could have been this day?
    I'm afriad that we are going to see more home grown Islamists terrorists like Great Britain and Denmark
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Lead Moderator
    Possible probe , or maybe a nut who wasn't quite fanatical enough to the cause?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Not surprising at all .. I wont comment more than that

What is the definition of a martyr?? See below...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Administrator
    Yep, just the tip of the iceberg showing now. Look for many more future events such as this one and they won't catch them all before they happen.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

He MAY have been just a "test balloon" to determine what the speed, nature & strength of the response would be. And let's not dismiss the possibility that it was a stunt to immediately prompt heavier legal restrictions against gun ownership & carry by law-abiding citizens. That makes it easier for terrorists (who obviously care nothing for the law) to act with increased impunity.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Americans won't stand for another terror attack on our soil. If something like that happens, I feel sorry for anyone that looks Muslim. Our Good ol Boys will take care of the rest. I am not supporting this, but we know what will happen...

Shark Bump.....
    For those not watching things, there is ALOT of rumbling going on about a large attack in the US. One hinted at event is MULTIPLE Beslan style school takeovers.....are you ready for that?

The pictures of Ayatollah Khomaneih did it for me. This guy is a true religious crazy. Bet that they did not catch this guy any time too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by vernonator View Post
    Shark Bump.....
    For those not watching things, there is ALOT of rumbling going on about a large attack in the US. One hinted at event is MULTIPLE Beslan style school takeovers.....are you ready for that?
    A bit OT: anyone following the missing Minot to Barksdale nukes story. It (typically) seems to have been missed by the lamestream media.

What about today's Air Force Stand Down? The PTBs announce this--for the world to know??

I'm feeling keyed up lately. Something's going down. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by vernonator View Post
    Shark Bump.....
    Glenn Beck on CNN headline did a three part series on this type of attack called the "Perfect Day".
    Here is the site for the Radio Transcript

http://www.glennbeck.com/news/09112007a.shtml

I also signed up and got three free emails on the series also.

It makes sense but is very frightening.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by jpedone76 View Post
    Americans won't stand for another terror attack on our soil. If something like that happens, I feel sorry for anyone that looks Muslim. Our Good ol Boys will take care of the rest. I am not supporting this, but we know what will happen...
    On the Glenn Beck series on Terrorists attacking our children, the experts say that is the reason they will do it....to push Americans into attacking all Muslims living in the U.S. This way they can get ALL Muslims to join them in attacking.
    I do agree that if they do something like that...Americans will not be contanted. American Muslims should have been very visual and vocal about their support of America and not supporting Terrorists. Their deafening silence has been very bad for them all these years.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Remember how uptight the nation got during the D.C. Sniper "episodes"?

Imagine 20 teams of 2, randomly traveling throughout the U.S., mostly small town rural areas picking off one or two per day. One in Minn. and one in AZ. Then one in Oregon and one in Alabama, etc., etc. etc.

No one would feel safe leaving their home. . .
    If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he will sit in a boat and drink beer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links