Defensive Carry banner

Crime Rate Falls Again

905 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Euclidean 
#1 ·
Preliminary data from the FBI's UniformCrime Statistics for 2004 shows violent crime dropping 1.7 percent and murders declining 3.6 percent, with the biggest improvements reported in cities with more than a million in population. This, despite claims that expiration of the "assault weapons ban" in September would cause crime to rise, an observation that was the genesis of a Second Amendment Foundation news release and a commentary by The Outdoor Wire.*

#3 ·
That's Only Because

PICK YOUR DEMOCRATIC SPIN FOR THE DROP IN THE MURDER RATE

(1) ~The gun control measures that the Democrats put into place years ago are finally having some effect. AND...just when they were starting to work...the Republicans repealed the stricter gun laws!

(2) Hard Core Criminals have been influenced by Hillary Clinton's Book It Takes A Village To Raise A Child & are now helping one another instead of hurting each other.

(3) Gas prices are SO HIGH (Thanks To The Bush Administration) that Murderers can no longer afford to travel anywhere to kill people.

(4) All of the truly violent people in our society (Our American Soldiers) are busy Spilling Blood For Oil over in Iraq.

(5) Murderers are watching Forensic Files on TV and the murder rate Has NOT gone down at all...Murderers are just more able to make it look like Suicide & Death Due To Natural Causes.

(6) GLOBAL WARMING has made it just too damn hot for for criminals to want to go out and kill. They would rather stay home in Air Conditioning.

(7) Thanks to a womans Right To Choose many of the potential Murderers of Today were thankfully aborted before they even had the chance to be born and reach "killing age"

(8) The murder rate hate has actually Stayed The Same but starving Mexicans have been sneaking the dead bodies back over the border into Mexico to use as Chile & Taco meat.

(9) Since most killers were sadly abused as children they were temporarily captivated by the Michael Jackon trial but, now that it's over...Expect the murder rate to start climbing again.

Oh....DOGGONEIT...I can't think of number 10...Can anybody think of another one? :wink:

#4 ·
So let me understand this correctly; with carry states around 2% to a max of 5% licensed ccw guys the crime rate dropped. I can believe hot spots where ccw caused it to drop. In FLA remember the blacks who would run out on the freeway and throw tirerims in front of cars especially those who were tourist. They would then rob them, yes crime dropped in a hurry when ccw was approved in fla. New York City has thousands of cops and crime has dropped!! I do believe the BG's are concerned about being shot by a home owner and not a cop so they may avoid places where guns are known. I don't know about all these millions of uses of handguns stopping a BG every year, seems a little high to me. Look at the reporting on this board, we don't hear members saying oh boy stopped a bad guy again last night. JMHO.

#5 ·
QKShooter said:
PICK YOUR DEMOCRATIC SPIN FOR THE DROP IN THE MURDER RATE

(1) ~The gun control measures that the Democrats put into place years ago are finally having some effect. AND...just when they were starting to work...the Republicans repealed the stricter gun laws!

(2) Hard Core Criminals have been influenced by Hillary Clinton's Book It Takes A Village To Raise A Child & are now helping one another instead of hurting each other.

(3) Gas prices are SO HIGH (Thanks To The Bush Administration) that Murderers can no longer afford to travel anywhere to kill people.

(4) All of the truly violent people in our society (Our American Soldiers) are busy Spilling Blood For Oil over in Iraq.

(5) Murderers are watching Forensic Files on TV and the murder rate Has NOT gone down at all...Murderers are just more able to make it look like Suicide & Death Due To Natural Causes.

(6) GLOBAL WARMING has made it just too damn hot for for criminals to want to go out and kill. They would rather stay home in Air Conditioning.

(7) Thanks to a womans Right To Choose many of the potential Murderers of Today were thankfully aborted before they even had the chance to be born and reach "killing age"

(8) The murder rate hate has actually Stayed The Same but starving Mexicans have been sneaking the dead bodies back over the border into Mexico to use as Chile & Taco meat.

(9) Since most killers were sadly abused as children they were temporarily captivated by the Michael Jackon trial but, now that it's over...Expect the murder rate to start climbing again.

Oh....DOGGONEIT...I can't think of number 10...Can anybody think of another one? :wink:

:silly:

It would be much funnier if it wasn't true!

See that's what I can't fathom that people don't understand. If you enable some means for anyone to carry a gun, the perceived threat of attacking a civilian goes up. I remember when Texas passed their CHL law the murder rate dropped 34% in the first 5 years.

You can't possibly spend enough money to give the law enforcement professionals in this country enough resources to prevent every little and not so little crime from occurring. Human nature won't allow it. Let people take care of their own problems. It's more effective and if we'd get our heads out of our butts and just let people carry without a stupid permit, it wouldn't cost us a dime.

It's that old yarn "This gun is protecting you right now, because criminals don't know you're not the one carrying it..."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.