Murtha apology!

Murtha apology!

This is a discussion on Murtha apology! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; John Murtha publicly accused our Marines in Haditha of "cold blooded murder". All but one at this point has been aquitted of all charges. Murtha ...

Thread: Murtha apology!

Murtha apology!

John Murtha publicly accused our Marines in Haditha of "cold blooded murder".
    All but one at this point has been aquitted of all charges.
    Murtha owes them a public apology with the same vigor he accused them with.
    If you live in Pennsylvania, contact his office and ask when he intends to offer that apology.
    He needs to answer for his statements.

EW3

Murtha=Loser

Check this out! I love how this loser runs for the elevator when confronted. IMO he will never apologize.

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/09/1...a-accusations/

The sad thing, he was a Marine Corps Colonel himself!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    He claims to have been a marine. Maybe he should be recalled to active duty then court martialed. I'm just wishful thinking.

John Patrick Murtha was born June 17, 1932, and grew up in Westmoreland County, Pennslyvania. He graduated from from Ramsay High School in Mount Pleasant, PA.

Murtha started to attend Washington and Jefferson College, but left after his first year in 1952; joining the United States Marine Corps to serve during the Korean War. He advanced in the Corps to become a Drill Instructor at Parris Island, and later to be selected for Officer Candidate School at Quantico, Virginia. After completion of OCS, Murtha was assigned to the 2nd Marine Division, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. In 1959, Captain Murtha took command of the 34th Special Infantry Company, Marine Corps Reserves, in Johnstown, PA, until 1966, when he volunteered for service in Vietnam, duty for which he was rewarded the Bronze Star with Combat "V", two Purple Hearts and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry. After his active Vietnam service had ended, Murtha remained as a Marine reservist until his retirement in 1990 with the rank of colonel, ending a military service which spanned 37 years.

While commanding the Johnstown, Pennsylvania marine reserve unit, Murtha attended and graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a degree in economics. He has also completed graduate work in economics and political science at Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

John Murtha was elected to, and served in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives from 1969 to 1974. He ws elected to the US House of Representatives in 1974; the first Vietnam combat veteran to hold federal elective office. He has served continuously as a congressman from Pennsylvania, since 1974.

Mr. Murtha married his wife, Joyce, in 1955, and they have three children and three grandchildren.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Then he should have known to think before he spoke, and as a TRUE Marine, he should have never said stuff like that, I think he owes them an apology.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference, the MARINES don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan.

Remember your abilities AND disabilities can become Possibilities!

Semper Fi!

I do not know the specifics of the cases against the soldiers, but if I understand it correctly, several of the officers above them have been relieved of command, and this was shortly after the incident.

To me this says that somebody did something wrong.

I haven't been able to find the actual quote or footage of what Murtha said, so I can't verify that either. If the statement was said by him in that context then I think he should appologize, but I do feel that he does support the military and he tries to do what is best for the military as a whole.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

EW3

Haditha, for those unfamilair with the story

From Wikipedia. Murtha basically decided he was the judge, jury and executioner for the Haditha Marines. The last I heard was a group of them planned to sue the pants off him for defamation.

Go get 'em, OOOHRAAHHH!!!

Haditha, Iraq killings

Main article: Haditha killings

The Haditha incident occurred on 19 November 2005, and since then there have been differing accounts of exactly what took place.

In November 2005 Murtha announced that a military investigation into the Haditha killings concluded U.S. Marines had killed innocent civilians.[26] Referring to the first report about Haditha[27] that appeared in Time magazine, Murtha said:[28]
    It's much worse than reported in Time magazine. There was no fire fight. There was no IED that killed these innocent people. Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood. And that's what the report is going to tell.

Now, you can imagine the impact this is going to have on those troops for the rest of their lives and for the United States in our war and our effort in trying to win the hearts and minds.

The Marine Corps responded to Murtha's announcement by stating that "there is an ongoing investigation; therefore, any comment at this time would be inappropriate and could undermine the investigatory and possible legal process."[29] Murtha was criticized by conservatives for presenting a version of events as simple fact before an official investigation had been concluded.[30]

On 2 August 2006, Staff Sgt. Frank Wuterich filed a lawsuit against Murtha for character defamation during an ongoing investigation into the Haditha incident. Donald Ritchie, associate historian in the Senate Historical Office, said "that such defamation suits happen from time to time but that they tend not to go anywhere because of the constitutional protections members have."[31] Murtha noted his statements were based on a report prepared by the military in July.[32]

On 4 August 2006, a Marine Corps spokesman was quoted, saying Murtha was not briefed until a week after his accusation of murder "in cold blood."[33][34]

On 21 December 2006, the US military charged Wuterich with 12 counts unpremeditated murder against individuals and one count of the murder of six people "while engaged in an act inherently dangerous to others"[35]. While announcing the charges, Colonel Stewart Navarre said, "We now know with certainty the press release was incorrect and that none of the civilians were killed by the IED (improvised explosive device) explosion".

On 11 July 2007, The Marine Corps released the results of its further investigation in the criminal prosecution of the first Marine subjected to (or granted) criminal due process. The investigating officer (not the prosecutor) rebukes the government's "massacre" story. In his opinion, the Iraqis claiming to have seen the "murders" were so inconsistent and unreliable that the he recommended dropping all of the charges against the first Marine who has been prosecuted though that doesn't mean all the Marines would be cleared of charges. The investigator noted the potential employment of fabricated "massacres" by those seeking to achieve negative publicity and calls for troop withdrawal.[36]

As of September 2007, Frank Wuterich remains the only Marine charged with murder in the Haditha killings.[37]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mu..._Iraq_killings
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    I do not know the specifics of the cases against the soldiers, but if I understand it correctly, several of the officers above them have been relieved of command, and this was shortly after the incident.

To me this says that somebody did something wrong.

I haven't been able to find the actual quote or footage of what Murtha said, so I can't verify that either. If the statement was said by him in that context then I think he should appologize, but I do feel that he does support the military and he tries to do what is best for the military as a whole.
    farronwolf,
    Now you have the specifics to the case in regards to Murtha thanks to EW3. Personally, I don't see how you could not have known of his inflamatory accusations against the marines when he literally decided it was his place to be judge and jury. Maybe you just don't follow the news as much as I. Granted, he's not the only who attacks our military but as an ex Marine you'd think....
    The bottom line is, I just don't see why so many politicians have taken it upon themselves to hamper the efforts of America in this war on terror by their attacks on our military and administration to their defending terrorists at Guantanamo to the political correct handtying of our troops.
    God help us if some people don't eventually figure out that it is 'terrorists that are bent on our destruction' that we are fighting. (rant off)
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    It is all political. Those out of power will do,or say, anything to regain that power. No matter who it hurts, including you and I.

Somewhere along the line our "public servants" have become totally "self serving, money grubbing,liars and crooks.

After the last seven years or so of listening to those out of power trying every trick in the book to make conservatives look bad in the voters minds I AM SICK OF IT!!!!!!

This country is in the midst of the most dangerous war we have ever been in. We are up against those that would delight in killing every single man, woman, and child in the U.S.A. simply because we are Americans.

Murtha is a pawn of the far left and it is the far left thatwould have us roll over and play dead. Just give our country away under the guise of peace. But, the root of the problem is money and power.

Solution??? I dont know, but a good start might be term limits and a reduction of pay to the average pay in their elected dictricts. Then we could see who really want ted to serve for the common good.

and I completely agree, the president only gets 4-8 years, why does any other office need to be any different, I think a change of "faces" is a good thing for the "common good". and IMO, give Ted a box to live in.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference, the MARINES don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan.

Remember your abilities AND disabilities can become Possibilities!

Semper Fi!

Sponsored Links