Id

This is a discussion on Id within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was in NoVA, this past weekend, attending a party and helping a friend move. The trailer that was promised failed to show, and my ...

Thread: Id

Id

I was in NoVA, this past weekend, attending a party and helping a friend move. The trailer that was promised failed to show, and my friend needed to rent a small truck. He called a rental place in Sterling. Said he needed a one-way rental from Manassas, VA, to Silver Spring, MD. They said they had a truck available. He asked if the driver had to be the renter. Here's what they said:

"No. You don't even have to be here to pick it up. You can just send someone along with your credit card!"

It's just that simple, folks.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    You'd be shocked how simple a lot of such things are.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

VIP Member
    My company buys me airfare and rents me cars all the time. I guess I missed what the problem is if any. They truck rental company stilll has to see a valid driver's license of the driver. The only thing is the source of the payment they receive.

-Scott-

Lead Moderator
    When I travel I use National and I make the reservation over the web, hop in the car and give them a credit card and drivers permit. Most of the time they don't even look at me to check my face with the picture on the permit.

Amazing..... Ain't it!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    My company buys me airfare and rents me cars all the time. I guess I missed what the problem is if any. They truck rental company stilll has to see a valid driver's license of the driver. The only thing is the source of the payment they receive.

-Scott-
    I was just surprised at how easy it would be to reserve a truck under an alias, send someone with a lost/stolen credit card, and have someone whose name doesn't match either the reservation or the credit card pick up the truck. I haven't needed to rent one in years, and I guess I thought it would be more difficult, especially after Oklahoma City and the original WTC bombing. No, it's not really a problem, just an opportunity.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Links