Maybe you guys can help?

Maybe you guys can help?

This is a discussion on Maybe you guys can help? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In July I am being sent to NYPD to benchmark any leadership operation that they have. This is for a college class and I have ...

Thread: Maybe you guys can help?

Maybe you guys can help?

In July I am being sent to NYPD to benchmark any leadership operation that they have. This is for a college class and I have a total of 2 days. I have to send them some of the questions that I will be asking buy next Tuesday. Can any of you assist? If you have to benchmark a police department, what questions would you ask about thier internal operations, manning, processes or etc... Thanks in advance.

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Jax,

I'd be looking for stuff like how the department is set up. How many officers are on the street for each shift, how are the shifts run. How many officers patrol in each squad car. I'd also be looking towards what each LEO has to do to qualify for street duty, what additional training resources are available to them, etc. How is morale. Is the team happy with the brass or not? Why? What kind of special units does the department use? Bikes? Motorcycles? SWAT? Vehicles you wouldn't normally associate with a PD?

That sort of stuff, look at the department website, and see if there is anything that you want more data on...

:)

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Thanks for the questions and assistance.

Links