Terrorists target Army base in Arizona

This is a discussion on Terrorists target Army base in Arizona within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Sigsauer I am not concerned with what already has been said, I am more concerned with what could be said. More than ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrorists target Army base in Arizona

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sigsauer View Post
    I am not concerned with what already has been said, I am more concerned with what could be said. More than once I have seen inadvertent information spillage on forums such as these. It was a simple caution. Take it for what it is.
    Not really a bad idea.

Info Sec.

If they can get it somewhere else, let them get it somewhere else.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

2. Remove Ads

sierra vista is a bad place for BG's to visit. open carry, and everyone here is into 2 things: guns and bikes. that's before even getting to the post.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

I was TDY to Ft Huachuca A LOT in 1997, 1998, 1999...and remember reading in the local newspaper an announcement put out by the local sherriff that read something to the effect of "Please do not shoot the illegals...if you see them, contact the Cochise County sherriff/INS/Border Patrol at ###-###-####"
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    I was TDY to Ft Huachuca A LOT in 1997, 1998, 1999...and remember reading in the local newspaper an announcement put out by the local sherriff that read something to the effect of "Please do not shoot the illegals...if you see them, contact the Cochise County sherriff/INS/Border Patrol at ###-###-####"

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    Not really a bad idea.

Info Sec.

If they can get it somewhere else, let them get it somewhere else.
    +1

Quite a few Iraqi officers have deserted their military training in the US and are not accounted for. Two quit half way though their training at Ft. Huachuca and disappeared. Could there be a connection between some of these missing Iraqis and the planned attack on Ft. Huachuca?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/...112060084/1001

"He said two Iraqi officers fled in the middle of their training from Fort Huachuca, Ariz., the nation's largest intelligence training facility. One officer disappeared from Fort Benning, Ga., where he was participating in combat arms training.

Another Iraqi officer who was studying medical training left Fort Sam Houston and the last two Iraqi officers fled the Army's defense language training school at Lackland Air Force Base — both those bases are in San Antonio."

simple solution to all of huachuca's un invited guest problems. move an artillery training unit to the southern end of the post and let the newbie fisters practice on moving targets.if the mexican gov't complains threaten them with a counter attack if their military personell keep helping the cartels get into the country(wich is technically an act of war.)
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

The is a portion in a Clancy novel where the drug smugglers help Islamic gunmen to enter the country, in a very similar way to what the above story mentions. The T's end up attacking a shopping mall, not a military base.....

Quote Originally Posted by joleary223 View Post
    Sounds like something out of a Clancy novel.
    Everytime I finish a Clancy book I close it, turn on the TV, and whatever was featured in the book just happens to be on the news that day...

crazy, eh?

I'm 1/2 way through Executive Orders now.

BAC
    Why does the article sound like bs to me...

-B

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    FBI spokesman Paul Bresson would not elaborate on the current investigation regarding the threat, but said that many times the initial reports are based on "raw, uncorroborated information that has not been completely vetted." He added that this report shows the extent to which all law enforcement and intelligence agencies cooperate in terror investigations.

Curious...the articles information would clearly be highly classified...and if in fact true...why release this information to the public? And if in fact false...what was the purpose of the release?

Rick
    When it happened it was classified, I was working with the SP's at Luke at the time and we were briefed about it., and then told it was classified information. The point of releasing this information is to show th e public in general, and the population in AZ that we are doing something about domestic terrorist threats and the border/illegal immigration problem.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

And soldiers are 99% unarmed on post... Arggggggggggggggehhh!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I'll be ok.

Yep, we were never issued live ammo for guard duty or anything else except the range. I did training at Ft. Huachuca in the '70's, and we used to go out off-duty, drink a few beers, and watch the illegals walking across the post from Mexico!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin132 View Post
    And soldiers are 99% unarmed on post... Arggggggggggggggehhh!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I'll be ok.
    That is strange my Little girl has to carry her weapon at all times and everywhere she goes on base, but yeah no ammo.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Right. The only ones are the MPs - because while units have their weapons in a arms room, they have 0 rounds to use in any of them. And you can't carry on post, as it is a federal facuility. If you have a weapon you have to make arrangements in advance to go shoot at a rod and gun club or you have to turn it in, a huge hasstle. Rediculous that soldiers can't carry IMO. They do it daily overseas, but even officers and NCOs don't get the right to.

You know I can see the logic in it, that many people most of which are not real gun familiar and are not use to the daily handling of firearms there could be a number of ND's every year.
    That and a lot of military people tend to go let of steam with a lot of booze and then come back to barracks not a good combination.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links