Terrorists target Army base in Arizona - Page 3

Terrorists target Army base in Arizona

This is a discussion on Terrorists target Army base in Arizona within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So when they go into a even more stressful situation they can have ND's because of that unfamiliarity is what happens. I am not saying ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    So when they go into a even more stressful situation they can have ND's because of that unfamiliarity is what happens. I am not saying allow them to be stored in barracks, but off duty soldiers in homes off post (of which there are many because of the housing situation is somewhat scarce depending on rank / post) can have the same thing around them when they drink... I think its a silly proposition to keep usuable weapons away from soldiers. I know at Fort Hood that 60 armed determined men would have played havoc around post for quite some time as we didn't have nearly that many MP's running around on patrol: read armed, at any one time.

In the cold war days where quite frankly this sort of thing was even less likely than today where crime and terrorism are admitted issues, NCO's and officers were allowed to carry a sidearm. Now you don't have one available to the soldiers on 24 hour duties that include security.

I remember pulling guard on a company of 14 M1A2 tanks with training ammo (it may not kill another tank, but you don't want a training round going thorugh your building or car believe me) and SOP dictated the only weapon present was a axe handle.

I remember thinking at the time are you serious?

Sorry, its just a peeve of mine and a serious concern as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links