Gotta tell one on my AF brothers...

This is a discussion on Gotta tell one on my AF brothers... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Recently, I went over to the building that houses one of our "high-speed" AF units. They are not SF guys, but they do go in ...

Recently, I went over to the building that houses one of our "high-speed" AF units. They are not SF guys, but they do go in right after the airfield seizure guys and get the airfield up and running. These guys travel light and get some cool toys to play with. After my meeting, I went to see a buddy who works there.

In the waiting area for one of the squadrons, I notice a western style gunbelt with a replica Peacemaker (4 5/8"barrel) in it. It was entitled the "Gunslinger Award" and had a guy's picture next to it along with an explanation. Basically, it's for the guy that gets the highest score on their trip to the pop-up firing range. It was a pretty cool display, but I noticed something funny about the cartridges stuffed into the belt loops. They were short. Wait a minute, there's no rim, either. That looks like....no way...I gotta check the headstamp. Yup, somebody bought .45 ACP for the old single-action wheelgun.

As much as I wish it were different, most AF folks just aren't gun people.

I thought I'd share with folks who could appreciate the humor.

Administrator
    Whoops! Somebody goofed.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I'd have to throw them a few of the right round, just save us zoomies any furthur embarrasment. Good god, man, what some marine had seen that?
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

C.I.U.?
    The Edge ... there's no honest way to describe it. The only ones who know where it is have gone over.

Sounds like having the wrong ammo might be best right now.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Administrator
    They probably just used what they had on hand to make the display.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by nuparadigm View Post
    C.I.U.?
    Nope. Contingency Response Group.

That wouldn't have been the Combat Controllers would it? I spent 7 years stationed at Pope AFB NC where their school is. (1981 to 1988) Some of them are tough as nails and end up in the Special Operations units with the JSOC Units across the fence from the school. They came up with that after Carters Iran fiasco when they couldn't get enough good pilots to work with Delta Force and it was decided to put some of the best people from every service together to plan and execute combined operations. I met some very interesting people when I was stationed there. The Delta Force shooters used to purchase their reloading components from Cumberland Knife and Gun where I worked part time. They had access to some pretty need guns but at the time the rifles they were building on the Remington actions were still the most accurate. At the time I was NCOIC of the Entomology Shop in CE and also the NCOIC of the CE Aggressor Force when we got to play war. I used to check out NVGs and Night scopes from them before going out on field training exercises. They must have gone down hill since I knew them. Col Corn who ran the school at that time was a pretty bright fellow. He became an officer after making rank of SMSGT and quickly made it to the rank of Col. Not many folks do that.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Who put the display together, possibly a unit clerk that doesn't know a handgun round from a rifle round?
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Links