Arizona Town Sick of Crime - Page 2

Arizona Town Sick of Crime

This is a discussion on Arizona Town Sick of Crime within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "That IS the fastest response time..." Until people realize-that"WE" are our own "first responders"...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arizona Town Sick of Crime

"That IS the fastest response time..."
    Until people realize-that"WE" are our own "first responders"
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

Calling the police can take up to 3 minutes in that time frame many things can happen. If you have to react fast your training will take over the fight or flight instint.After 29 years in the Marines mine is to fight if I have too!

Wow... Arpaio is actually worse than my county (Pima). The place where I live is in a little town called Ajo, literally in the middle of the desert. Our sheriff's station is right on one side of the town. We have at least 2 deputies on per shift (or 6 per day), not including sergeants, a lieutenant, detective, etc. I guess we're pretty fortunate. lol
    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms; history shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjected people to carry arms have prepared their own fall." Adolf Hitler

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    I'm proud of them for taking on some responsibility for their own safety. Heck, I'm proud of them for showing trigger control in their photo! 'Drives me nuts when you see "gun people" with their finger on the trigger in news stories.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Crimie is becoming very bad all over AZ. Combination of Illeagls + Meth from Mexico+ Phx becoming a big city with big city problems like crime. Stay armed Arizonians, and stay safe!!!
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDoGood View Post
    Combination of Illeagls + Meth from Mexico+ Phx becoming a big city with big city problems like crime.
    We're just 40 miles from the Mexico border and we have our fair share of crime. But it's been my experience that the majority of serious crimes have been from locals, not people from Mexico. And the meth seems to be made here instead of imported. The only real crime that we have from illegals is theft of services (water from hose) or break-ins to houses that aren't locked looking for food (they don't touch anything else).
    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms; history shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjected people to carry arms have prepared their own fall." Adolf Hitler

I guess the Republic "forgot" to print this part. Oh wait, that's right, posting these stats doesn't further their anti-Arpaio cause. And posting that nearly all of the arrests were of illegal aliens doesn't help their cause either.

Sheriff's Office arrests 29 in Aguila in 12 hours

The MCSO arrsted 29 people in the Aguila Area during a 12 hour period. In the group were 26 undocumented immigrants, according to the Sheriff's Office.

The arrests are in response to complaints from residents who say crime has grown out of control because the sheriff has neglected the area.

In a written statement, Sheriff Joe Arpaio said the arrests were part of a bigger effort that included 15 traffic citations and almost 40 traffic stops.

"As promised, my deputies began cracking down on crime", Arpaio said in the Statement.
    "I am sending a message to violators of the law. Anybody who breaks the law will be arrested"
    What the Republic also "forgot"to include in the original article is that the county, not Arpaio, closed down the nearest substation, forcing the Deputies to respond from 60 miles away. But again, posting the truth wouldn't make the Sheriff look nearly bad enough.
    Rest In Peace Dad! I love you!!!

DC Founder
    Many of his policies and procedures related to prisoners, illegal aliens, those caught committing animal cruelty (no I'm not a bunny hugger) and other criminals are at least making an impact on crime in Maricopa County. Right now, many of the smaller communities, and larger ones as well, are not happy with him because he has decided that he is going to arrest illegal aliens as he comes across them. He has also been tough on responding to reports of drop houses. The crime in the Phoenix area, including all of the suburbs, is epidemic and mostly committed by illegal aliens (80%+) and needs somebody to crack down....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

"I guess the Republic "forgot" to print this part. Oh wait, that's right, posting these stats doesn't further their anti-Arpaio cause. And posting that nearly all of the arrests were of illegal aliens doesn't help their cause either.

What the Republic also "forgot"to include in the original article is that the county, not Arpaio, closed down the nearest substation, forcing the Deputies to respond from 60 miles away. But again, posting the truth wouldn't make the Sheriff look nearly bad enough."

They forget to tell a lot of stuff that does not suit their whiney scum loving agenda.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links