Treason by any other name

This is a discussion on Treason by any other name within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; (C) 2005 WorldNetDaily.com During the entire course of World War II, only 12 Americans were indicted for treason. All but five were broadcasters charged with ...

Thread: Treason by any other name

DC Founder

(C) 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

During the entire course of World War II, only 12 Americans were indicted
    for treason. All but five were broadcasters charged with aiding the enemy by
    broadcasting anti-American propaganda.

One of those broadcasters was an American known as Tokyo Rose. Another,
    Mildred Gillars of Portland, Maine, was known as Axis Sally. At her trial,
    prosecutors charged that her broadcasts were propaganda aimed at convincing
    soldiers they were fighting for the wrong side.

The treason for which she was convicted was a play called "Vision of
    Invasion." It was designed to scare GIs into not participating in the
    Invasion of Normandy. For her efforts at destroying American morale,
    she was sentenced - after the war - to a term of 10 to 30 years in prison.

There is a new form of treason being perpetrated on America. It is
    advanced by American lawmakers, pundits and their supporters who agree that
    slander against U.S. forces and the U.S. homeland is an acceptable form of free
    speech. This is the cloak these enemies of America hide behind while
    aiding terrorists in time of war.

A terrorist who calls for more American blood gets more press and air
    time than anyone who speaks on behalf of American security.

Anyone who speaks out in support of our military or our nation is
    either marginalized as part of a "right-wing spin machine" or completely
    ignored.

Any statement that promises to give our government a black eye is
    instantly beamed around the world. It doesn't matter if it is true. It doesn't
    matter if it is based on unsubstantiated rumors, forged documents or outright
    lies.

These new traitors have held America up to ridicule and debasement for
    such crimes as not respecting the Quran. Why should America respect the
    Quran? It may be the holy book of Islam, but it is also the philosophical
    handbook of our most deadly enemies.

America is being compared to the Nazis from the Senate floor for the
    crime of treating our enemies in detention better than we treat our Marine
    recruits in training.

The dictionary defines "sedition" as "speech or action promoting
    discontent or rebellion against a government." Title 18 of the U.S. Code Chapter
    115 is titled, "Treason, Sedition and Subversive Activities." Title 18 defines
    "treason" as follows:

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against
    them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United
    States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death.

Isn't this exactly what Sen. Dick Durbin did? And he did it in time of
    war.

To recruit a new jihadist, al-Qaida need only convince him that
    America is an evil nation deserving of destruction. Today, an Islamic recruiter
    doesn't need to make stuff up about how evil America is, he just needs the
    transcript of a U.S. senator comparing his enemy to the most evil
    dictatorships in history to do it for him.

Sen. Dick Durbin's belated and half-hearted apology to our Armed
    Forces - damage control forced by enormous pressure from his colleagues - was
    too late and useless. The damage had already been done. Once any U.S.
    senator slanders American Armed Forces, it is immediately received as
    unquestioned truth by Islamic fundamentalists who are just looking for such
    "evidence" to recruit more "jihadists."

It is time that all Americans - Democrats and Republicans, liberals and
    conservatives - realize that we are in a global war with Islamic
    fundamentalists who are determined to destroy America by all available
    means. Anyone aiding their cause should be brought up on charges of
    treason.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hal Lindsey is the best-selling author of 20 books, including "Late
    Great Planet Earth." He writes this weekly column exclusively for
    WorldNetDaily.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Maybe this will help our sense of duty.

Text of a $104,655.60 Ad in the Washington Post.....

Here is someone with the money to fund a rebuttal to what Howard Dean, Democratic National Committee Chairman, said recently that many Republican have never done an honest day's work in their life. The following full page ad was placed in the Washington Post by a businessman named George J. Esseff, Sr. He paid $104,655.60 to run the ad and only did it because he is sick and tired of the way that "the rich" are portrayed by liberals these days. It is a great read.

Maybe you're a Republican?

In today's America ask a growing number of high school and college students, their teachers and professors, the self-anointed media elite and/or hard working men and women of all ethnicities, the question, "What is a Republican?" and you'll be told "... a rich, greedy, egotistical individual, motivated only by money and the desire to accumulate more and more of it, at the expense of the environment, the working poor....and all whom they exploit..."

I am a Republican - And I am none of those things....and I don't know any Republicans who are!

WHAT I AM first and foremost, is a loving husband of some 52 plus years, the father of four and an American who's proud of his country...and his country's heritage

WHAT I AM is the grandson of immigrants who risked every-thing, including their lives and those of their children, to escape tyranny in search of freedom.

WHAT I AM is a man who grew up during the Depression and witnessed first hand the effects of the Stock Market crash and the soup lines that followed. I watched as both my parents and grand parents, who had very little themselves, share what food they had with a half dozen other families, who had even less.

WHAT I AM is someone who worked his way through college by holding down three and four jobs at a time and then used that education to build a better life.

WHAT I AM is a husband who at age 24 started his own business for the "privilege" of working 60,
    70 and 80 hours a week, risking everything I had including my health, in search of a better life for myself and my loved ones.

WHAT I AM is a businessman whose blood, sweat and tears....and plenty of them..., made it possible for me to provide a secure living not only for my family and myself, but also for literally hundreds of my employees throughout the years. Employees who in turn were able to buy their own homes, raise their own families and give back to their communities and their country.

WHAT I AM is a man who believes in God; a God who has blessed this country... and all for which it stands.

WHAT I AM is someone who knows, if you doubt miracles exist in today's world, you need only to look into the face of those who received them....and the eyes of those who give them.

WHAT I AM is an American who's proud that his President embraces a belief in God; proud of a President who understands, as "politically incorrect" as it may be, there is evil in this world and for the security and safety of all freedom loving people everywhere, it must be confronted...and it must be defeated.

WHAT I AM is an American who takes comfort in the knowledge that our President refuses to allow decisions concerning the very safety and security of this nation, to be governed by the political whims of foreign governments.

WHAT I AM is tired of hearing from leading Democrats who see only negativity in America; racism in her people; class warfare in her society and "political incorrectness" in her character.

WHAT I AM is a former democrat who now understands that it is the soldier and not the reporter that guarantees us our freedoms of press, speech and dissent.

WHAT I AM is a man who believes in the sanctity of life. A man who is repulsed by the pandering of the political left for votes, at the expense of the unborn.

WHAT I AM is a husband and father who believes in the sanctity of marriage and the preservation of the family unit.

WHAT I AM is a ex-movie goer who is repulsed by those insecure, socially inept, elementary thinking, ego-inflated "entertainers" who have appointed themselves "experts" in the fields of national security and geo-politics and then use their forum to attack this nation, its leaders and its actions....much to the delight and encouragement of our enemies.

WHAT I AM is an American who understands the difference between "censorship" and "choice." Evidently, these individuals do not, because when these same "celebrities" receive public ridicule for their offensive actions, the first thing they yell is "censorship." What they seem incapable of understanding is...the right of free speech and dissent is shared equally by those offended...as well as those who offend. I support and will continue to support those films and performers whom I choose to and refuse to support those I don't. It is my right as an American a right I will continue to enthusiastically exercise.

WHAT I AM is a voter, tired of politicians who every time their voting records are subjected to public scrutiny, try to divert attention from their political and legislative failures by accusing their opponents of "attack ads" and "negative campaigning"....and the news media who allow them to get away with it.

WHAT I AM is a Catholic who loves his God and his Faith....and who's been taught to respect all religions whose teachings are based in love, peace and charity. As such, I am embarrassed and ashamed of those individuals in both private and public life whose decisions and actions are devoid of any sense of character or morals; individuals who are only driven by what's best for them....rather than what's right... often times at the expense of many....including our national security.

WHAT I AM is a realist who understands that the terrorist attack that murdered hundreds of innocent Russian children could have occurred here, in our heartland. That's why I sincerely believe America needs now, more than ever, a President who sees with a clear and focused vision and who speaks with a voice when heard by both friend and foe alike is understood, respected and believed.

WHAT I AM is eternally grateful to Ronald Reagan for having the bravery to speak out against Communism and the courage of his convictions in leading the fight to defeat it; and George W. Bush for the vision, courage, conviction and leadership he has shown in America's war on terrorism amidst both the constant and vicious, personal and political attacks both he and his family are made to endure.

WHAT I AM is a human being, full of numerous faults and failures, but a man nonetheless who though not always successful has continually strived to do "what's right" instead of "what's easy." A man who is challenging the religious leaders of all faiths, to not only preach to their congregations the fundamentals of "what's right" and "what's wrong," but to also then hold them accountable for their actions in both the public and private sectors.

WHAT I AM is disgusted with the Courts who on one hand call the murder of a pregnant woman a "double homicide," but then refer to the abortion of her baby as "pro-choice".

WHAT I AM is someone deeply troubled by a political party which embraces a candidate whose primary "leadership" qualities center around his protesting of the Vietnam war and his labeling the honorable men and women who fought in it, (50,000 of whom gave their lives in that action), as rapists, and war criminals (John Kerry). That same political party then stepped forward this year to block the appearance of a true Vietnam war hero, retired Admiral and former United States Senator, Jeremiah Denton, (a man who spent seven years and seven torturous months in a North Vietnam prison), from speaking before an open session of the California legislature as part of that state's 4th of July celebration. The reason Democrats gave for refusing to allow this American hero to speak before their state legislature was because of the "conservative" nature of his views. As an American, that troubles me deeply....as well it should you. (Are you listening Mr. D?)

WHAT I AM is a man who feels the need to spend, ONE HUNDRED & FOUR THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED & FIFTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($104, 655.60, tax paid) of his own money, to purchase this advertisement, in order to set the story straight. Some may say this money would have been better spent feeding the world's poor. At the risk of sounding self-serving, as an American and as a Republican, for the last six decades of my life, I have done exactly that...and more. Following the examples of my parents and grand parents, I have used my earnings to feed the poor, shelter the homeless, provide housing for the elderly and medical care for the sick.....and continue to do so...and I'm not alone in that work.

WHAT I AM is someone who is paying for this announcement at my sole expense in hopes of opening the eyes of those led blindly by ill-informed elements of our great nation, who, through either ignorance, or malicious intent, repeatedly attack and belittle those of us who belong to a political party that holds true to the belief, "The rights of the governed, exceed the power of the government." For those interested, I am speaking only as a tax-paying individual who is in no way associated with the Republican National Committee, nor with any of its directors, or delegates.

WHAT I AM is a man who understands, "the American way of life" is a message of self-empowerment for all.

WHAT I AM is an American who is grateful that our nation gives each of us the opportunity of self-determination and the right to benefit from the fruits of self achievement.

WHAT I AM is an American who wants to preserve that way of life for all who seek it.

WHAT I AM is blessed to be an American.... and proud to be a Republican.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Assistant Administrator
    There are more potentially treasonable words spoken and acts committed than most folks would believe. It is ''convenient'' for so many to keep heads in the sand and ignore them. There will even for those be one day some sorta wake-up-call.

FortyFive - outstanding read - I'd like to think it reached and was read by many, sufficient to make them actually stop and THINK. We can but hope.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Let's not lose sight of the forest for the trees here people.

It ain't about Republicans vs. Democrats. I'm quite disgusted with both.

Democrats tend to get off on stupid, unconstituitional left wing agendas I cannot support. They sponsor stupid, stupid stuff. Clinton lied on the record and cheated on his wife. As the American president that is not acceptable. He should have resigned.

Republicans have, in my recent memory, given the prescription drug companies 500 billion dollars, they have passed the Patriot Act which threatens to undo all of my constituitional rights, they have done unthinkable things to the American education system, and there's the Republican governer of my own state refuses to meet with us:

No Texas Teacher Left Behind has invited Governor Perry, Carole Strayhorn, and Kinky Friedman to speak to the group. Governor Perry's office declined to attend. Strayhorn and Friedman sent representatives.
    So we have it. There's an example on the board of the Democrats insulting the military, and here's one of the Republicans insulting the educators.

Party politics will never give us the leaders we need.

Administrator

Thumbs up Thanks For Opening This Thread!

I honestly NEEDED to read that right now.
    I just voted to rate this thread. I don't know how anybody could read it and rate it less than the maximum number of stars. :unitedsta
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

In all fairness if you missed that part of our Nam war effort and the anti-war group you can join with Jane Fonda on her bus trip in America to promote anti-iraq war feelings. Perhaps the group could chip in and send her, the bus and everybody who would like to join her to Iraq so they could take the fight to the front lines.
    Please don't be hard on her, she means well and I am sure her and John Kerry along with Cheryl Crow will make things right. Dam---slime does rise to the top of the barrel.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links