New Phila. Chief of Police

This is a discussion on New Phila. Chief of Police within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As if getting the former DC chief isn't concern enough I found some actual evidence to support my theory. Tough for the city to be ...

Thread: New Phila. Chief of Police

New Phila. Chief of Police

As if getting the former DC chief isn't concern enough I found some actual evidence to support my theory. Tough for the city to be worse off than now, but I'm sure that won't stop them from trying.

http://http://www.wtopnews.com/index...96&sid=1307565

WASHINGTON - As the U.S. Supreme Court prepares to hear the District's gun ban case, the former chief of police has changed his position on the issue.

"Personally I never had a problem with gun registration," said Charles Ramsey, who is set to take over the job of running Philadelphia's police department. "I think there needs to be reasonable control over hand guns, registering a hand gun is a reasonable control."

Ramsey stepped down as D.C.'s top cop after Mayor Adrian Fenty took office.

Appearing on WTOP's Ask the Chief Program, Ramsey said he's taking a realistic approach.

"I realize the down sides of that with kids getting them and shooting, but I think this is a nation that is not going to ban hand guns. So I think you have to take reasonable steps on both sides, in order to ensure that we are at least doing something that is rational."

The comments are a dramatic shift in what Ramsey said when he worked and lived in the District.

Appearing before a congressional hearing in 2005, when Congress was considering overturning the gun ban, Ramsey testified, "adding more guns into the mix is not a good thing."

A year earlier, Ramsey told a congressional hearing on repealing the gun ban.

"There is just nothing good that I could possibly imagine that could come from it."

Ramsey says it's the more dangerous weapons that should be banned.

"If we're going to outlaw something then certainly your assault weapons and more dangerous weapons ought to be totally banned."

Ramsey takes over the top job in Philadelphia where citizens are able to carry concealed weapons.

A decision from the Supreme Court is expected in June of 2008.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

Has the City of Brotherly Love gone completely bonkers?
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Ramsey is a joke.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Old Chief View Post
    Has the City of Brotherly Love gone completely bonkers?
    Lol - what love? Ever been there? Last few times I was there I never felt any love.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

From bad to worse, if possible.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

"Meet the new boss
    Same as the old boss"

Links