Not-so-nice LEO encouter - Page 3

Not-so-nice LEO encouter

This is a discussion on Not-so-nice LEO encouter within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Man was just expressing an opinion of how he was approched. Only a cop or ex-cop would answer as you did. Seems you made his ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not-so-nice LEO encouter

Thumbs down

Man was just expressing an opinion of how he was approched. Only a cop or ex-cop would answer as you did. Seems you made his case with your attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Sorry Pete, nothing personal, but you sound like a whining little kid that got his panties bunched up because a big man was "mean" to you.
    You stated that you were in the park after dark.. the LEO told you that was illegal. You admitted what you were doing would look to the casual observer that it was a drug deal... Where is the problem here?

I also have a feeling if you didnt get stopped, this thread would be about the stupid cop that had no idea that you where there, and because of his poor training and lack of ability you could have taken him blah blah blah, etc.

I dont mean this as an attack, but I've been in both sets of shoes lots and lots of times, and you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

You may have violated a city ordnance and in my town, it was also arrestable. Discouresy, if there was some on the officers part is unprofessional and uncalled for. Being told you could be arrested if there was a legitimate reason is fact, not threat. Quitcherbitchin.

Quote Originally Posted by Con43 View Post
    Man was just expressing an opinion of how he was approched. Only a cop or ex-cop would answer as you did. Seems you made his case with your attitude.
    Geez, "welcome" to the forum. All opinions are welcome -- some less than others.

Administrator
    And I was just expressing my opinion. I hope this post finds you in a better mood than when it was posted Con.

I've said that I have no bad feelings towards Pete for telling his story or for him feeling the way he does, but I still stand by my original statement that he sounds like a little kid crying about getting smacked on the hand when he knew exactly why he got "smacked".

Oh yeah, and your right about the cop or ex cop thing... sometimes those who do the job are the ones who have the most insight into what was going on. Go figure.
    "Just blame Sixto"

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    Geez, "welcome" to the forum. All opinions are welcome -- some less than others.
    And I was just expressing my opinion. I hope this post finds you in a better mood than when it was posted Con.
    Take a chill pill, guys...

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    ... I still stand by my original statement that he sounds like a little kid crying about getting smacked on the hand when he knew exactly why he got "smacked"..
    ...and of course your comment about the panties...

...I think your comment was uncalled for as he too was expressing his opinion. You didn't like his opinion...so you belittle him???

I did chuckle with your disclaimer though..."Sorry Pete, nothing personal"...when in the same breath you accuse someone, on a website that embraces respect for posters as a "whiny little kid".

I can understand defending your profession and believe you could of made your point without the belittling...you didn't score any points in my eyes.

Rick

As an older (age wise)member who has learned to listen rather than speak most of the time. This is one of the times that I have to speak. I can't help but see why certain leo leave a bad taste in the mouths of younger people. I have to agree with Bandit concerning making a point without belittling....but follow some leo remarks on this forum and one certainly draws a conclusion that anytime one disagrees with them they are then criticized or called childish names. One does not have to be a psychiatrist to realize that a few here are cocked and locked and ready to fire a volley of criticism when disagreed with especially when it comes to walking across their sacred ground of what they believe to be law. For the most part the leo on this forum give great advice and that is why I like reading....Opfor for one and many others. However, a few are so critical and know it all that they would do well to evaluate why they are even in law enforcement. I for one am not impressed with their attitude.

Having said that now you can blast away. I am much older than most here, have carried longer than some of you have been alive and certainly some of you remind me of myself many years ago when I was young and dumb. Now I am simply old and dumb....but a *&^% of a lot wiser.

Merry Christmas

Mr_D

1943 - 2009
    bandit383 and Mr_D,

Did you guys not read post #35?

All members, stay on topic without sniping at one another or this thread will have to be closed.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    bandit383 and Mr_D,

Did you guys not read post #35?

All members, stay on topic without sniping at one another or this thread will have to be closed.
    Yes, I did read your post #35 CC...and I also think you should of edited his belittling comments.

Best
    Rick

Administrator
    There was no belittling at all. If I wanted to belittle someone, there would be no doubt in anyones mind that I just dressed them down. This was an attempt at a humorous way of getting my point across. I would even go so far as to say that you guys sound they same way, but I wouldnt want to hurt any feelings now would I?

Come on guys. If you've been around here long enough you know what I'm all about, I'm just foolin around but at the same time making my point.
    "Just blame Sixto"

1943 - 2009
    Well, this thread continues to run in circles, so it's closed.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links