Traffic officers (not gun related). A question, please?

This is a discussion on Traffic officers (not gun related). A question, please? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thanks, guys, and I think you're right. Since I already gave my account to the dispatch guy and the accident wasn't reported anyway, I guess ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traffic officers (not gun related). A question, please?

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Thanks, guys, and I think you're right. Since I already gave my account to the dispatch guy and the accident wasn't reported anyway, I guess I'm just being paranoid.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

2. Remove Ads

Update. An officer called and left a message for me at the home number today. He said that a report had come in which sounds exactly like mine, but it's listed as Sunday, not Saturday. In any case, he said in the message that this isn't a criminal matter, only a civil one, and that I could swap insurance info with the driver of the car involved. But.... she didn't leave a phone number, so I can't think of a way to contact her.

-miklcolt45

Call and speak to non-emergancy and ask to speak with a traffic investigation supervisor (if dept. is big enough to have one). Explain your information to them and see what they say. If the day is wrong there is a big chance that this is not your incident at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mslaughtertx View Post
    Call and speak to non-emergancy and ask to speak with a traffic investigation supervisor (if dept. is big enough to have one). Explain your information to them and see what they say. If the day is wrong there is a big chance that this is not your incident at all.
    That's what has me puzzled a bit. The day was wrong and I also could have sworn that it was after 7:00, yet the report said 6:47. There just seems to be a lot of inconsistencies. I suppose it's possible that a very similar incident could have happened the next day at close to the same time.

The office I talked to was Hit and Run/Investigations, so that's probably the correct office.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also.... in case anyone missed it before, I called about 2-3 hours after the fact on Saturday and I was told that the incident had NOT been reported. If an officer had come to the scene, wouldn't it be in their system by that time? I would assume that it would have to be. The guy I spoke with at that time did a thorough search and turned up nothing.

-miklcolt45

Lead Moderator
    The other driver could well have reported later on. 6:47 -7:00 is pretty close to the same time. the other driver could also have told the report taker the wrong day.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links