Police Begin Fingerprinting on Traffic Stops [Green Bay]

This is a discussion on Police Begin Fingerprinting on Traffic Stops [Green Bay] within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Citizens do have the right to say no. "They could say no and not have to worry about getting arrested," defense attorney Jackson Main said. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48

Thread: Police Begin Fingerprinting on Traffic Stops [Green Bay]

  1. #16
    Member Array Sharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    80
    Citizens do have the right to say no. "They could say no and not have to worry about getting arrested," defense attorney Jackson Main said. "On the other hand, I'm like everybody else. When a police officer tells me to do something, I'm going to do it whether I have the right to say no or not."
    Saying things like this keeps money in his pockets.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    VIP Member Array TN_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shelby County TN
    Posts
    11,108
    I have no problem with it. I have nothing to hide and if it helps keep identity theft down, I'm for it.

    As SIXTO said, they already have all your info on your ID, what is the big deal with verifying it with a thumb print?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

  4. #18
    Ex Member Array F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High in Colorado
    Posts
    1,706
    And the temperature of the water under the frog goes up 1 degree.

    This is probably not that big a deal, but put together with everything else.

    do not go into any kind of database
    YET

    Remember seatbelt laws??? Never going to be a "primary" violation have to be stopped for something else first, just a check right?? Well how many of those states have "primary" violation laws now??? Just about all of them!!!!

    Yea this little step ain't much but what about the next half dozen they add on, manditory print is next, then how long before a DNA swab and retana print?????? Followed by full cavity search how far down the road???? It's just one step at a time.

  5. #19
    Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,681
    Hummm...there are those that don't care...if it cuts down on ID theft and they already have my prints. Then there are those that are distrustful of the intent.

    1) If they already have my prints...why do they need it on a ticket...to prove my identity?? I don't get it...if I put my print on a ticket, it gets sent to some clearing house...not being run by a computer or anything. So, how is my identity checked if not run through some computer? Say I am not who I am...and put my print on the ticket...how will they catch me?

    2) There is a big push towards identity cards with everything including your mother's maiden name...and there is a big cry about intrusion, Patriot Act...you name it. How is the finger print no different?

    Rick

  6. #20
    Senior Member Array XD in SC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    660
    I don't know if some of you are thinking this through......

    If you put a thumb print on the ticket, and then you go to court and say "it's not mine" , then they will run it to verify if it's you or not. Will also work in reverse if someone uses your identity, then actually shows up for court to say "it ain't me", then it can be run. Not likely, but....

    It is a cover their butt procedure.

    I have nothing to hide, and have given prints for all kinds of reasons, so what's another?
    Heck here in SC I don't know of anyone that even has to sign a citation.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

  7. #21
    Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Remember seatbelt laws??? Never going to be a "primary" violation have to be stopped for something else first, just a check right?? Well how many of those states have "primary" violation laws now??? Just about all of them!!!!
    Just curious, but do you think seat belt laws are a bad idea? Are you aware how many lves are saved because the occupants are wearing seat belts? More importantly, are you aware of the cost savings of not having to provide health are for those seriously injured because they were not wearing seat belts? Every intelligent indivdual wears seat belts. The other necessitate legislation and enforcement.

    The same is true of motorcycle helmet laws although there are still some states (AZ included) that don;t yet reure it. Those who don't wear helmets dont need them!

    Yea this little step ain't much but what about the next half dozen they add on, manditory print is next, then how long before a DNA swab and retana print?????? Followed by full cavity search how far down the road???? It's just one step at a time.
    The old slippery slope argument, which is never effective as a logical argument. "Papers, please! Now! [Rubber glove snap] Bend over and drop your drawers! Do it!

    Sure, sure, just another few degrees on the frog...Can you say paranoia?

  8. #22
    Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by XD in SC View Post
    I don't know if some of you are thinking this through......

    If you put a thumb print on the ticket, and then you go to court and say "it's not mine" , then they will run it to verify if it's you or not. Will also work in reverse if someone uses your identity, then actually shows up for court to say "it ain't me", then it can be run. Not likely, but....

    It is a cover their ass procedure.

    I have nothing to hide, and have given prints for all kinds of reasons, so what's another?
    Heck here in SC I don't know of anyone that even has to sign a citation.
    Now, how often does this happen...either scenario? The argument to catch illegals/stolen IDs/Fake IDs is getting thinner...

    Rick

  9. #23
    Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Just curious, but do you think seat belt laws are a bad idea? Are you aware how many lves are saved because the occupants are wearing seat belts? More importantly, are you aware of the cost savings of not having to provide health are for those seriously injured because they were not wearing seat belts? Every intelligent indivdual wears seat belts. The other necessitate legislation and enforcement.

    The same is true of motorcycle helmet laws although there are still some states (AZ included) that don;t yet reure it. Those who don't wear helmets dont need them!
    Who are we to interfere with Natural Selection?

    In doing, so, we are doing a grave disservice to the future of the human race.


  10. #24
    Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Now, how often does this happen...either scenario? The argument to catch illegals/stolen IDs/Fake IDs is getting thinner...

    Rick
    I've arrested at least two guys whose scumbag brothers used their identity upon arrest, then failed to appear in court, resulting in a warrant being issued for.......guess who?

    This is one reason why scumbags don't carry ID....so they can be whoever they want to be.

    That, and most of them don't have driver's licenses, due to their tendency toward DWI and not paying fines....

  11. #25
    Ex Member Array FN1910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Just curious, but do you think seat belt laws are a bad idea? Are you aware how many lves are saved because the occupants are wearing seat belts? More importantly, are you aware of the cost savings of not having to provide health are for those seriously injured because they were not wearing seat belts? Every intelligent indivdual wears seat belts. The other necessitate legislation and enforcement.

    The same is true of motorcycle helmet laws although there are still some states (AZ included) that don;t yet reure it. Those who don't wear helmets dont need them!



    The old slippery slope argument, which is never effective as a logical argument. "Papers, please! Now! [Rubber glove snap] Bend over and drop your drawers! Do it!

    Sure, sure, just another few degrees on the frog...Can you say paranoia?
    My daughter just told me that as of Jan 1 the life insurance policy that covers her with her company will no longer pay if you are killed in a car accident and not wearing a seat belt or if you are on a motorcycle, 4 wheeler etc. and not wearing a helmet. They don't say you have to wear one just they won't pay off if you are not. Maybe this will get their attention.

  12. #26
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,571

    Nah, just gets the insurer off the hook

    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    My daughter just told me that as of Jan 1 the life insurance policy that covers her with her company will no longer pay if you are killed in a car accident and not wearing a seat belt or if you are on a motorcycle, 4 wheeler etc. and not wearing a helmet. They don't say you have to wear one just they won't pay off if you are not. Maybe this will get their attention.
    Nah, won't get anyone's attention. It just gets the insurer off the hook.

    Another example of creeping corporate control of our everyday life.

    Watch out, 'cause there's no end to what corporations (as opposed to the government) can demand of us. Want to smoke, you can't work for us--and you'll have to prove it with piss tests.

    Want to rent, no smoking in the apartment, no guns either. Both have happened already.

    Uncle has figured out that he doesn't need to work hard to spy on the population; the corps. have created magnificant data bases all ready to mined.

    Government is a piker when it comes to dreaming up ways to take our liberties, as compared to corporate Amerika.

  13. #27
    Ex Member Array FN1910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,235
    I recently started getting harassing phone calls from a collection agency. Evidnetly someone had given them my phone number for either a bad check or loan. I thought I had it straightened out when the calls started up again. Luckily I was able to convince them that they had the wrong number unlike a few people I know that have had to resort to legal actions to clear their name. I will gladly trade a finger print for proof that I wasn't the one ticketed.

  14. #28
    VIP Member
    Array nn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    7,119
    Their just frustrated that Green Bay won't be 16-0

  15. #29
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,837
    I've got a better idea than a fingerprint. Since its all about identification, basically proving who you say you are, why don't we just implant some sort of device in our right hand or forehead?

    Then, we and the authorities that some here seem to worship, would be made happy by the fact that we were exactly who we said we were. Fake I.D.'s would be a thing of the past, fraudulent checks and cash schemes would disappear overnight.

    Another plus is that eventually we wouldn't have to carry wallets or purses with ID in them, because everywhere we would go it would already be with us. Also, if someone got lost, kidnapped or ran afoul of the law, their location could be instantly determined by satellite. Eventually this chip would replace money, and we wouldn't even need that, money would become obsolete because our paychecks would automatically be deposited in the bank. Any transaction we would make would be quick and painless with a simple hand scan. Since cash would be no more, robberies, and holdups would be eliminated.

    The illegal alien problem would also go away as they would be unable to buy,sell or receive any kind of compensation without this chip.

    I say, lets just blow by the fingerprint issue(cause really all its about is to get the good little people less resistant to what's coming in the future) and get to the heart of the problem. Lets mandate a chip that every man,woman and child would be required to have to buy sell or be part of the system.

    What'd ya say?

    Sounds like a great idea to me.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

  16. #30
    Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I've got a better idea than a fingerprint. Since its all about identification, basically proving who you say you are, why don't we just implant some sort of device in our right hand or forehead?

    Then, we and the authorities that some here seem to worship, would be made happy by the fact that we were exactly who we said we were. Fake I.D.'s would be a thing of the past, fraudulent checks and cash schemes would disappear overnight.

    Another plus is that eventually we wouldn't have to carry wallets or purses with ID in them, because everywhere we would go it would already be with us. Also, if someone got lost, kidnapped or ran afoul of the law, their location could be instantly determined by satellite. Eventually this chip would replace money, and we wouldn't even need that, money would become obsolete because our paychecks would automatically be deposited in the bank. Any transaction we would make would be quick and painless with a simple hand scan. Since cash would be no more, robberies, and holdups would be eliminated.

    The illegal alien problem would also go away as they would be unable to buy,sell or receive any kind of compensation without this chip.

    I say, lets just blow by the fingerprint issue(cause really all its about is to get the good little people less resistant to what's coming in the future) and get to the heart of the problem. Lets mandate a chip that every man,woman and child would be required to have to buy sell or be part of the system.

    What'd ya say?

    Sounds like a great idea to me.
    I know you are being sarcastic but I don't have a problem with most of it. We are already nearing a cashless society. I rarely use cash. My pay is directly deposited, my investment income is automatically reinvested, my taxes are electronically filed and most of my purchases are on a credit card. We have CCWs, Social Security cards, drivers licenses, credit cards, gas cards, library cards, AAA cards, debit cards, frequent shopper cards, membership cards... Our wallets are full of little pieces of plastic. If that could be simplified by a programmable chip, it sounds like a great idea. OF course, it would be VOLUNTARY, rather than the mandate that makes your post sound like a horrible government intervention. You can instead carry all those cards, if you want to feel like you are anonymous.

    I think that parents should be able to put GPS systems on their minor children. We already have units that attach to minor's cars so parents can monitor their behavior. And GPS locators should be mandatory for all non citizens working on temporary visas so they can be located after their time has expired. They can be removed when the non citizens leave or when the child reaches majority age.

    Exactly what is your objection to advancing technology? Long for the 'good old days?'

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Soldiers in Afghanistan this summer will begin using new "green" ammunition
    By WhoWeBePart1 in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 26th, 2010, 08:45 PM
  2. Traffic Stops and CC
    By enfd250 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: March 19th, 2009, 06:35 PM
  3. Question to LEO's about traffic stops.
    By SleepingZ in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: September 22nd, 2007, 12:09 PM
  4. Traffic Stops
    By SelfDefense in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: July 24th, 2007, 10:39 AM
  5. Traffic Stops 101
    By SIXTO in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: April 7th, 2007, 02:04 AM

Search tags for this page

finger printing florida traffic stops

,

fingerprinting at traffic stop in florida

,

fingerprinting+green bay

,

florida driving citation finge rprint

,

sarah thomsen green bay

Click on a term to search for related topics.