Philly Police Faulted For Shootings

This is a discussion on Philly Police Faulted For Shootings within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know these threads about Philly can't be serious....after all Philly is the "City of Brotherly Love". Must be rumors being spread by the same ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Philly Police Faulted For Shootings

VIP Member
    I know these threads about Philly can't be serious....after all Philly is the "City of Brotherly Love". Must be rumors being spread by the same people who claim DC isn't a safe gun free zone.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
    Not sure what the term "it comes as no suprise" is supposed to mean. You do not know me or anything about me. I simply made a statement that IMO can be backed with fact.
    Just one example:
    * Arrests of New York's Finest rose 25 percent in 2006 over the previous year, from 91 to 114.
    * The number of policeman caught using drugs last year jumped 138 percent, from eight incidents the previous year to 19,.* Fraud allegations involving insurance, credit card and welfare swindles rose 85 percent to 50 complaints from 27 the previous year.
    * The number of policeman stripped of their guns and badges and placed on modified duty jumped 55 percent, from 137 to 212, but suspensions fell 11 percent from 159 to 142.

Again, the above is one example of one department. I did apologize for the wrong use of words (most). For me this is a high percentage but certainly is not "most". It has nothing to do with the good LEO in the country. It has nothing to do with a formulated opinion in your mind "you have such a poor opinion of our Nations LEOs" that you think I arrived at concerning all LEO in this country. I gave no opinion concerning LE as a whole but rather an observation of a problem as I see it among LE. There simply is a growing problem that needs to be addressed for the sake of the entire LE community.

Now, I have no intention of continuing this as it will get us no where.
    To the moderators...don't close the thread...I will not respond to any further post on this thread...rest easy.

Mr_D
    I just got reading the paper... there was more than a few business owners that have got themselves into trouble for fraud etc. I guess a "high percentage" of business owners are dishonest cheats. Small business failure rate is awful high too. I guess business men just dont know how to run a business. Mine has been a success though... I guess I'm more dishonest in order to make it work for all this time.

I also read about some car crashes. Its interesting to know that the vast majority of drivers will be involved in an accident at some point in their driving career. 30 to 40% of drivers will have their licenses revoked at some point in time. I guess most people just dont know how to drive.

In my profession, all of doctors and nurses I deal with obtain drugs illegally. Some steal them, some write bad scripts, some trade them for money, sex or other goods. Most doctors and nurses must be drug addicted low lifes.

Now, I have no intention of continuing this as it will get us no where.
    To the moderators...don't close the thread...I will not respond to any further post on this thread...rest easy.

Mr_D

I'm done too... I think
    Last edited by rocky; January 6th, 2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: edit out insult
    "Just blame Sixto"

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I guess most people just dont know how to drive.
    ...What if we happen to agree with this...

-B

I'm not trying to put down Law Enforcement here, but Philly has a problem. I agree with Sixto's statement; but, I have a relative living there, so my statement isn't just my thoughts. Philly from the Mayor down needs replaced.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Just another incident of poor police work. Shooting into houses without knowing who is inside is very dangerous. Shooting an unarmed man reaching for his waist band (if he in fact did) is questionable.
    As most police do they will lie as long as they can until the real truth comes out.
    But it is doubtful the truth will ever come out.

Mr_D
    What is the Officer suppossed to do? A person reaching for their waistband usually means gun in the real world. I'd shoot him also if I was in the Officer's place.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    I'm not trying to put down Law Enforcement here, but Philly has a problem. I agree with Sixto's statement; but, I have a relative living there, so my statement isn't just my thoughts. Philly from the Mayor down needs replaced.
    That very well may be true, I dont know. If thats the case, then lets examine Philly instead of all, most, or a large percentage.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    "It comes as no surprise" was not directed ay Mr D specifically. My post was addressing the fact that the actions of a few wrong cops gets all of the press and Hollywood attention while the actions of the overwhelming majority of LEOs goes unmentioned. As far as those in blue who are on the wrong side of right, they deserve the same prosecutorial effort as any other criminal. No more, no less. The honest MAJORITY of LEO's don't want bad cops on the job any more than the citizens that they serve. BTW, NYC, IIRC, has over 30,000 on the job. 114 bad apples is a relatively low percentage. That does not make it acceptable, it just makes it a low percentage.

As far as the Philly incident, a bad outcome of a situation created by others does not equal criminal liability on the part of the officers involved.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Lead Moderator
    Personal insults and blanket statements (concerning LEO) closed this thread. We all know there are bad apples in any profession. alluding that all LEO are lies /criminals is not right.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links