Taunt Cops, get slammed

This is a discussion on Taunt Cops, get slammed within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Can you say dumb boys and girls? And please :void(window.open('http://video.ap.org/v/Default.aspx?g=50c44690-d8ad-4c17-9e1c-26b8780536d8&mk=en-ap&fg=email&f=flmih','_blank','width=788,height=598,status=1,scrollbars=1,resizable=1'));" target="_blank">check the video Bird Road Rudy: From YouTube to lockup Posted on Thu, Jan. 17, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taunt Cops, get slammed

VIP Member

Talking Taunt Cops, get slammed

Can you say dumb boys and girls?

And please check the video

Bird Road Rudy: From YouTube to lockup
    Posted on Thu, Jan. 17, 2008
    By EVAN S. BENN
    ebenn@MiamiHerald.com
    Rudy Villanueva, 31, was booked into Miami's Federal Detention Center on Wednesday morning.
    COURTESY OF MIAMI-DADE COUNTY POLICE
    Rudy Villanueva, 31, was booked into Miami's Federal Detention Center on Wednesday morning.

A Miami-Dade gang leader gained momentary notoriety this week when he popped up in YouTube videos holding guns and taunting police to ``come get some.''

They came, and now Rudy Villanueva is being held in federal lockup awaiting arraignment later this month.

''He threatened law enforcement, he said come get him, and we granted his wish,'' said R. Alexander Acosta, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida.

Officers from a multiagency gang task force Tuesday night raided the home of Tony Logan, who appeared in a video clip with Villanueva.

In the clip -- filmed by Villanueva's girlfriend at Logan's apartment in December -- the two point rifles and handguns at the camera in a message apparently directed to the Miami-Dade Police Street Gang Unit.

''We were offended, obviously,'' said Lt. Israel McKee, head of the gang unit. ``They were threatening our lives. I didn't take kindly to that.''

Agents found a cache weapons and more than 800 rounds of ammunition at Logan's apartment, according to a criminal complaint filed Wednesday. Among the confiscated items: a Mossburg shotgun and AK-47 semiautomatic rifle identified as the weapons Villanueva displayed in the video.

Both men are known members of the Bird Road Boys, investigators said. Villanueva, a convicted felon with more than 20 arrests since 1995, has been the gang's leader for the past two years, police said. He also goes by the nickname King Bird Road.

Villanueva told investigators the purpose of the video was to 'instill fear in people who will `roll up on me,' '' according to the criminal complaint.

But South Florida's law enforcement community, which has seen four officers killed in the past six months, didn't take the video lightly.

''It seems every few weeks another officer is killed in South Florida,'' Acosta said, mentioning Broward Sheriff's Sgt. Chris Reyka, Deputy Paul Rein, Miami-Dade Officer Jose Somohano and Miami Detective James Walker. ``We cannot tolerate individuals owning firearms illegally and threatening police.''

Villanueva, 31, was charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Logan was charged with knowingly providing a firearm to a felon.

They were being held in federal custody pending an arraignment on Jan. 31.

Miami Herald staff writer David Ovalle contributed to this report.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Stupid is as stupid does.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Ask and ye shall receive. What more can one say?

Assistant Administrator
    Yep - seems smarts let them down - score one-plus to LE .... nice to have an open invitation for a slime fest!!

Maybe more slimes should do this - and make sure they give out all personal info and address etc - make LE's job so much easier.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

So, had one of them not been a felon, what would the charges be, or would there be any reason for the arrest?

I don't approve of the actions, this is just to satisfy my curiosity.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Don't know if the article came from a newspaper but it is nice to see that the AK-47 was described as a semi-auto rifle rather than an assault rifle.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

VIP Member
    Good on MDPD (and the task force)!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    So, had one of them not been a felon, what would the charges be, or would there be any reason for the arrest?

I don't approve of the actions, this is just to satisfy my curiosity.
    A prudent LEO takes into consideration the environment, his subject's actions, and the history. If the arrestee is resisting arrest, there usually is a reason for it. In this case, a short radio transmission confirmed it. Either way, in a criminal violent investigation, the LEO's are well within their rights to put someone on the hood if the're resisting. What else would you expect them to do...wait to get shot?

Agents found a cache weapons and more than 800 rounds of ammunition at Logan's apartment, according to a criminal complaint filed Wednesday. Among the confiscated items: a Mossburg shotgun and AK-47 semiautomatic rifle identified as the weapons Villanueva displayed in the video
    You mean it wasn't a high-capacity assault rifle designed to kill police officers? With special ammo deisgned to puncture bulletproof vests and schools?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    Well, maybe his twenty-first arrest will help... How about this - on your 10th conviction, for ANYTHING, we kill you. Period. Right there in the courthouse - just take you in a back room and give you an arsenic sandwich...

OK, that may be a little much, but seriously... How many times must you break the law (and be caught and convicted) before we just decide that you are unfit to live in society? Do we think that now, on the 21st arrest, Mr. King Bird Road (and what a silly nickname, really...are any of you scared?) will suddenly see the light, turn his life around, and become a productive member of society? Everyone deserves a second chance. Probably even a third, maybe a fourth if we're feeling generous. But twenty plus? There's got to be a line somewhere...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Everyone deserves a second chance. Probably even a third, maybe a fourth if we're feeling generous. But twenty plus? There's got to be a line somewhere...
    Miami Dade State Attorney is Katherine Fernandez Rundle who was anointed to the job by former State Attorney (ready for this?) Janet Reno. She has LOTS of donors at election time and it is the darling of all South Florida MSM even though she is despised by every rank and file police officer in the county.

Do I need say more?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Administrator
    This story reminds me of the dorks taunting the tiger at the zoo. And thank god Janet Reno is just a bad memory now.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    And thank god Janet Reno is just a bad memory now.
    Hey, those skits on SNL where Wil Ferrel did Janet Reno were pretty good... :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Wonder if this will cause them to lose that full ride to medical school.....

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Well, maybe his twenty-first arrest will help... How about this - on your 10th conviction, for ANYTHING, we kill you. Period. Right there in the courthouse - just take you in a back room and give you an arsenic sandwich...

OK, that may be a little much, but seriously... How many times must you break the law (and be caught and convicted) before we just decide that you are unfit to live in society? Do we think that now, on the 21st arrest, Mr. King Bird Road (and what a silly nickname, really...are any of you scared?) will suddenly see the light, turn his life around, and become a productive member of society? Everyone deserves a second chance. Probably even a third, maybe a fourth if we're feeling generous. But twenty plus? There's got to be a line somewhere...
    OPFOR for PRESIDENT!!

I am so much in agreement with you it is scary! And I am NOT kidding. I do believe there comes a point where you have simply become a risk that is too great for society to continue to let you live. The greater good of the citizens out weighs your right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness when that happiness is gained by you hurting, murdering and intimidating the citizens.
    I think that 10 felonies is plenty. At that point you have proven yourself defective and we as a society should be able to throw you away, permanently.

OPFOR for PRESIDENT!!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links