Tasers

This is a discussion on Tasers within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok, My PD just got approval to carry tasers. Took a long time and EVERYONE else (other local PD's) getting and using them first before ...

Thread: Tasers

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Tasers

Ok, My PD just got approval to carry tasers. Took a long time and EVERYONE else (other local PD's) getting and using them first before we finally got approval.

Now, My question is - is there anyone out there that had to put together a letter of some sort asking for and justifying the use of tasers before their dept allowed them?

If you have such - can you post it or if you need to send as a file PM me for my email address???...

My reason is - I'm working at a local hospital as a Campus Police Officer and our hospital has the only Mental ward around. Besides that - there are occasions where something might happen in the parking lot or other areas - visitor control situations where shooting someone isn't justified but to keep from getting injured or injuring the problem person - a good tasing would be in order - BUT - policy forbids tasers and I'd like to see that changed.

Thanks in advance.
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Taser actually has samples of these on their website. I dont remember if its in the secure section or not... Lemme take a look, BRB.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Harp on the risk management factors. The admins and bean counters love to see their liability go down. They personally don't care if you nave to go hand/hand, as long as they're not sued. The Tasers have long proven themselves.

Administrator
    OK, looks like they took down the actual sample letters, they are not in the secure part eithier. If you go here,

Law Enforcement FAQ's

here,

3rd Party Endorsements

and here,

Science and Medical

it will get you a good start. Some of the medical reports they want you to pay for, but google the names of them and you can find them for free.

I'll look around in my mountain of Taser stuff and see if I can find a sample letter for you.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links