Cali Needs to go! Berkeley Against USMC Recruting Station: MERGED

This is a discussion on Cali Needs to go! Berkeley Against USMC Recruting Station: MERGED within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Inside Bay Area - Berkeley gives Marines the boot BERKELEY — Hey-hey, ho-ho, the Marines in Berkeley have got to go. That's the message from ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cali Needs to go! Berkeley Against USMC Recruting Station: MERGED

Inside Bay Area - Berkeley gives Marines the boot
    BERKELEY — Hey-hey, ho-ho, the Marines in Berkeley have got to go.
    That's the message from the Berkeley City Council, which voted 6-3, with Gordon Wozniak, Betty Olds and Kriss Worthington dissenting, to tell the Marines that its Shattuck Avenue recruiting station "is not welcome in the city, and if recruiters choose to stay, they do so as uninvited and unwelcome intruders."

It also voted 7-2, with Wozniak and Olds dissenting, to explore enforcing its law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation against the Marines and to encourage the women's peace group Code Pink to protest in front of the station.

In a separate item, the council voted 8-1 to give Code Pink a designated parking space in front of the recruiting station once a week for six months and a free sound permit for protesting once a week from noon to 4 p.m.

Councilman Gordon Wozniak opposed both items.

The Marines have been in Berkeley for a little more than a year, having moved from Alameda in December 2006. For about the past four months, Code Pink has been protesting in front of the station.

"I believe in the Code Pink cause. The Marines don't belong here, they shouldn't have come here, and they should leave," Berkeley Mayor Tom Bates said after votes were cast.
    Seriously, what is going on in that state? God forbid we ever get attacked on the CONUS but if it were to happen I for one will not do anything to defend that state.

-Alex
    -Never insult a man you are not prepared to fight, and never fight a man you are not prepared to kill.

I wonder what would happen if ALL Federal Funds were cut for this place?

I doubt that the politicians would let that happen, but we can only wish.

I found some more info, this is the write up the city proposed. Read it carefully they are seriously retarded. http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/records...673/img676.pdf
    -Never insult a man you are not prepared to fight, and never fight a man you are not prepared to kill.

Senior Moderator
    Any members near there? I think we need to stage a pro-military rally near the recruiting station.

We should demand equal protection under the law in the form of a designated parking spot and free weekly sound permits.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

What a pathetic place. I wish the whole state would secede from the union. The border fence should be turned north at the Arizona - Kalifornia border and run up to Oregon and then over to the coast.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Folks i hate to mention this but some time back some states in the south attempted to leave this fine republic , and no it wasn't about slavery , it it also wasent about states rights , it was about agriculture and taxes . For the girts eatin folk here .. the south lost .. get over it lol . for the yankees here .. go to the store tomorrow and eat without the south .. Cali Yall fall the hell off the map , we will mis ya bout 2 months . Unfortunately that is not how the fault works , but hey we can dream cant we lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Senior Moderator
    What do you expect from Soddom and Gommorah rehashed?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Moderator
    Redneck, that post of yours caused me to spit Pepsi all over the place.

I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    btw but i wouldnt corrupt my above post with the observation that everyone who can escape cali is now doing it , and sadly to say many come to CO .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Personally I keep hopeing that the big one will hit and the whole state will sink into the Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    Personally I keep hopeing that the big one will hit and the whole state will sink into the Pacific.
    not likely to happen bu i'll settle for leveling the place and putting a beach near NTC before my next rotation there.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

88m
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    btw but i wouldnt corrupt my above post with the observation that everyone who can escape cali is now doing it , and sadly to say many come to CO .
    To true to true ...... corse I could almost put up with it if they just all moved to Bolder - they would fit right in there- or at the very least stay on the front range
    “The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation.” Jeff Cooper

Y'all will let me out before the succession right?
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Woa. not all of Cali is bad just the bay area liberals. I actually went to the protest on Shattuck avenue about two months ago with Melanie Morgan and friends Melanie Morgan and we went up against the code pinko stinko's. What a crazy bunch of losers. We outed them on that day and stood right there with all the red white and blue in their face. The amount of crazy libs in that city is unbelievable. They hate their own country, I just can't understand it they are against what gives them the right to say what they want to.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugerman View Post
    Woa. not all of Cali is bad just the bay area liberals. I actually went to the protest on Shattuck avenue about two months ago with Melanie Morgan and friends Melanie Morgan and we went up against the code pinko stinko's. What a crazy bunch of losers. We outed them on that day and stood right there with all the red white and blue in their face. The amount of crazy libs in that city is unbelievable. They hate their own country, I just can't understand it they are against what gives them the right to say what they want to.
    Sweet.

If you go again, insist on a designated parking space and free permits. The Berkeley City Council may not realize it, but they are now obligated under the Equal Protection Clause to provide those things to other protest groups, and they cannot discriminate on who they provide them to.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links