It's started. Looting in New Orleans

This is a discussion on It's started. Looting in New Orleans within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just want to add this to the top of this thread. It is NOT directed toward striker or any particular forum members. Forum Members: ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's started. Looting in New Orleans

Angry It's started. Looting in New Orleans

I just want to add this to the top of this thread.
    It is NOT directed toward striker or any particular forum members.
    Forum Members:
    Please Think Before You Comment In This Thread & please be mindful of the forum rules.
    I know you all will do that.
    Thanks!

QKShooter.

Been seeing scattered reports (you know it is underreported) of looting taking place all over New Orleans and southern Louisiana. Never fails that there are those that will take advantage of ANY situation that they can use to their own end.

In a protracted event what would the results be? Roving groups of looting marauders?

Be alert and well armed for sure!
    Last edited by QKShooter; August 31st, 2005 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Add A Reminder To Thread

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    I heard rumor that martial law had been declared - no proof of that yet tho.

For sure the scum opportunists will like leeches quickly see what they can gain, out of other's adversity.

Looting of stores is sickening but even worse is when what is left of folk's homes get looted - that to me is deserving of a lead snack!! Worse still here because so many folks will not be coming back for days or weeks - assuming too they have anything like a home left.

Two elements here tho I have to say, on consideration. The ''usual'' looting that so angers and repulses me is for material goods - the parasites that loot for anything they see of value and often trash things in so doing. OTOH under such extreme circumstances I can see some folks scavenging shall we say - just to find something to eat and drink... I do not get the same revulsion from that I admit.

I am appalled by the scale of all this - and every news report seems to find something more.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

You never know when society will crumble around you and I can only imagine what those people are thinking. Further I am hearing now on the news that they are ordering most shelters to be evacuated to include the dome. Can you imagine walking back to your home not knowing if it was there. I remember when hugo came and my dad set up shop. Pops is a Vietnam Veteran and we made it. However, Hugo was nothing like this. Man, I am speechless.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

I guess you could say that disasters like these bring out the best and the worst in people:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...0/150121.shtml

and I heard on the radio this evening that marshall law has been declared in New Orleans.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by striker
    Been seeing scattered reports (you know it is underreported) of looting taking place all over New Orleans and southern Louisiana. Never fails that there are those that will take advantage of ANY situation that they can use to their own end.
    I know these folks have suddenly been through a lot....... But, looters should be shot on sight! (I'll go back to my corner now. )
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Just imagine the legal s***storm you would unleash on yourself by shooting one of these poor victims of society, one of our less fortunate brothers who are only trying to improve the terrible hand that life has dealt him, etc.
    Seriously, shooting a looter caught red-handed in the act would not be the same as a justified self-defense response....and that is the real injustice.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

I'm watching it right now on CNN, have any of you noticed what all the looters have in common?
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

Assistant Administrator
    I have noticed yes - that's all I'll say.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Food

Well, if folks are running around & grabbing food & liquids then that is one thing.
    Because any food stuffs (even in plastic packages) that have been exposed to flood water cannot be resold or put back on the shelves anyway.
    But, if people are just stealing stuff to steal it & ducking into jewelry stores...then that sure is not good.

I just saw them runnig around with an armful of suits smiling as they went by the camera
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

1952 - 2006
    Simple Motto needed here.

"You Loot, We Shoot!!!"

Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Quote Originally Posted by acparmed
    Simple Motto needed here.

"You Loot, We Shoot!!!"

I agree with that

Unhappy Apologies

I added an off color post to this thread and it was wisely removed by Bumper. I apologize to all if I offended anybody. Don't know what I was thinking, worried about the lives of loved ones in New Orleans (Slidell)...they are likely dead. Again I'm sorry. Suffice to say that there are SHARKS in the streets of New Orleans from the Aquarium and I hope they find looters before the looters shoot anymore police officers. It's getting like MAD MAX out there. I have friends in DHS who are going to the last place my family members were located to try and ascertain their status. I can only pray now....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Lead Moderator
    Bad situation, made worse by some of the scum of America. Too bad some folks can't help each other more, especially during crisis.

Cool Shoot & Scoot!

In a protracted event what would the results be? Roving groups of looting marauders?
    I have family members LURPING into the area using Mississippi (north) as a backdoor. They are literally infiltrating via heavy duty 4x4 trying to find our lost loved ones. They have generators, food, water and motorized rafts if necessary. I'm sure they'll stay off the main roads and avoid roadblocks and obvious bands of scum. These folks are NOT military trained, but they grew up in Louisiana and hunt and know the woods, so it's almost as good as being an army Ranger. Yes they are armed, but I don't know how. I'm guessing semiauto deer rifles or lever action and handguns. I doubt these Good ol' Boys have AR's or mini-14s. Still I would NOT want to mess with them! However, if there are roving bands of AK equipped looters, they will make a ripe target for desperate vermin, who've already assaulted police officers and shot up local police precincts. I wish I could go with them. If I had my best friend (retired SF) and one of my other military buddies, we could run it patrol style and infiltrate ourselves even being older than screwey looies. It's just a slower stroll for us old lobos.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links