New Orleans Police Looting Report

This is a discussion on New Orleans Police Looting Report within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This video was originally linked to the "Tribes" article. For those they don't read the article, it's worth seeing.... Video is here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Police Looting Report

DC Founder

New Orleans Police Looting Report

This video was originally linked to the "Tribes" article. For those they don't read the article, it's worth seeing....

Video is here
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

2. Remove Ads

Wow, I'm not sure what to say to that. I guess their homes were destroyed too. But it doesn't set a very good example.
    HK USP .45
    HK P2000sk .40

I'm not surprised at all. The fact is that there really is nothing in place to keep that from happening everywhere all at once. Once you begin to realize that's how the world really is, you start to see things differently.

Honestly, I can't say I would never be caught scavenging for supplies if the SHTF. However I would have every intention of paying for everything I took somehow, some way. I wouldn't be taking electronics and luxury items either.

Of course I've been buying emergency supplies like crazy here lately so I probably wouldn't have to do something like that, not unless it was a permanent breakdown (permanent meaning longer than a couple of weeks).

Assistant Administrator
    Saw it Randy day or two ago - was not impressed!

But hey - when you consider how bad things are there - I guess about anything you can imagine will go down.

Not all cops are grade A1 material anyways - anywhere - and that ain't a slur on cops in general - just an observation.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I think that, if my home were inundated, and my clothes were soaked in a toxic soup of coliform bacteria, putrifaction, heavy metals and poisons, I would be foraging. If all I had left was the uniform on my back, I'd be looking for a pair of shoes and a change of clothes. If I was running out of food, I'd be taking food that would otherwise be thrown away. What I would not be doing is taking luxury items, or taking more than I needed and profiteering. What I would not be doing is looting, if I could obtain those things without stealing.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

But you know that Big screen tv and Mink Coat are a must have in 95 degree no power weather might miss a day of that opraha

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I understand what ya'll are saying in the above posts----BUT--- how much do these cops get paid ?? Just guessing I'd say $38-$40 K per. And with the OT ??? You know darn well that they are pickin' up that check every week. How 'bout their union. How 'bout the police banevilent assn' ?? How about their oath of office? Sorry gentlemen,I haven't heard anything to make me sympathize with them yet. Let me know when ya'll know for a fact that they are not getting a pay check,then they will be(almost) in the same"boat" as the other folks.---------

Administrator

Thumbs down Unreal

I saw part of that. Cops looting Wall~Mart. I never thought I would see that.
    New Orleans Police Department...they never were exactly the shining example for other PDs in the U.S.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Lead Moderator
    sad days in America. Guess ya can't trust anyone too far.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I have been told through reliable sources that some cops were given orders to get food and supplies wherever possible. Supposedly, there is also an instance of some creative editing done to make it look like cops were looting alongside others. I have yet to see the video in question in this thread.

I am quite sure that there are some cops that would take advantage of the situation.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

The times that I have been to NOLA the cops have been very arrogant and beligerant toward tourists and their own people. NO has the highest rate among the larger cities of police brutality towards it's citizens. It does, year after year, according to what I have read. Seeing things like this only gives me more resolve. In times when a huge amount of SHTF ,unfortunately,I feel that I may have to fight the cops also. Lets all watch very closely the day to day hapenings in NO. We may be put into that situation ourselves one day. Now the military is going door to door and confiscating the weapons. Also the same ones that are looting(the NO cops) are taking the guns from the people that are not looting but staying in their homes and trying to protect those homes. This situation is very serious. From this,we should learn what the enforcers can and will do to it's citizens. The same citizens that are trying to protect what is theirs because the enforcers wont/can't do it. Everyone should take a look at the video that Bumper has posted several times. Listen to what is said by the NOPD female. Unbelieveable !!----------

What I found particularly disturbing was the cop threatening to arrest the reporter. I know 2A is out the window, but I thought even the liberals supported 1A. I guess only when it's convenient.
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

CombatEffective, Are you saying that the above audio and video is false,a hoax,doctored? Why would this be? If you have proof that the above is untrue,please tell us so we(I) will not feel so terrible upon viewing it.---------

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    If you read my post above you will see that I wrote that I had not yet watched the clip in this thread.

What I am saying is that there have been orders to officers to go find food and other supplies wherever they can find them, and that in at least one news report cops were depicted as lotters when they were actually in fact eating food straight off of a shelf because they hadn't eaten in a long period.

I also said that I was quite sure there were cops doing bad deeds as well. The NOLA police hae long been considered the most corrupt "major" department in the country.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Cops, or anybody else, eating food off the shelves because they,their friends,or their family members are hungry is totally fine by me. What I saw and heard in the above video made me very ashamed and angry. I hope that the video is false. If it is I need to know. I (admittedly) need to have more faith in the enforcers in the ravaged areas. They are taking orders from someone. This person,or persons,weather they are civilian or military,need to be held accountable for their orders to their men/troops. ---------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links