Oklahoma Highway Patrol

Oklahoma Highway Patrol

This is a discussion on Oklahoma Highway Patrol within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was talking with a young man my daughter went to school with the other day and he is fixing to head off to the ...

Thread: Oklahoma Highway Patrol

Oklahoma Highway Patrol

I was talking with a young man my daughter went to school with the other day and he is fixing to head off to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol Academy. I asked him what the OHP is carrying for a duty weapon these days and he said .357 wheel gun. I had a hard time believing it but didn't want to argue with him. Is this true? If it is it's sure a handicap with much better handguns out there.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Colt Delta Elite 10mm in Milt Sparks VM2 with 2 extra magazines on my belt. This is normally worn on a belt under my bib overalls and works great for me. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

AMH
    I think it is a Sig P226R chambered for .357Sig. But I may be wrong.
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

Here's a link to the OHP application page: Oklahoma Highway Patrol Application Info

It says "Handgun - 357 Sig" under item that will be issued to you.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Don't quote me, but I THINK they're carrying Glock 32's

AMH
    The Glock 32 is a compact, I would suspect that they carry a full size service model. Maybe the Glock 31?
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

If it is it's sure a handicap with much better handguns out there.
    I beg to differ sir. I carry revolver or two off duty by choice. One of those revolvers is either a .357 Magnum or a 45 ACP. There is nothing wrong with a good revolver.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I beg to differ sir. I carry revolver or two off duty by choice. One of those revolvers is either a .357 Magnum or a 45 ACP. There is nothing wrong with a good revolver.

Biker

I've got a .357 Colt Python that shoots great and a Redhawk .45 Colt that is a pleasure to shoot also but for a carry gun I prefer my Sig or Baby Eagle in .40 S&W.
    I carry a Colt Delta Elite 10mm in Milt Sparks VM2 with 2 extra magazines on my belt. This is normally worn on a belt under my bib overalls and works great for me. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Quote Originally Posted by AMH View Post
    The Glock 32 is a compact, I would suspect that they carry a full size service model. Maybe the Glock 31?
    I was thinking the 31 was the compact and the 32 was the full frame. But yes, they carry a full frame

They do in fact issue .357 Sigs to all officers and investigators. On a side note, some departments issue the more compact firearms as oppose to full size.

I think he saw .357 and assumed it was the Mag and not the Sig.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

The young guy I was talking to also thought it was a .357 Mag. It's kind of odd that this guy is going to become a Highway Patrolman. In high school he and a few of his friends broke into the school and stole $3000 that was earmarked for a school trip. He also got caught after breaking into a garage and steeling parts for his truck. His father is the fire chief and pretty well politically connected. I was glad he never asked to date my daughter. He always reminded me of Eddie Haskell from Leave it to Beaver. I'm glad to see that they are carrying the .357 Sig. Thank you for all your input.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ridurall View Post
    It's kind of odd that this guy is going to become a Highway Patrolman. In high school he and a few of his friends broke into the school and stole $3000 that was earmarked for a school trip. He also got caught after breaking into a garage and steeling parts for his truck [emphasis added]. His father is the fire chief and pretty well politically connected. I was glad he never asked to date my daughter. He always reminded me of Eddie Haskell from Leave it to Beaver.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by ridurall View Post
    The young guy I was talking to also thought it was a .357 Mag. It's kind of odd that this guy is going to become a Highway Patrolman. In high school he and a few of his friends broke into the school and stole $3000 that was earmarked for a school trip. He also got caught after breaking into a garage and steeling parts for his truck. His father is the fire chief and pretty well politically connected. I was glad he never asked to date my daughter. He always reminded me of Eddie Haskell from Leave it to Beaver. I'm glad to see that they are carrying the .357 Sig. Thank you for all your input.
    After almost 3 years of trying to become a police officer it always pisses me off that guys that have commited these type of crimes get in no problem because they are connected.

Disgusting...
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links