Defensive Carry banner

Marine Corps memories...

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  CorpsVet 
#1 ·
#3 ·
As a Hollywood Marine myself it does bring back memories…..except we spent about half the time in the Quonset huts, and that bus looks down right luxurious compared to what I rode, AND that TI (didn’t get DIs till after processing) was absolutely polite compared to the one I had. Things were defiantly harder in “The Old Corps” (only jarheads will understand that one)

#6 ·
Good Lord-I remember those days! Platoon 2062, 1st day of basic training June 28, 1982 MCRD San Diego. I'm the person I am today because of my Marine Corps experience, and it will last the rest of my life.

#12 ·
Anyone remember during entrance processing filling out the paperwork? I remember a small blue colored postcard. We were all told to sign our blue postcards. After signing and handing it in, we were told that was our official call home to tell our families that we were OK.

And how about being 1st phase or 2nd phase recruit and longing for the days where we could start growing our high and tights (as opposed to being totally bald).

Or how about "scuzzbrushes online!", "scuzzbrushes online, aye aye Sir!"

Or being marched into the platoon sized sand pits to do some PT.

The smell of Skin so soft, diesel fuel and spent shell casings bring me back also.

#13 ·
The smell of Skin so soft, diesel fuel and spent shell casings bring me back also.
Skin so soft......? Hollywood Marine?! :rofl:

Now diesel fuel....I spent 12 years on a tank. Diesel exhaust in the pre-dawn still brings a tear to my eyes! :yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.