More from Preacherman - re NOLA, post analysis

This is a discussion on More from Preacherman - re NOLA, post analysis within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am posting more from Peter - he has just posted this on THR and IMO it deserves the widest audience. Read carefully and also ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More from Preacherman - re NOLA, post analysis

Assistant Administrator

I am posting more from Peter - he has just posted this on THR and IMO it deserves the widest audience. Read carefully and also go to the main link and follow thru some of the other links - eye opener ain't in it! I post it in toto - (sorry - seems our color tags ain't workin).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In this thread, posted after Hurricane Katrina to attempt to summarize lessons learned from the disaster, I said this:

6. Self-reliance seems to draw suspicion upon you from the authorities. I've mentioned this in a previous post, but I've had many more reports of it from those who survived or bugged out, and it bears re-emphasizing. For reasons unknown and unfathomable, rescue authorities seem to regard with suspicion those who've made provision for their safety and have survived (or bugged out) in good shape. It seems to be a combination of "How could you cope when so many others haven't?", "You must have taken advantage of others to be so well off", and "We've come all this way to help, so how dare you not need our assistance?" I have no idea why this should be the case... but there have been enough reports of it that it seems to be a widespread problem. Any ideas from readers?
    I asked for ideas about why this should be, and a member of the API List sent me the following article, which I found highly disturbing, but uncomfortably accurate. Decide for yourselves... I've highlighted what I think is the key paragraph in red text. Scary! :uhoh:

From Freedom Force International (http://www.freedomforceinternational...fpage=issues):

THE US GOVERNMENT DID NOT FAIL ITS MISSION IN THE WAKE OF HURRICANE KATRINA

Analysis by G. Edward Griffin, updated 2005 September 21

There has been widespread criticism of the response of US officials to Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans in 2005. The tone of these complaints is that the authorities failed to do their job quickly enough. Some commentators have said this is a racial issue, claiming that the government would have acted more promptly if the majority of victims had been white instead of black. Others have said it was an issue of the rich against the poor, the oil companies against the consumers, the land developers and contractors seeking to force people out of the city so they can rebuild without interference at taxpayers' expense. Democrats have said the problem is that Republicans were in control, and Republicans are indifferent to the plight of the common man.

In news coverage of this tragedy, the most significant events often were buried beneath a blanket of heart-wrenching stories of personal survival, scenes of awesome destruction, reports of looting, and interviews with experts. However, the key to understanding can be found in the following list of news headlines, most of which did not make it into mainstream coverage. These reports make it clear that the government did not fail to respond in a timely fashion. The problem was that it did respond - but in such a way as to actually hinder rescue operations. There were too many instances for this to be merely a mistake or a bureaucratic snafu. There is a clear pattern here that cannot be denied. Why this should be so will be discussed in a moment, but first, here is the amazing record.

(NOTE INSERTED: For these links, please click on the link above to go to the article, and you'll find the links operational there. The links below are text only, and will not link to the reports concerned.)

FEMA tells first responders not to respond until told to do so. FEMA News 2005 Aug 29 (Cached)

FEMA won't accept Amtrak's help in evacuations.
    FEMA News 2005 Aug 29 (Cached)

Offer of helicopters for rescue work is rejected.
    Narcosphere 2005 Sept 1 (Cached)

FEMA blocks 500 Florida airboat pilots from rescue work.
    Sun Sentinel 2005 Sept 2 (Cached)

FEMA to Chicago: Send just one truck.
    Chicago Tribune 2005 Sept 2 (Cached)

FEMA turns back volunteer Sheriff's deputies and medical team. Unknown News 2005 Sept 2 (Cached)

FEMA bars morticians from entering New Orleans.
    Tri Valley Central 2005 Sept 2 (Cached)

Pentagon says military mission in New Orleans is combat, not rescue. Army Times 2005 Sept 2 (Cached)

FEMA blocks 500-boat citizen flotilla from delivering aid.
    Daily Kos 2005 Sept 3 (Cached)

Homeland Security won't let Red Cross deliver food.
    Post Gazette 2005 Sept 3 (Cached)

Military turns back flood survivors trying to leave city. Thousands held at gunpoint and locked up in Superdome.
    Reuters 2005 Sept 3 (Cached)

FEMA fails to utilize Navy ship with 600-bed hospital onboard. Chicago Tribune 2005 Sept 4 (Cached)

FEMA cuts local emergency communications phone lines.
    Meet the Press 2005 Sept 4 (Cached)

FEMA turns away experienced firefighters.
    Daily Kos 2005 Sept 5 (Cached)

FEMA turns back Wal-Mart supply trucks.
    NY Times 2005 Sept 5 (Cached)

FEMA prevents Coast Guard from delivering diesel fuel.
    NY Times 2005 Sept 5 (Cached)

Navy pilots who rescued victims are reprimanded.
    NY Times 2005 Sept 7 (Cached)

US government turns back German plane with 15 tons of aid.
    Star Tribune 2005 Sept 10 (Cached)

FEMA officials forbid stores from re-opening. Sheriff defies their order and threatens to arrest them. (Article near the bottom of page.) Times-Picayune 2005 Sept 11 (Cached)

FEMA declines volunteer firemen for rescue operations. Uses them to distibute public relations pamphlets.
    Salt Lake Tribune 2005 Sept 12 (Cached)

FEMA orders doctor to stop treating hurricane victims.
    Advocate 2005 Sept 16 (Cached)

So what is going on here? Were agents of the federal government trying to kill American citizens? Were they trying to obtain the maximum death toll and the highest level of human suffering? It would seem that way at first, but I would like to suggest that this incredible behavior stems from something else - something equally unsettling.

The only legitimate function of government is to protect the lives, liberty, and property of its citizens. In New Orleans, however, it was clear that the primary job of the military, FEMA, and Homeland Security was, not to protect citizens, but to protect the government and keep it functioning. It can be argued that, if government does not protect itself first, it may not be able to protect its citizens, so that should be its first obligation. However, the government was not in danger in New Orleans. Aside from one or two snipers, its forces were never under attack, and its ability to function was never threatened; so the self-preservation argument is not valid in this case.

It was clear from the start that the goal of FEMA and Homeland Security was, not to resue people, but to control them. Their directive was to relocate families and businesses, confiscate property, commandeer goods, direct labor and services, and establish martial law. This is what they have been trained to do. The reason they failed to carry out an effective rescue operation is that this was not their primary mission, and the reason they blocked others from doing so is that any operations not controlled by the central authority are contrary to their directives. Their objective was to bring the entire area under the control of the federal government - and this they succeeded in doing very well.

William Anderson, in an article posted to the the web site of the von Mises Institute, came to the same conclusion but from a slightly different perspective. He calls attention to the need for politicians and government agencies to be in the spotlight during emergencies so they can look good to the voters and claim credit for all positive results. They are not interested in sharing the praise. Williams writes:

The huge outpouring of private aid, from donation of money, food, clothing, time, and housing (many people simply have taken in refugees ? white and black ? in their own homes) stands in contrast to [Anne] Rice's "America is hopelessly racist and hates the poor" [as Rice claimed in the New York Times] and demonstrates that the will to sacrifice for those truly in need certainly exists in this country. While it is not surprising that the elitist New York Times would take this as its standard view, it also is a shame when the country's "newspaper of record" can't even record the right things.

Yet, for all of the public angst over the federal government's ? and especially FEMA's ? post-disaster response, most observers have missed what is painfully obvious: the government's response was perfectly in character to how people in government act in such situations. To say this in an alternative way, government was being government the same way that a dog is a dog.

As anyone knows, dogs are territorial animals, and governments are territorial entities. The first rule that a government agent follows when confronted with an "emergency" is to "secure the area." For example, when two young men were merrily going on a murder and mayhem spree at Columbine High School in 1999, the vaunted police "SWAT" team stayed outside and encircled the complex because someone said that the area had to be "secured" before police actually could try to save anyone. (Of course, we found out later that not only did police fail to save people, but at least one person bled to death because police refused to get help until the man had died. This was not incompetence; it was the normal workings of the "I am in charge and don't you forget it" mentality that permeates government at all levels.)

Immediately after the hurricane had stopped in New Orleans, for example, a Wal-Mart had brought a truckload of bottled water; FEMA officials turned the truck away, declaring that it was "not needed." Before we dismiss this incident as yet another example of incompetent government, we should realize that the official's actions were completely within the character of government.

When governments act to provide services to individuals, they are done within a very different context than what occurs when private organizations provide services. The post-Katrina services performed by the Red Cross and other organizations such as civil groups and churches did not come with the threat of force attached to them. Church volunteers cannot arrest or even kill someone in those circumstances, but a representative of the government can perform such things without recrimination (and on more than one occasion did just that post-Katrina).

Moreover, government services are performed in as visible a manner as possible. Anyone who has watched some of the post-hurricane coverage has seen press conference after press conference after photo-opportunity of government officials from President George W. Bush to mayors, governors, FEMA and military personnel and the like, people whose job is to be seen doing "good" for political constituents. These things are done with the podium and the TV camera in mind.

The FEMA official who waved off the Wal-Mart truck was correct; FEMA did not "need" Wal-Mart to help. In fact, people from FEMA did not want Wal-Mart to help, as the company would have been able to steal some of the thunder that "rightfully" should belong to FEMA and other government agencies.
    While the world is preoccupied with trying to fix the blame for the government's failure in New Orleans, the reality is that it did not fail at all. It was a huge success in promoting its own agenda. Unfortunately, that agenda was not to rescue American citizens. Once this simple fact is understood, everything that happened in the wake of Katrina becomes understandable and logical.

If there are new terrorist attacks against the United States or Great Britain or any other country, what we witnessed in New Orleans may have been but a fleeting glimpse into the future of global collectivism.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    I'm not sure what to think. If that's true it's scary!

Then again, somebody may be fitting pieces together to have a certain look. We know the head of FEMA was fired, yet there was sure a lot of "ball dropping" going on.

Assistant Administrator
    Like with video and audio editing Ron - spin and bias can be applied to any ''news'' but I do think there is well enough in this to at very least provoke some thought and leave some questions floating!!

I guess it smacks in some ways of - ''incompetence'' - or even ''just obeying orders''.... implementation of ''policy/directives'' regardless.

Over time, probably the next several months I think there will be more clarification of some of the ''events'' - such that hopefully we will get the fuller picture.
    Chris - P95

Senior Moderator
    It's not good either way, is it? That's the disgusting thing.

Guys, I've worked, and reviewed AA reports from, a variety disasters (tornadoes, first-hand; "peer-review/analysis" on OKC Bombing). This analysis is spot-on, and the primary reason I would be less than accomodating to persons attempting to exert authority, if I were in such a situation. Your mind-set has to flick on to, "hard-ass/hard-core, work with me or die", otherwise, you will be made into "food".

Word to the wise.......

I think we have all learned that when disaster strikes, and government moves in... It's time to move out, FAST!

Senior Moderator
    Can anyone name just ONE good thing that FEMA has done ?

FEMA operates from Executive Order. The goal of FEMA is not to provide aid or comfort to citizens, it is to assess damage of government assests and prioritize the recovery of those assets.

FEMA is NOT the friend of any citizen. They can and will sieze any assets from anyone that they deem necessary for the completion of their mission. They do not follow the US Constitution and operate completely free of its constraints.

Look at the facts of how they operated in the worst natural disaster of this century and come to your own conclusions...

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns
    Can anyone name just ONE good thing that FEMA has done ?
    Yes. I have personally...PERSONALLY...observed, and still observe, FEMA doing good things for victims down here. Yes...DOWN HERE. I'm right in the middle of it. I'm not talking about things I've heard 2nd or 3rd hand. I'm talking about things I have personally seen.

FEMA operates from Executive Order. The goal of FEMA is not to provide aid or comfort to citizens, it is to assess damage of government assests and prioritize the recovery of those assets.

Well, that first part is not exactly accurate. The rest is, however. Of course, that is true of any government agencies. Government, by its very nature, is self protective and continuity of government always comes first.

FEMA is NOT the friend of any citizen.
    I know many, many citizens who have been helped by FEMA who would disagree. I'm related to some of them. FEMA has helped them immensely in recovery since they lost everything. They are not wealthy, politically connected, or in any way affiliated with the government. And yet "evil, evil FEMA" deigned to help them. Imagine that.

They can and will sieze any assets from anyone that they deem necessary for the completion of their mission. They do not follow the US Constitution and operate completely free of its constraints.
    That, to put is simply, is blatently false. They cannot do anything near what you seem to think they can. I have never seen FEMA "confiscate" anything. I have seen them pay tons of your tax money to purchase things, but never without paying. I have, however, seen local cops, state cops, federal cops, sheriff's, mayors, governers, city coucilmen, members of the press, and private citizens confiscate things. This is how rumors and false...yes...FALSE...stories get started. If you believe all of the above, time to buy your tinfoil helmet and start trying to scrub the secret messages off of the back of the highway signs. That way the UN troops will get lost and won't be able to guide in the black helicopters.

come to your own conclusions...
    Yes, please do. And before you do, talk to some of us who were actually down here in the middle of everything. Talk to some of us who saw it first hand. Is FEMA perfect? Heck no! In fact, many parts of FEMA are royally screwed up. Most government agencies are. But the vast majority of FEMA employees are decent, caring people who try very hard to help. I cannot tell you how many FEMA employees I have seen who left comfortable homes in other parts of the country and have been living in tents, working 16 hour days, 7 days a week down here trying to help. Yes sirree bob...that there is pure evil. I'm surprised they don't have horns and pitchforks. Those are BAD FOLKS! Do you know who the "boots on the ground" for FEMA are? They are YOUR local fireman and cops. They are the nurses and Docs from YOUR local hospitals. They are the people from YOUR communities who are actually down here VOLUNTEERING their time to try and help people Yeah, buddy...they are bad, bad people. They disgust me. When I see the FEMA folks standing in the sun tomorrow handing out water to people waiting in line for housing assistance, I think I might just stop and tell them how downright evil they are.
    Gonzo
    Last edited by TheGreatGonzo; October 4th, 2005 at 12:41 AM.
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Assistant Administrator
    Thx Gonzo for an ''on the spot'' perspective - it does help achieve a better balance I have to say.

Mind you - I am still not a fan (per se) of FEMA
    Chris - P95

Senior Moderator
    A different perpective...

Yes. I have personally...PERSONALLY...observed, and still observe, FEMA doing good things for victims down here. Yes...DOWN HERE. I'm right in the middle of it. I'm not talking about things I've heard 2nd or 3rd hand. I'm talking about things I have personally seen.

I spent 3 weeks in Mississippi and came home last Saturday. So yeah....Ive been "boots on the ground".I've seen the devastation and the mess it caused.

Lets talk about FEMA.
    Lets talk about the feeling of the folks down South and the many volunteers that went down there that felt like FEMA did more to tie their hands than anything else.

FEMA is a big organization. So big that the left hand dosent know what the right hand is doing. So big that it is slow,inefficient and is about as graceful as a beached whale. Still...for all of its faults, I know and realize that most of the people in FEMA are good people that just want to help. Many of them were completley frustrated at the inefficient way that things were administered...from within...not from without.

The feelings of the many people that I talked to were that FEMA was just another obstacle to be overcome...a work around so to speak.

FEMA thinks that thowing money at anything and everything is a great event worthy of praise and adoration.Like the 300 hundred dollars per person that they gave to anyone in a disaster area. A small token of thier esteem,that many people that did not need it took and many others sqaundered on much needed drinks and drugs.
    Thats about the only thing that FEMA did that was mentioned by many people and its about the only thing that will be remembered...other than the miles of house trailers moved in with beds that none could seem to use .

That is the real pity. What could become a great help in a crisis is nothing more than another government org. mired bearucratic BS.

I have never seen FEMA "confiscate" anything.

A few examples...They made line trucks from various power companys ferry them around that could have been restoring power and basically turned them into FEMA taxicabs. They "borrowed" generators that could have been used for running tools to air condition their tents.
    No they didnt "confinscate" them. They just indefinaltey borrowed them...a big difference to some people but not much difference if you happen to be the one that had your stuff taken.

And one other thing so as to not be confused...

You can take your black helicopters and tin hat delusions to a different forum.If you want to bow down to the east and worship that gods of FEMA, thats up to you. I'd rather not. What I'd rather see is them learn from their mistakes and see them not repeat them in the future but I have no delusions of any governement organization being capable of doing that.

I went and I saw and I was not impressed.

Hotguns,
    Perhaps you did not read slowly enough. Try reading my post again. I don't bow down and worship FEMA. The only entity that merits that is God Almighty. He is the only Being you will ever see me "bow down and worship". Exodus 20:3 quite clearly states that we shall have no other god before Him. So, you can "take your 'bow down and worship' to a different forum". Accuse me of pretty much anything you want, but not idol worship.

If you will read again...slowly, this time...you will see that I say, quite clearly, that FEMA is far from perfect. In fact, I specifically state that it is pretty screwed up. I can pull that quote for you if you like. Or highlight it in red with boldface type.

I did not spend three weeks down here and leave. I LIVE here. My family LIVES here. This is home. I AM the "folks down South". My family IS the "folks down South". The people I work with every day ARE the "folks down South".

You pointed out that FEMA throws money at problems and considers them fixed. I agree 100%. I made that exact point in my response. FEMA will pay a ridiculous mark-up (YOUR tax money) on everything they purchase, even in bulk. But in your original post, you indicated that FEMA "can and will" just seize and confiscate everything they want. Buying something at 20% above retail cost is not "seizure" or "confiscation". It is a horrible, wasteful use of our tax money, but it is not seizing and confiscating.

When you make these grand, sweeping accusations about FEMA you are also indicting all the good people that work for FEMA. Let me give you an example. Last week, a local Police Officer was murdered on a traffic stop. As we were making arrangements to go to the funeral, several FEMA firefighters and rescue workers expressed their desire to go. And go they did. On their own time, which they have precious little of, to mourn and honor a fallen Officer they did not know. Why? Because they are good people. Your first post seemed to forget all about those people didn't it? It was simply all about how FEMA was nobody's friend and never helped anyone.

As for the miles of house trailers that "can't be used". Odd...thousands of them are beng used right now. Is it a perfect solution? No, of course not. Did FEMA pay ridiculous amounts of money for the trailers? Yes. But there are currently hundreds and hundreds of people living in them who would not have a roof over their heads otherwise.

FEMA is far, far from perfect. Like most government organizations, FEMA management is too big and too bureaucratic. It is too slow to respond and often trips over itself. That is why the responsibility for protection and survival will ALWAYS truly lay with the individual. That is why Southerners will pull through this...we don't rely on the federal government to make everything better. If you are going through life thinking that the feds are responsible for your protection and rescue, time to think again. FEMA is not going to show up and post armed guards in your front yard to protect you from looters or criminals. Only you can do that. FEMA is not going to show up seconds after a disaster and provide you with food and water. You have to be prepared for that on your own. But none of that means FEMA is evil. It just means that you, as an individual citizen, are ultimately responsible for you and your family. I'm willing to accept that responsbility and move on.

You say, "I went and I saw and I was not impressed.". Well, I was already here, I'm still here and I'm seeing it every day. While the management of FEMA is screwed up and inefficient, most of the people who are actually working in the field are good people trying to help. With them...I am impressed.

Gonzo

PS - We may disagree on just about everything. I don't know you and have no way of knowing. But I will say to you the same thing I say to every other volunteer who has come down here to help. Thank you for your time, your effort, and your concern. It is appreciated and you are in our prayers.
    Last edited by TheGreatGonzo; October 4th, 2005 at 09:34 AM.
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

VIP Member
    Our government often appears to be an on-going "Chinese fire drill", even in the best of times. It's not suprising that the response to a disaster of this size was, shall we say...a bit bumpy . Fortunately, they don't get too many oportunities to practice handling rescue and recovery on this scale.

I'm not ready to attribute sinister motives to their response just yet....it's easier to assume that they were simply overwhelmed by the sheer size of the problem. Somehow, we have been conditioned to believe that our FedGov can snap it's fingers and cure any problem, no matter the cost .
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

When I used to have to interface with bureaucrats, the words I dreaded hearing most were; "I'm from the U.S. Government. I'm here to help." This was always said with the best of intentions, but the road to hell is paved with the cobblestones of "good intentions". FEMA, LA and NO, from all I have been able to glean from the hype, hysteria and biased/unbiased reportiing were saddled with the age old problem of trying to solve a problem from 3 different directions. Three different bureaucracies, three different sets of rules, three different levels of paranoia and interagency jealousy, etc. They did the best they could under very difficult circumstances. Let's hope the lesson is learned and a plan for a means to form a coalition is developed.

And, just in case I did not make it clear that, while I do support the FEMA boots on the ground, I am NOT a fan of FEMA management at all, please allow me to post the following article. It is a fine example of the idiocy that takes place inside the Beltway at the FEMA offices. And why they need a good housecleaning.
    Gonzo

FEMA Responds Harshly to Armed Arizona Police Escort
    Posted: October 4th, 2005 11:15 AM EDT

ASSOCIATED PRESS

PHOENIX (AP) -- The Phoenix Fire Department's Urban Search and Rescue team has been suspended from a federal agency because it sent armed police officers to protect firefighters during the recent hurricanes in the Gulf Coast.

At issue is a rule in the Federal Emergency Management Agency's Code of Conduct that prohibits Urban Search and Rescue teams from having firearms.

Phoenix's team that deployed for Hurricane Katrina relief and again for Hurricane Rita included four police officers deputized as U.S. marshals.

The team was credited with plucking more than 400 Hurricane Katrina survivors from rooftops and freeway overpasses in flooded sections of New Orleans.

Phoenix officials now are threatening to refuse some of the most dangerous deployments in the future or possibly even pull out of the federal agency altogether, unless the rules are changed to allow teams to bring their own security, even if that means police with guns.

Assistant Phoenix Fire Chief Bob Khan said his department also is questioning the federal agency's ability to manage working conditions, security and communications.

''Our priority has to be the safety of the firefighters we're sending,'' Khan said.

Phoenix police were added to the team about a year ago, and officials say they are essential to protecting firefighters and FEMA's $1.4 million worth of equipment. Firefighters do not carry weapons.

''This is crazy,'' Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon said Monday. ''This is a rule that was designed before the world changed, pre-9/11. You can't stand on bureaucracy if we're going to protect and save lives, and that's what these teams do.''

FEMA relies on 28 elite teams like Phoenix's across the country to perform specialized rescue operations immediately after terrorist attacks and natural disasters.

After Hurricane Katrina, firefighters faced deployment to areas plagued by looting and lawlessness. Twice, Phoenix's team was confronted by law enforcement officers who refused to let them pass through their communities and told them to ''get out or get shot,'' Gordon said.

Phoenix's team was demobilized unexpectedly on Sept. 26 after members were seen embarking on a helicopter sortie with a loaded shotgun while assigned to help with the aftermath of Rita.

In a letter to Phoenix Fire Chief Alan Brunacini dated Sept. 29, FEMA said Phoenix was placed on ''non-deployment status'' essentially for including armed police on the team without approval.

Gordon has sent a letter to FEMA officials requesting that the Code of Conduct ''be changed from an unrealistic 'No firearms allowed' to a common-sense 'No firearms allowed except for U.S. marshals integrated into the USAR team.'''
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Senior Moderator
    Yo Gonzo...

I don't bow down and worship FEMA. The only entity that merits that is God Almighty. He is the only Being you will ever see me "bow down and worship". Exodus 20:3 quite clearly states that we shall have no other god before Him.
    At least we agree on that one...

When you make these grand, sweeping accusations about FEMA you are also indicting all the good people that work for FEMA. Let me give you an example.
    You are right...I'll admit to being a little harsh. Its not the "little people"that do the work that I have a problem with, its the administrators. As you illustrated in your last post, its the obvious lack of common sense that is displayed on a daily basis when it comes to making decisions that I have a real heartburn with.

Decisions that any 14 year old kid could make seem to be a challenge for them at times. While I'm sure that many may have been overhwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of the destruction that they witnessed , refusing to allow anyone else with ANY resources to help is not only counterproductive, but it is downright wrong...paperwork be damned...

And another thing that makes NO sense...

In a letter to Phoenix Fire Chief Alan Brunacini dated Sept. 29, FEMA said Phoenix was placed on ''non-deployment status'' essentially for including armed police on the team without approval.
    How can it be that FEMA dosent want ANYONE with firearms ? Owners have every right to protect their assest with ANY means nessesary up to and including the use of firearms. Police trying to do their duty are impeded by some FEDS that think they are the only ones that know how to shoot. Not only is it counterproductive and just plain stupid, but it puts more people at risk from the lawless thugs that could care less about FEMA policies or the law itself.

One thing that NO-ONE needs in a SHTF scenario is another ANTIGUN/ANTIPERSONALDEFENSE Federal organization that believes that common people arent smart enough to know how to defend themselves.

Its just another example of putting rules before people at all costs...
    and it is making FEMA famous because they are being percieved by good folks as a Liability in a crisis rather than the asset that they are supposed to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links