Wichita PD officer shot.

Wichita PD officer shot.

This is a discussion on Wichita PD officer shot. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Kansas.com | 03/26/2008 | Officer survives shot in chest First off, what a lucky guy. But, I'm not sure about doing a room to room ...

Thread: Wichita PD officer shot.

Wichita PD officer shot.

Kansas.com | 03/26/2008 | Officer survives shot in chest

First off, what a lucky guy.

But, I'm not sure about doing a room to room frisk of every resident of the apartment building. As of this morning, they still do not know where the shot came from. Let's say there are a 100 units in the Shirkmere building. If this had happened in my residential neighborhood, would police have gone door to door to 100 houses, frisking everyone, and round them up to a central location? I guess it would make more sense if someone had been seen shooting from the apartments.
    Tom

I just caught this on this morning's local news! Lucky indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    If this had happened in my residential neighborhood, would police have gone door to door to 100 houses, frisking everyone, and round them up to a central location?
    You'd be surprised at some of the truly retarded stuff WPD has accomplished. Nice to see a new Chief has made such a difference for them.

They almost had themselves a nice little street war, around 1994-'95. The only thing that kept them from having to explain a running gunbattle with (IIRC) the Junior Boys was...armed citizens, who gave the JBs the impression that between homeowners and the PD, most of them might not go home that night.

But feel safe; unless things have changed, ICT still has the most stringent gun laws in KS.

Yep I haven't lived in Ks since the CHL law passed but,Wichita was a city that if you had a gun in the trunk it better be unloaded in a locked gun case.Not even uniformed officers from outside the city could carry in Wichita.My problem is they have no clue where the shot came from,so they automatically start searching everybody and every apartment in the area,I'm not sure they can legally do that,but since when has that ever stopped the police.I think they can conduct interviews to try to find out where the shot came from but patting down everybody and doing a room to room search i believe is unreasonable search,had it been a regular citizen got shot at you think they would of done the same thing
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links