Agent breaks #1 rule.

Agent breaks #1 rule.

This is a discussion on Agent breaks #1 rule. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; KOLD News 13 News Editor Marissa Pasquet "A man accidentally shot himself at Border Patrol Headquarters on Davis-Monthan Air Force Base Monday afternoon. According to ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Agent breaks #1 rule.

Agent breaks #1 rule.

KOLD News 13 News Editor Marissa Pasquet

"A man accidentally shot himself at Border Patrol Headquarters on Davis-Monthan Air Force Base Monday afternoon.

According to authorities, a civilian contractor was accidently shot in the stomach.

KOLD News 13 has learned the man is a civilian contractor: a pilot. He was cleaning his handgun when it discharged.

The victim was taken to a local hospital, treated and released. He will not face charges."

I work where this happened.
    This report was way off the mark. I just happened to be off this day.

A Customs pilot accidentaly shot a contractor. Two different people. They were in two seperate rooms, the contractor was there giving a class to the pilots on a new FLIR system. The shooter was in another room showing a personal weapon to a co-worker. Bang!!! bullet hits wall, fragments and strikes contractor in the abdomen.
    I think the contractor hates Tucson, first he hurls all over the interior in one of our helicopters during a test flight, then he gets shot by one of our agents. I smell a big lawsuit.

Yea, but getting shot sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    And so does sitting in a helicopter with hurl all over the place!

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    I have to agree..
    I wonder did the company pad a pocket for the story to come out that screwed up?
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The gun just discharged? Those darn guns, you can never trust them! What about the 'finger'?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by CajunChuck View Post
    And so does sitting in a helicopter with hurl all over the place!
    yuck and ouch hope he"s going be ok.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Another person trying to clean a loaded gun. What is the facination with cleaning loaded guns? I always unload mine before cleaning so what am I missing and am I doing it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by helitech View Post
    KOLD News 13 News Editor Marissa Pasquet

"A man accidentally shot himself at Border Patrol Headquarters on Davis-Monthan Air Force Base Monday afternoon.

According to authorities, a civilian contractor was accidently shot in the stomach.

KOLD News 13 has learned the man is a civilian contractor: a pilot. He was cleaning his handgun when it discharged.

The victim was taken to a local hospital, treated and released. He will not face charges."

I work where this happened.
    This report was way off the mark. I just happened to be off this day.

A Customs pilot accidentaly shot a contractor. Two different people. They were in two seperate rooms, the contractor was there giving a class to the pilots on a new FLIR system. The shooter was in another room showing a personal weapon to a co-worker. Bang!!! bullet hits wall, fragments and strikes contractor in the abdomen.
    I think the contractor hates Tucson, first he hurls all over the interior in one of our helicopters during a test flight, then he gets shot by one of our agents. I smell a big lawsuit.
    I'm confused. The thread title says "Agent". Later in the post, he is identified as a "civilian contractor", "one of our agents" and as a "Customs pilot". Please be advised that none of those types of persons are Border Patrol Agents.
    The Edge ... there's no honest way to describe it. The only ones who know where it is have gone over.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The gun just discharged? Those darn guns, you can never trust them! What about the 'finger'?
    Yup. I'm always hearing about them 'out of control triggers'.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Maybe he intentionally shot him for hurling in his chopper.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    My HK acted up like that one time. I unloaded it, put it in time out, and have not had any problems out of it since. You have to dicipline your guns or they will just run wild.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Hmmmm, I seem to remember a "Rule #1" from somewhere....
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

ouch.....

weird twist on the article. scary stuff.

Senior Moderator
    Guys, I think we're missing the point here, nobody implied the gun discharged by itself. It was clearly stated, "He was cleaning his handgun when it discharged.", IOW, a human was implicated as the cause, not the gun.

Then in a clarifying post, "The shooter was in another room showing a personal weapon to a co-worker. Bang!!!". Again the showing that a human was at fault here. There's no "...the gun just went bang all by itself". In every place discharge was mentioned, it was associated to a human action.

All we can do is speculate about what actually happened, but whatever did, it is quite clear that it was due to human error. And while no charges will be filed, I think we can be sure reprimands and disciplinary action will be taken. Or, I would certainly hope so.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Another person trying to clean a loaded gun. What is the facination with cleaning loaded guns? I always unload mine before cleaning so what am I missing and am I doing it wrong?

This is where I am...I guess I just have the hardest time understanding this. I suppose this is why I'm such a big fan of the 1911 platform and the manual safety. I don't seem to recall all these NDs and ADs or whatever before these new DAO pistols came out. Of course revolvers are DAO but they usually have a massive first pull. Call me crazy...I just know for a fact that NDs were much fewer and furthur between in the old days.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

ree
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Cloud View Post
    This is where I am...I guess I just have the hardest time understanding this. I suppose this is why I'm such a big fan of the 1911 platform and the manual safety. I don't seem to recall all these NDs and ADs or whatever before these new DAO pistols came out. Of course revolvers are DAO but they usually have a massive first pull. Call me crazy...I just know for a fact that NDs were much fewer and furthur between in the old days.

Well there was no Internet and usenet wasn't all that popular amongst shooters "in the old days." So most likely you just didn't hear about them.

Besides, I don't buy this argument...don't you still have to disengage the safety when clearing a loaded 1911...with the mag still in? It's not the safety; it's bad assumptions made by the operator and the ready willingness to unnecessarily use that trigger finger....that's it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links