New Info On "SOONER" SUICIDE

This is a discussion on New Info On "SOONER" SUICIDE within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sunday, October 02, 2005 TERRORIST STRIKE NORMAN OK DURING SOONER FOOTBALL GAME NORMAN, Okla. -- University of Oklahoma President David L. Boren released this information ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Info On "SOONER" SUICIDE

Exclamation New Info On "SOONER" SUICIDE

Sunday, October 02, 2005
    TERRORIST STRIKE NORMAN OK DURING SOONER FOOTBALL GAME

NORMAN, Okla. -- University of Oklahoma President David L. Boren released this information following the OU-Kansas State game on Saturday night: "We are apparently dealing with an individual suicide which is under full investigation," said Boren. "At no time was anyone in the stadium in danger. Law enforcement officials and bomb experts on site were activated in the area immediately. "As soon as the area was secured and the area was sealed, President Boren ordered a thorough search of the garage area near the stadium by the trained bomb dog team. Further search of the lower levels outside the stadium and a thorough sweep was ordered by President Boren. | Special Report with Lan Lamphere..

This is utter nonsence! I was there. Read the rest of this story and find out why.

"Prior to the game, the entire stadium was swept by the expert bomb teams with the help of dogs. Passouts were suspended during halftime for security reasons in order to enhance safety for the fans. A second device which was found during the initial search has been detonated."

President Boren, who is convalescing, has been in continuous phone contact with law enforcement personnel throughout this period.

Additional information will be released on SoonerSports.com if necessary.

October 2, 2005 5:10 AM

Let me say this because I was there. This press release is utter bull! David Boren is trying to save face for OU! A bomb went off no more than 400 feet from the football stadium, which at the time held close to 84,000 souls. One “device” exploded killing someone. No one is saying if it was a man or a woman at the time of this writing. Then another device was found near the crime scene. The Bomb Squad destroyed that “device”. With all that said, and plenty more to say, David Boren, President of Oklahoma University, releases this crap? Everyone in Norman knows the guy is a liberal. But now his office seems to have made him a public liar as well. While covering this story, there was speculation among the press that OU would try to sweep this whole event under the rug to save the face of OU Football. Otherwise why wouldn’t the federal agents, that came out of the woodwork in droves, have taken over the investigation rather than leaving the whole matter in the hands of the privately funded and controlled Oklahoma University Police Department?

What I find amazing is, and ironic, is that the press release that Boren’s office has released to the public stated that "Prior to the game, the entire stadium was swept by the expert bomb teams with the help of dogs.” Was there a bomb threat that OU didn’t take seriously? Is that why the stadium was swept with “expert bomb teams with the help of dogs”?

Logic dictates that two “devices” suggest that two people were involved. A terrorist cell? Why would someone committing suicide using a large bomb to kill themselves just keep another bombing laying around? You know, just in case the first one didn’t click off? It’s all premeditated in the first place. That means conspiracy to kill at least themselves if not someone else in the process. But then there’s that whole “large bomb” thing we’re left to contend with? Why would someone use such a large “device” to take himself or herself out if they were not targeting others to go with them? And when I say a “large bomb” that’s exactly what I mean.

My family and I were sitting at home, roughly one mile away from the stadium as a bird flies, when we heard and felt an earth shattering explosion. I was monitoring my hand held amateur radio when the local repeater erupted with chatter about a explosion. It was so loud that people wanted to know if others had heard it. I called the Police who advised me that officers were on the scene and that a explosion had occurred but they would not give any other details. Our house literally shook. The ground vibrated with a deep rolling growling sound. This was a large explosion. Not some mere Pipe bomb put together by a pissed off student. But when I arrived at the stadium to shoot video for a local news station I regularly freelance for, already this was the spin on the story. This was serious business. This bomb was meant to kill not one person, but as many as could be reached in a crowd based on the size and power of the “device” alone.

On the national news it's become common place to see these events in other countries. But here in the United States even capitalist Universities are hooked on the almighty dollar and are desperate to keep control of making those dollars by any means necessary. Despite the fact that the “devices” didn’t kill anyone except the person lugging the bomb around in the first place, we shouldn't be afraid to call this egregious oversight on the part of the administrative staff of Oklahoma University what it is... Terrorism and conspiracy to conceal the truth from the public at large... Propaganda!

When we hear about people who strap bombs to themselves and blowing up near or in a crowd of people in other countries, we call them "Suicide Bombers or Terrorist". OU doesn’t want you to know that the people of Oklahoma were the target of a failed terrorist attack in the heartland of America on October 1, 2005.

The Oklahoma University Sooners lost their first three games to lesser football teams at the start of this season. They can ill afford another black eye on the field or in the public eye. And that is why this story will never be told for what it is. A spin will be put on it by the powers that be at OU to negate any negative fallout from the political and social **** storm that they are facing with the public knowledge of Terrorists attacking citizens at their goddamned football games! Screw your safety, and buy this season football ticket! David Boren you blew it! Now we know that you’re a liar.

A terrorist bomb clicked off in downtown Norman Oklahoma on the campus of Oklahoma University and there is nothing you can do to change that. Rather than using the media as an outlet for the facts, OU is using the media as their own personal propaganda machine by feeding them untruths and twisted facts.

I am putting this to video today. But since I just got home from being at the stadium all night with other reporters, I am going to bed now. Look for a full-blown video file with commentary on this subject on Oct 2, 2005.

Here is STILL MORE INFO....although seemingly not connected. Yah RIGHT:

OU student faces Aug. 31 hearing on federal charges (OU Suicide Bomber Link?)
    The Norman Transcript ^ | Published: August 18, 2005 12:30 am | By Melissa A. Wabnitz

A University of Oklahoma student accused of transporting an explosive device into Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City last week is still enrolled and could begin classes at the Norman campus next Monday.

OU public affairs vice president Catherine Bishop confirmed Tuesday aviation senior Charles Alfred Dreyling Jr. is still a student. Dreyling is one semester away from completing an aviation management degree, according to his lawyer Kent Eldridge.

Bishop would not comment on whether the university was instituting its own disciplinary proceedings against Dreyling, as outlined in the OU student code handbook.

U.S. Department of Homeland Security documents obtained by The Transcript detail on Aug. 11, federal agents searched Dreyling's Norman residence. In the residence, the memo states, agents found "gunpowder, carbon dioxide cartridges and wires" as well as a computer with a video of detonation of a device similar to the one transported into the airport Aug. 10.

Norman Police Lt. Tom Easley confirmed the department's participation in the search but said he would not comment on the nature of the items removed from Dreyling's Norman residence, nor would FBI spokesperson Gary Johnson. One charge of attempting to carry an explosive or incendiary device was filed against Dreyling in the Western District of Federal Court in the State of Oklahoma. Eldridge said as far as he knows, prosecutors are not planning to file new charges against Dreyling.

Though an unidentified Homeland Security official wrote in the Aug. 12 memo the Transportation Security Administration is proceeding with a recommendation that the FAA revoke Dreyling's commercial license, no such actions have taken place said FAA spokesperson Roland Herwig. Dreyling received the license May 5.

"We have not performed any actions against (Dreyling)," Herwig said.

U.S. Attorney Robert McCampbell said "he was unable to comment on the matter."

A preliminary hearing is scheduled Aug. 31. Until that point, Eldridge said his client will continue to abide by the terms of his release, as he is "representing a fine young man."

"This has been quite a shock to him," Eldridge said. "He's never been in any kind of trouble before and we are waiting for the preliminary hearing."

Eldridge said the government is "admittedly, very concerned about what happened" at the airport and that his client has, and will continue to, cooperate with prosecutors and investigators.
    Last edited by ExSoldier; October 3rd, 2005 at 10:54 AM.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Read the second article carefully. The student charged with bringing in explosives has a COMMERCIAL PILOT'S LICENSE!!!

A lot of folks have posited that the bombing of the Federal Building in OK had an AQ connection. I wonder if we're gonna find out that these two students had a religious conversion to the "religion of peace?"
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Moderator
    You know, when you think of it, just crashing a private plane into the spectators during a ballgame would do pretty immense damage and it would be hard to stop the plane.

If it was loaded with fuel and explosives; it be quite a disaster. I can imagine that game attendence would go way down after something like that.

Same thing would be true for larger churches. We're really pretty vulnerable.

**Update on OK Suicide/Homicide University Bomber**
    Law enforcement sources close to the Northeast Intelligence Network have confirmed that search and seizure warrants were served today upon the residence of the “suicide bomber, 21-year-old Joel Henry Hinrichs III of Colorado Springs, CO, who was a resident of the Park View Apartments on campus. Speaking strictly “off the record,” the officials stated that they recovered “a significant amount” of Islamic “Jihad” type literature, some possibly written in Arabic, along with the suspect’s computer. Some of the documentation included material on how to construct bomb-making vests.

FAILED SUICIDE BOMBING OUTSIDE OF PACKED OKLAHOMA UNIVERSITY FOOTBALL STADIUM ISLAMIC BOMB-MAKING MATERIALS & ADDITIONAL EXPLOSIVES REPORTEDLY FOUND IN "SUICIDE BOMBER'S" APARTMENT

Here we go i keep reading that OCT1-Nov2 There are planned attacks looks like its gonna start hope not but jezz

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Here we go i keep reading that OCT1-Nov2 There are planned attacks looks like its gonna start hope not but jezz
    Ramadan Offensive; RAMA-DAMA-DING-DONG! Yah I think it's comin' head on.

Been worndering if its parnoid if i go down and load every mag in the house what ya think?

Senior Moderator
    We can always unload later.

"Better to have loaded and lost than to have never loaded at all"...no, wait that's about love not loading - I always get those two mixed up.

Anyway, I'm gonna do some prep when I get home.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    We can always unload later.

"Better to have loaded and lost than to have never loaded at all"...no, wait that's about love not loading - I always get those two mixed up.

Anyway, I'm gonna do some prep when I get home.
    Ahhh but when you UNLOAD at LOVE it's so ..... satisfying!

But, agreed. I'm going out to the range, re-ZERO the rifles and bone up on CQB tactics.

Here's a question

could it be that he didn't intend for it to go off outside and through poor construction or something similar accidently blew himself up before he could get inside the stadium?

Man, the spector of color images beaming out from the heartland of America of shattered bodies, scorched debris and terrified people running for their lives is exactly what I am afraid of.

Be prepared my friends, I am convinced it is coming...

Wait, I'm confused. You have unloaded mags? I keep ALL of mine loaded at all times. Sure, I might be paranoid, but there ain't no time for sitting and loading when either Al-Queda strikes. Or even worse, the zombie hoardes invade. And unless tv has lied to me(it wouldn't do that, right?), zombies have gotten a lot faster since the 60s.

In all seriousness(not that I wasn't serious about the zombie threat), I haven't heard crap about this OU bombing, on the news. I try to stay updated on this type of thing, but I guess I somehow missed this. I'm glad I have sites like this one to keep me updated.
    Rest In Peace Dad! I love you!!!

Assistant Administrator
    It is incredible just how low-pro this whole thing has been kept. Barely a whisper on mainstream media.

More confirmation if any really needed that what we ''are given'' as news is very much down to what is deemed ''suitable''.

Media balance eh - great!

Stay alert folks - who knows how bumpy the ride will be this winter.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    The national media pretty much ignored this story until the search warrant was sealed. Getting a search warrant sealed is not easy, and that set off alarm bells.

There is some information out there on the LE info networks. I'm sure it will become public before too long.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

I've got mixed feelings about this (the coverup that is).

On one hand, its a good thing because these animals live and breathe by media coverage, so covering up their failures makes sense because every bit of media attention just eggs them on and inspires others to try.

On the other hand, I really don't like being lied to, and I can't help but think part of the reason to cover it up is political correctness and appeasement of CAIR.

One thing that really bugged me about the coverage here in The Springs is that one of the TV stations interviewed this kids father right after it happened ... he said he didn't think his son wanted to hurt anyone and had been somewhat depressed lately. Well when news came out a few days later that his kid tried to gain entry to the stadium and was turned away by guards because he refused to be searched the local TV reporter said "We've tried to get in contact with his father but he's not returning our calls" ... like he was engaged in some sort of coverup.

Damn media vultures

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    Besides getting ready with loaded mags, hope everyone has supplies of food and water on hand. Buzz is that the Ramadan Ding Dong is going to be nuclear. Read it on WND.com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links