Big Brother

Big Brother

This is a discussion on Big Brother within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Driver's licenses with built in RFID chips are coming. In fact, legislation is already underway in Arizona, Michigan, Vermont and Washington to build radio-frequency ID ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother

Big Brother

Driver's licenses with built in RFID chips are coming. In fact, legislation is already underway in Arizona, Michigan, Vermont and Washington to build radio-frequency ID chips right into your drivers license. The new buzzword is Real ID - which means it has your personal information to be read by scanners and tracked through computer databanks in the blink of an eye. The Department of Homeland Security says that once RFID licenses are issued, only people with them will be allowed into Federal Buildings or on airplanes. Besides being a permit to drive, the RFID drivers license would serve as proof of citizenship, allowing Americans living on the border to cross without a passport. The Civil Liberties Union isn't happy about the idea because it will also permit anyone with the right electronic equipment to track your movements wherever you go.

OMG! There going to stick A GPS chip on us all!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Much as the 'powers that be' attempt to propagate this venue, I think it's still a long time to fruition. Granted--some of the system is already in place. Thing is absolute power and the internet. This is the way the world will crumble. All information online and available----then--someone is going to cut the link--no internet--no information--no banking-no economics--total collapse of everything. Think about how almost everything now depends on the internet. What's going to happen to you when you get pulled over and law enforcement is unable to identify you? That's just the way things are headed. Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    then--someone is going to cut the link--no internet--

No internet means no D.C.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    ... would serve as proof of citizenship ...
    Sure it would. And it will be falsified and duplicated like the existing documentation is. Little will change in the end, I predict, except the speed at which tracking occurs. The minority are becoming the majority ... and it's you/me that are to be reported, at every crossroads we pass. At some point: if you don't "scan" then you'll be detained. It will all happen, if the unwitting legislatures allow it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Yep. The latest "Great Thing" is the remote ICU. Multiple ICU patients electronically monitored by a few nurses and 1-2 doctors off-site. The deaths in NOLA hospitals after Katrina will be insignificant when, not "if" someone trips the switch.

Just giving up a little more info on ourselves. Gov already had my prints on file for several types of licenses. Now again with CCW and when I signed up for flyclear they took a scan of my retnas. What is next DNA?

I'll just mold a part of my aluminum hat and secure my new "real ID" in it.

"Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Just giving up a little more info on ourselves. Gov already had my prints on file for several types of licenses. Now again with CCW and when I signed up for flyclear they took a scan of my retnas. What is next DNA?
    I read recently that some state had already proposed (enacted?) legislation to take DNA samples from newborns, supposedly to deal with "baby-napping", but once it is on file that child is in the system for the rest of his/her life. Read 1984. We are there!
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    I'll just mold a part of my aluminum hat and secure my new "real ID" in it.

I may need to get the plans on that Hat
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The military is already running a similar program with the new "smart card" ID's.
    There's no transmitting chip in it, but it has the capibility to hold all your important information on it (i.e. service record, medical, dental).
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

We already have as of IIRC last year mandated RFIDs embedded within passport books.
    Also we already have as of this year RFID embedded passport card IDs for travel across our borders by land and sea travel only.

'U.S. PASSPORT CARD APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED BEGINNING FEBRUARY 1'
    U.S. PASSPORT CARD

I submitted my own passport application just over a month ago requesting dually a passport book and a passport ID card.
    As to licenses going RFID as well I have no problem with that. Whether a person scans my ID with radiowaves or uses a card scanner as they do today everywhere including at bars and nightclubs too or they visually look at my license and type in my DL#or with some folks still their SS#, in the end a database is hit against and records pulled from there (the database not my RFID enabled card) just as has pretty much always been the case. Ones data/information is not stored in the RFID chip. The chip stores a unique private key which identifies you to a database/databases upon being scanned. Similar in operation to an ATM card or credit card or library card that have a magnetic stripe (which have been around for decades) only this has security features (magnetic stripe has none) and is far more durable than magnetic stripe.

Concerned folks can purchase or very easily with household materials make a radio frequency proof carrier/wallet to store their passport, passport ID card, and/or DL in.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Much as the 'powers that be' attempt to propagate this venue, I think it's still a long time to fruition. Granted--some of the system is already in place. Thing is absolute power and the internet. This is the way the world will crumble. All information online and available----then--someone is going to cut the link--no internet--no information--no banking-no economics--total collapse of everything. Think about how almost everything now depends on the internet. What's going to happen to you when you get pulled over and law enforcement is unable to identify you? That's just the way things are headed. Bad.
    Couldnt have said it any better!! I totally agree with everthing Ram Rod

I figure thatís only the first step.

After a few years of us getting use to that, they will start injecting at birth, and the next time you get your driver license with a micro size implant.

Ah yes. More government control. Once they have gotten us used to the RFID in our Driver Licences, they'll start putting them in our guns. That way, when they eventually decide that guns are too dangerous for anyone but the government, they'll just have to drive through our neighborhoods with the correct sensors and voila! Hitler would be jealous. It's a Brave New World.

Also, I have to ask: what's bad about Law Enforcement not being able to identify me? Sounds like nothing but good to me. In a perfectly free society, we'd have no government police. People would carry guns and protect themselves or hire someone else to do so.

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links