Veterans Roll Call - Page 21

Veterans Roll Call

This is a discussion on Veterans Roll Call within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; New Guy Here. USAF Pararescueman 1970-1976 US Army SF Medical Sgt 1976-2006 18D40 Finally retired with 35 years of Active/Reserve/Guard time and I wish that ...

Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Like Tree190Likes

Thread: Veterans Roll Call

New Guy Here.
    USAF Pararescueman 1970-1976
    US Army SF Medical Sgt 1976-2006 18D40
    Finally retired with 35 years of Active/Reserve/Guard time and I wish that I could still be "playing with the boys" as my wife says.

U.S. Coast Guard Helicopter Rescue Swimmer
    1998-2003

VIP Member
    Cowboybobb693 and rescueswimmer.......nice to see some rescue folks here.

I was in an ANG rescue unit for 11 years (not a PJ) and I miss it!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

21 years service in AF. Spent three years mechanic on Columbine (Eisenhower's plane) 3 Years in SAC, Germany, Korea, Newfoundland. Retired E7. Joined Raytheon as engineer taught Hawk Missle in Iran (before revolution) spent three years on Spy ship, spent eight years on phased array radar in Aleutian Islands. Quality control and electronics field engineer.
    Sambo74
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

eww
    1980 - 2000 U.S. Air Force. Avionics Communication, Radar and Electronic Warfare.

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    SSG US Army Infantry 11B/11C 1969 to 1977
    Vietnam/Cambodia (grunt)
    Germany (Border Operations)
    Ft. Hood, TX
    Korea (nuff said)
    Ft. Stewart, GA. (Ranger bait)
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

U.S. Navy Ret. Active from May 1985-May 2005.
    Aviation Warfare Systems Operator

N.A.S. Brunswick, Me.
    N.A.S. Jacksonville, Fl.
    N.A.S. Norfolk, Va.
    N.A.S. Barbers Point, Hi.
    N.A.S. Kaneohe Bay, Hi.
    COMFLEACT Yokosuka, Ja.

And multiple TDY's,
    being around the world twice,
    but my name doesn't ring any bells,
    from Atlanta to Sicily.

Enlisted in the US Marine Corps Reserves after college in 2004.
    MCRD Parris Island, SC,
    SOI Camp Geiger, NC,
    Co A 1/25 4 MARDIV, Topsham, ME
    Activated 12/1/2006 - 11/30/2007 Attached to RCT-5 Fallujah, Al Anbar, Iraq

E-3 0351 Infantry
    In till 2010
    Mike

Spring Break Fallujah '06
    "Always Flexible"

US Army 3rd Infantry 1991-1993 11B
    1st Ranger Bat 1993-1996

Had so much fun I had to get out and leave it for the next guy.

Talking For the Airborne Rangers on the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    US Army 3rd Infantry 1991-1993 11B
    1st Ranger Bat 1993-1996

Had so much fun I had to get out and leave it for the next guy.
    Welcome to the forum. A buddy sent me this and I'm sure you can relate. You know the briefing everybody gets each weekend before going offpost? Things that can get you kicked out of the battalion? Well the following is a list of things that actually happened in the Rangers. The first SIX happened for sure in the 1980s when I was a Fort Lewis in the 9th ID but I had a bunch of buddies in the battalion. This is hilarious.

Brings back memories and I'm sure we can all add to the list, huh? In fact, I dug back thru the cobwebs of time to glean a few gems of my own from circumstances at the time.

Don't graduate IMPOC (Infantry Mortar Platoon Officers Course) as the Honor Grad, get $hitfaced, call a female MP a EXPLETIVE DELETED and protest that you can't be hauled off to JAIL for disturbing the peace at Olson Hall because you're on a "secret mission" for the 2nd Battalion. CG's (Commanding General's) tend to get testy when talking about such to Battalion Commanders and the s**t rolls downhill from there. (This was my roommate at the time.)

Don't take an AK47 secured from the Grenada Invasion to the base of Mount Rainier, having just guzzled a fifth of Tequila only to pass out in the bed of a 2wd pickup, subsequently stuck. When asked by passing hunters (after vehicle recovery operations) if they'd dropped any game, it is INADVISABLE to indicate the passed out and very dead looking BLACK 2LT as having been a prize BUCK killed at 600 meters.

Don't steal real live USAEUR WAR PLANS and abscond with them overseas. It can lead to NATO banning a specific outfit from the European continent.

Don't "check out" 2 M60s and 10 M4s for a weekend spent clearing out the local neighborhood drug gangs....expending thousands of rounds of ammo...without a single casualty. It can make the outfit the laughing stock of the Special Ops community.

Don't low crawl from the inside of a strip bar during a mass shooting incident by a deranged "lone gunman" and then crawl back inside the establishment thru a hail of bullets and back out again...because you forgot your Berets....and the Beer.....twice.

Don't launch a starcluster horizontally and pronounce (in a thundering voice) TOW SHOT!! Just as the flare sets a whole hillside afire.

Start of the contemporary list:

Here is a small list of true events that have gotten Rangers arrested/kicked out/in trouble over weekends. Before every weekend we get a "safety brief" saying "dont drink and drive, blah blah blah".... heres a couple things that have been said/have happened.

Dont drink and drive

Dont drink and drive, and if you do dont pass out and smash in to all the parked cars between B & C co and the PT Field.

Don't drive your car down the hallway of the barracks.

Don't shoot a gangbangers tires out with your .40 S&W XD.

Don't kidnap bouncers from the club.

Don't laugh while the Vice President is giving a speech at Ranger Ball because the microphone made a "funny noise."

Don't drive your car down the hallway of the barracks.

Don't ride a unicycle down the hallway of the barracks naked, while drinking a 40, and pounding on everyone's doors at 3am on a work night, because it will be brought up in PT formation the next morning.

Do not remove Polar Bears, or other plastic animals from businesses in the area without their permission and put them on top of the barracks buildings.

Dont punch a cop's horse in the face at Mardi Gras, because you WILL spend 4 days in jail.

Don't throw tear gas grenades inside local drinking establishments during happy hour!

Do not "accidentally" shoot the big screen TV and then shoot it again for good measure.

Don't cook popcorn while waiting for the 1SG to come inspect your room because you thought it would make your room "smell nice". (I paid for that one later)

Don't let your buddy drive the wrong way down Victory Drive after going to 10 strip clubs.

Dont have sex with married or underage women.

Dont ride your motorcycle with your night vision goggles.

Don't let your buddies throw-up, puke, or vomit on the beachfire after he's drunk a half a bottle of everclear.

Dont hurl shot glasses at cars in the BCo parking lot.

Dont fastrope off the roof.

Ensure you don't cheer when your buddy is lighting hundreds of fireworks and bottlerockets aimed at the MP station and their dog Kennel only to get caught by the Regimental Commander.

Dont try to smuggle 5 pounds of marijuana into the states from canada.

Dont pick a fight with the skycap at seatac.

NO shooting the windows out of the legs' cars when they park in the S-shops parking area.

Do not steal a reserve parachute and jump off the Savannah bridge.

No Chemlites taped to artillery simulators at an indoor Ted Nugent concert.

Dont put grenades in the amnesty box...If you have a grenade, you may as well keep it....

Dont steal the "PT in progress" sign and bring it to the CQ desk.

Dont shoot your bow an arrow in the Dayroom.

Dont try and outrun the MP's down Range Road in the CQ van.

Dont rob the Bank of America in Tacoma with AK-47s and body armor.

Dont shoot star clusters inside an enclosed stadium at a baseball game..

Dont blow up the leg barracks with MRE heater bombs while shooting fireworks out of the AA gun at said barracks.

Do not throw your pets (that your not suppose to have anyways) off the building while attached to flare chutes to Airborne qualify them.

No shooting your privately owned weapons in the barracks, this includes, but is not limited to shooting an AK-47 off in the barracks parking lot.

No shooting the CQ runner in the eye with a blow gun.

No stealing of sidearms from the MP's or shooting at the MP's when drunk(safety first men).

Don't sneak your "life partner" into the barracks.

If you are on pallet guard duty in the motor pool, do not race the Battalion Commander's vehicle around the MP and crash it.

Don't get in a fight with the Ohio State football team in Panama City during spring break without putting them down the first time. That way they can't come back with the 1st string 20 minutes later to get put down again.

Don't dropkick an Atlanta cop over the hood of his car and then later get caught, because you will get DFR'd.

Don't take the silenced MP5's and night vision out of the SOE Armsroom, pick up your buddy from the ASP and his 9mm ammo, drive around post quietly spraying roadsigns while driving your Camero blacked out.

If you rob and kidnap someone, ensure you don't ask the local police department to help you get your car unstuck from the mud in front of the crime scene with your Ranger PT sweats on.

Don't steal a football team's championship trophies (AU) while conducting PLT beverage operations at a frat party, and trade said trophy for 2 Ranger POWs.

Don't let your buddy pass out in someone's car so He wakes up 10 hours later in Cincinnati, OH.

Don't let your buddy entice a homeless woman with a trail of patoto chips back your hotel room.

When ****ing under age Panamanian girls, find somewhere other than the Dumpster.

Don't swerve while running up Cardiac Hill, and knock 1SG Chin into the ditch, on the other side........because you did squad PT drunk off your ass.

If you get drunk after a chute shake-out detail in Kaisersaltern, be one of the Rangers that makes it into the club, and not one of the ones getting tasered and maced by the club's security guards.

Don't rip up street signs at a party and leave them leaning against your Ranger buddies house.

Don't pass out in your shower while your ****-faced drunk and flood your room.

Don't drive your truck through a cottonfield, blacked out, while shooting your Glock. In the morning, the cotton and leaves wedged in your grill, license plate, and bumper is a strong indicator to the Sheriffs that it was YOU.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

USN
    2002-2006
    U.S.S. Carl Vinson CVN 70
    Two years in Bremerton, Wa
    Two years in Norfolk, VA

One nine month cruise, another 7 month around the world cruise. ABH3..(E-4) Spent 4 years directing aircraft on the flight deck.
    God Bless America!!

USAF, 28 yrs.

Maintenance Officer
    B-52 Instructor/Evaluator
    Flight Safety Officer/Investigator

Took me forever to get through all those pages!!

8 years total so far (and only 25) ... E-5 (6 soon hopefully)
    Army National Guard (220th Eng, Festus MO)
    Active Duty Army Ft. Polk, LA (603rd Trans)
    Army Reserves (245th Maint, StL MO).
    With the reserves went to Iraq during OIFII and was at Log Base Seitz supporting 1st Cav (my combat patch).
    Still in reserves now in Florida with JCSE at McDill AFB, and I just reenlisted for 6 more years (ETS 2013!)

And after seeing everyone with their badges as avatars I think I might put my CAB up there. For those of you "ol' timers" the CAB is like a CIB but for non-combat MOS's that have seen combat.

Ex soldier:
    I was also able to CCW on post. That's just so un-PC these days!
    Well, that doesn't happen anymore, thats for sure. Kind of strange if you ask me.

Roadking51:
    Now let me know if you all agree.

The only people who should have Veterans Day off are veterans. Banks, post offices, and of all things, schools should all be open. Veterans should be allowed the day off to sit around a bar and swap stories.
    Sounds like a plan.

muddspufin:
    U.S. Army 8/98-8/01 63B, 2nd Armored Cav. Ft. Polk LA, What a dump.
    It sure was! We were there at the same time BTW. I was in Warrior Bde.

"Antimedic" ... love that name :D
    "Common sense is buried right next to personal responsibility in the social graveyard." - Andrew Wilkow

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon Bonaparte
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily." - Napoleon Bonaparte

U.S.Army 67-70

RVN 6-68/6-69 101st Airborne 158th AHB. "slicks"
    Hunter Army Airfield 8-69 / 11-69
    Finthen Airfield Germany 11-69 /11-70
    then ETS
    RVN 68-69 101st Abn. Div. D Co. 101st Avn. Bn.

USN 1993-1997 Aviation Machinist Mate

Carrier Airwing Five:

Naval Air Facility Atsugi, Japan
    Helicopter Anti-Sumarine Squadron Twelve (HS-12) '93-'94
    Sea Control Squadron Twenty-One (VS-21) '94-'97

Both squadrons were onboard CV-62 USS Independence homeported in Yokosuka, Japan

Took part in Operation Southern Watch in the Persian Gulf
    1 Rimpac cruise, 1 Westpac cruise and numerous other excercises.

Sponsored Links