Veterans Roll Call - Page 6

Veterans Roll Call

This is a discussion on Veterans Roll Call within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ex...you can find some guys simply by Googling their names. I've looked up guys that way before. Usually guys in significant mil positions will be ...

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Veterans Roll Call

Ex...you can find some guys simply by Googling their names. I've looked up guys that way before. Usually guys in significant mil positions will be mentioned on an orgs website. If he graduated from West Point you can try the Alumni group...I believe their magazine is called 'The Assembly'.
    There are a lot of military forums out there. You can start hunting him down through them also. If he's SOF let me know and I can steer you in the right direction.
    "May God be with you and may the devil be crushed underfoot as you march for peace on the skulls of our enemies, for goodwill, security and a quality of life that comes only with democracy, " - Ted Nugent

Exclamation Rgr5280: It Worked! You're a GENIUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rgr5280
    If he graduated from West Point you can try the Alumni group...I believe their magazine is called 'The Assembly'....
    Hey, I just spent an hour or so surfing around the USMA website and I was able to track him down and actually send him a blind e-mail with all my info. I'll keep you posted if he responds. He's apparently a major.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Outstanding!
    "May God be with you and may the devil be crushed underfoot as you march for peace on the skulls of our enemies, for goodwill, security and a quality of life that comes only with democracy, " - Ted Nugent

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Hey, I just spent an hour or so surfing around the USMA website and I was able to track him down and actually send him a blind e-mail with all my info. I'll keep you posted if he responds. He's apparently a major.
    You're lucky! Sometimes the news isn't good. I went looking for one of my old CO's (He was a 1LT at the time I knew him), and found out, on the web, he was KIA in Iraq (as a Major).
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member

ExSoldier762...

I bet Fort Lewis was a little bit nicer post than Fort Hood (I actually did enjoy being stationed in Texas)!

Glad to meet you, and I'm glad you were able to track down your buddy from those days!

Cool Tales of da HOOD?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1
    I bet Fort Lewis was a little bit nicer post than Fort Hood (I actually did enjoy being stationed in Texas)!

Glad to meet you, and I'm glad you were able to track down your buddy from those days!
    We used to hear stories about Hood being so big it had gates in three different counties....and if you went AWOL at Hood the MP's didn't even start to look for you for five days....'cause they could still see you in the desert....

At Fort Lewis, we would never get a tan...instead we'd rust. Average of about 50" of rainfall per year.

But hey, I was able to get a state CCW permit in Washington State. Paid $15 and it was good five years IIRC. I was also able to CCW on post. That's just so un-PC these days!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Exclamation I just Spoke to MY BUDDY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rgr5280
    Outstanding!

I was able to send him a blind e-mail thru the USMA grads association and he called! We swapped stories and remembered the good old days. He's divorced and newly remarried and GEE I discovered I have a LOT of ummmmm blackmail material on him from those old hell raisin' days on active duty. LOL ~snort snort~

Rgr5280, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUGGESTION!

As I told my bud, there is nothing finer than old friends, old whiskey and fine cigars. Well let's not forget beautiful women and well made firearms.

Assistant Administrator
    GREAT result Ex - it is more than satisfying to touch base with folks after long time spans.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    I was able to send him a blind e-mail thru the USMA grads association and he called! We swapped stories and remembered the good old days. He's divorced and newly remarried and GEE I discovered I have a LOT of ummmmm blackmail material on him from those old hell raisin' days on active duty. LOL ~snort snort~

Rgr5280, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUGGESTION!

As I told my bud, there is nothing finer than old friends, old whiskey and fine cigars. Well let's not forget beautiful women and well made firearms.
    Glad you guys were able to link-up. It is a great feeling. The best part is seeing them again (if you get the opportunity).

The KIA part is tough but the memories live on.

VIP Member

Re: Tales of da Hood...

Yes, I think there were gates in three counties. Fort Hood billed itself as the "largest armored post in the Free World" when I was there, and there were a number of large units there...First Cavalry Division, Second Armored Division, Sixth Air Cavalry Combat Brigade, Thirteenth Signal Brigade (I think), Three Corps Headquarters, and Thirteenth Corps Support Command. All told, the figure normally quoted was 50,000-plus soldiers, not including civilian employees. Hood took up the greater part of Bell County, and it was about an hour drive on the range road from the main post (on the southern side) to what was called "North Fort" at 40 miles per hour.

Hood wasn't the desert per se, more low scrub and small trees, but the wind in the winter in the impact area was, well...we called it the "hawk."

All in all, a wonderful experience I wouldn't trade for anything....

Talking The HAWK....

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1
    Hood wasn't the desert per se, more low scrub and small trees, but the wind in the winter in the impact area was, well...we called it the "hawk."
    The HAWK I think must have been an army wide term for a bitter cold wind that cuts thru all snivel gear to the bone. Our large scale training area was the Yakima Firing Center in eastern Washington and it qualified as desert. After Mount St. Helens blew her stack the first time about two feet of fine volcanic ash settled over the firing center and made it look like the surface of the moon. Ever step you took on foot would raise a cloud of ash two feet high and just imagine what kind of signature that created for a Fast Attack Vehicle (Dune Buggy) moving at 100mph or worse an M60A3. But the wind would whistle off those ridgelines and everybody would say Oh Lord...listen to the Hawk Scream.

USN 78-82, AD2 (E-5) Jet Engine Mechanic
    Bootcamp, CO.087, NTC San Diego, CA
    Navy "A" school, NATTC Millington, TN
    VA-122 (A-7E & TA-7C) NAS Lemoore, CA, USS Lexington
    VF-121 (F-4J) NAS Miramar, CA, USS Ranger
    VF-121TSD (F-4S) NAS Miramar, CA, USS Midway
    AIMD (J-79) NAS Miramar, CA. (not MCAS)
    USNR, HS-84 (SH-3) NAS North Island, CA.

USAF 82-93, SSGT (E-5) Jet Propulsion Technician
    60th FMS, TF-33 & TF-39 test Cell, Travis AFB, CA.
    60th CRS, Squadron Safety, (C-141, C-5A & B) Travis AFB.
    60th AGS, Flightline Maintinance, (C-5A & B) Travis AFB, CA.
    PDRL 1993, Disability Retired, Desert Sheild/Storm.
    Last edited by PatrioticRick; February 2nd, 2006 at 02:44 AM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

U.S.N. 1981-1992 AS2/E-5

VT-86 Line div. NAS Pensacols, FLA.
    AIMD IM-4 div. USS John F. Kennedy
    AIMD / GSE div. NAS Sigonella, Sicily
    AIMD / GSE div. NAWS China Lake, CA.

USN retired AOC 1973-96
    USS Kitty Hawk
    NAS Cubi Point
    VA 147
    NAS Lemoore
    NAS Fallon(2)
    VFA 192 ( SSHWFGD)
    VFA 125
    VFA 137

USAF, 1959-1963
    E-4, Communitions Spec (Crypto)
    Lackland AFB, TX (Basic)
    Hamilton AFB, CA 60th Comm Sq (ADC)
    Armstrong, Ontario, Canada 914th AC&W Sq (ADC)
    Madera AFS, CA 774th Radar Sq (SAGE)

On official action during time of duty, except for the Cuban Crisis.
    Got out just are the beginning of Nam.

John

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links