Self Defense and a day with the Chief of Police

This is a discussion on Self Defense and a day with the Chief of Police within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I spent the day setting around a campfire with the chief of police of our town here in SW Oklahoma. (our kids were horse back ...

Thread: Self Defense and a day with the Chief of Police

Self Defense and a day with the Chief of Police

I spent the day setting around a campfire with the chief of police of our town here in SW Oklahoma. (our kids were horse back riding with the local 4H Horse club) A lot of the conversation was about defending yourself and the legal woes that could come from it. This man is very well educated and keeps up on all the legal proceedings cases are currently going on here in Oklahoma. One thing he made a point of is in a true self defense situation Oklahoma juries and grand juries are not going after the good guys. Even when they make mistakes like following the bad guy out and shooting them in the back. He said there have been quite a few cases lately where guys had gone beyond protecting themselves but when the crook has a history of repeat offending they are not going to waste the time and money to go after. Perhaps not all states have Nyfong types for DA. He did say don't go talking stupid after defending yourself but they do have better things to do then make themselves political pariahs by going after good honest citizens after they have protected themselves.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Wish that was true in Tulsa...

Rick

I'd be sure to contribute something to his next campaign...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

God blessed Texas...And Oklahoma isn't too far away so some of it carried over...

J/K...
    Hopefully, none of us will ever have to find out first hand.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

amen to that kerbouchard.

I pray every time I strap on my gun that I would not have to use it for its intended purpose. If I do, however, I am glad that I know the laws surrounding use of force and I am glad that I live in Alaska!

Quote Originally Posted by sasomers View Post
    I pray every time I strap on my gun that I would not have to use it for its intended purpose...
    Ditto.

I hope to live the rest of my years how ever long that might be and never ever never have any reason to have invested in firearms, thousands of dollars in ammo as well as extended and advanced training courses, and holsters, and time spent staying abreast of local and state positions toward SD/HD, and....

I hope and pray this whole effort results n the joke being on me and one huge waste of time and dimes.
    I'm not willing to bet on it but I surely look forward to being the one who plays the fool.

- Janq wants to be off base and wrong
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Sounds like a winner.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Sounds good but Murphy is my copilot...

Remember that Grand Juries only hear evidence from the prosecution in order to determine grounds for justifying a criminal charge. Thank God some GJs do their work and don't just rubber stamp the DA's paperwork. The Chief might play poker with the DA, but if the DA gets a wild hair up his butt all bets are off.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links