Flight Deck Officer Holster

This is a discussion on Flight Deck Officer Holster within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; F.D.O. w/ Lock Hole All Photo Credit to DeSantis Holsters...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight Deck Officer Holster

Flight Deck Officer Holster

F.D.O. w/ Lock Hole

All Photo Credit to DeSantis Holsters

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I saw a very similar holster issued to some USSS agents the other day... Blech. Dumb, dumb idea, IMO.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Note: "This product is temporarily unavailable."

Ya think someone might be rethinking this one........?!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Note: "This product is temporarily unavailable."

Ya think someone might be rethinking this one........?!
    You might be right, check this video.

YouTube - TSA Endangers Pilots Through dangerous policy.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I saw a very similar holster issued to some USSS agents the other day... Blech. Dumb, dumb idea, IMO.
    IIRC a very similar holster is the USSS standard issue. I thought I saw that the "locking" feature was requested by the Service. Of course a SS Agent isn't trying to remove and lockup the weapon in a crowded cockpit while sitting down strapped into a seat!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

In addition to the padlock hole, it still needs flashing red warning lights and a mechanical voice saying "Please step away from the pistol".
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Okay that video makes perfect sense how the weapon could of discharged without pilots booger hook ever hitting the bang switch,that is the dumbest thing i have ever seen in my life.I can see why they would want the firearm locked during transport,in case somebody made out the guy carrying and trying to disarm and hijack an aircraft or whatever in the airport,but on the other hand what's to keep somebody from attacking an armed LEO and getting his weapon where theres a will theres a way.These guys go through background checks and firearms training probably like the sky marshalls that fly,so why not trust them.on the other hand they have lightweight gun safes for transport to and from and holster after boarding.But the less you holster and unholster the less chance of gun going bang,might be a buncha the special pilots hk's for sale when they make them go to a weapon with an external thumb safety
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    I believe this is the holster with lock under discussion.

Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Hummmm....I think we all should carry one of these...unlock it only in your house or car...every where else...lock the baby (tongue in cheek of course)

Rick

Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

Administrator
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar

OPFOR,
    While I understand your initial distaste for the idea, the Service has been issuing them for over a decade with no ND's related to the holster. The idea was pretty solid when intended for folks who travel a lot and spend a LOT of time in hotel rooms. Not my first choice, by any means, but not, in my opinion, a horrible idea.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    OPFOR,
    While I understand your initial distaste for the idea, the Service has been issuing them for over a decade with no ND's related to the holster. The idea was pretty solid when intended for folks who travel a lot and spend a LOT of time in hotel rooms. Not my first choice, by any means, but not, in my opinion, a horrible idea.
    Gonzo
    Fair enough, but wouldn't a lockable case (as comes standard with the USSSs Sig P229s) be a better option? Or the venerable trigger lock? I just don't like the idea of threading things in and around the trigger while the gun is not completely under the operator's control (and it is presumably loaded, as it's sitting in the duty holster), even if I understand the idea behind it.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Fair enough, but wouldn't a lockable case (as comes standard with the USSSs Sig P229s) be a better option? Or the venerable trigger lock?
    Actually, a standard trigger lock is intended to be used with the holster. The handcuffs are just a handy way to attach it to hotel room plumbing, or something of the sort. Of course, a great way to secure it is to CARRY IT WITH YOU, but you would be amazed (wait...no you wouldn't...you know how it is) at the number of federal agents that choose not to carry off-duty. The lockable case is good, but it would still have to be attached to something solid in the room, and there is no place to do that on the blue box. Besides, try getting an Agent to carry something additional the size of the plastic gun box with them! But, as you pointed out, it has it's inherent problems and would not be my first choice. That being said, no Agent that I know of has cooked off a round that way...yet.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links