Church Carry by LEO in Uniform - Page 3

Church Carry by LEO in Uniform

This is a discussion on Church Carry by LEO in Uniform within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It would be a quick 'bye-bye' from me......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Church Carry by LEO in Uniform

It would be a quick 'bye-bye' from me...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post

Well... the next day he gets a call from a couple of the Church higher ups that someone in the Congregation had felt uncomfortable there being a weapon in church (must not be reading the papers lately) so then they go on to tell him that they "think" it might be illegal for him to have done so.
    How big is the church? ONE person complains and why do the higher ups feel compelled to embarrass themselves? This is stupid and the church should be reprimanded. How many people actually felt more secure that a policeman was there? Yet they did not go to the office to praise the officer. That ONE church member should be gently told to pound sand.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop, via the church handbook
    "Churches are dedicated for the worship of God and are havens from the cares and concerns of the world. The carrying of lethal weapons, concealed or otherwise, within the walls is inappropriate except as required by officers of the law."
    Haven, hm? Yeah, well, perhaps the bishop should inform the criminals of this. I don't think they got the memo. Net result? ONLY the honorable are disarmed and defenseless, by such policies.

As for the "requirement" of LEO's to carry, frankly every person has the same requirement: to life, and the pursuit of happiness. He should think hard about that, next time he condones even one duly-authorized person being disarmed.

sccaleb: Good on ya, for standing tall. Thank you for your service to others. I know they appreciate it, though they might not say so quite frequently enough to matter.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    Sccaleb, keep your head held high, your gun close by, and pray for the people who will never get it.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by sccaleb View Post
    The two "higher ups" (the Bishop's two counselors), are the ones who confronted me about the situation and, honestly, I think they are hiding their disdain for guns behind a complaint from someone else.

Would not surprise me to find out there was no "concerned member" that complained but indeed it was them. However, technically not a lie, it is a lie in that it is deceptive if this is so. And therefore a Sin is it not? Funny how motive can bring out the Devil in ya eh?

But... not a big deal as it would be hard to prove anything like that. So best to just leave that alone... But it makes you wonder their motives. I wouldn't trust them from now on thats for sure if I believed they had manufactured part of the story to avoid admitting it was them that had a problem with it and hiding behind an fictitious member to do it.

I'd probably make a point of attending church in uniform more often.

Well, my uniformed days are over, so I'd have to settle open carry; badge prominently displayed optional, of course.
    God, country, family.

http://www.9news.com/news/top-articl...?storyid=82473

Lest we forget-- Nuts are everywhere-- By God's grace, He had this lady there to protect His folk--

I would add that I would love to see any offier at my church: New Hope Church in New Hope, MN
    K.Paul
    Semper Fi

The caller was somebody just hassling the cop and being stupid. Almost all police departments have written policies about officers in uniform being required to be armed. As such, the officer would have been in violation of his department's policies and probably a couple of different state laws too if he had not of had his gun. The officer should tell the caller that the bishop, priest or minister and not the caller should talk directly to him instead of having somebody present such a blatantly stupid opinion.
    Imagine that you're an enemy soldier and you are surrounded by U.S. Army paratroopers on one side and American marines on the other side... Talk about a hopeless situation... That has got to be legal grounds for suicide!

Would the same people complain if a LEO carried a handgun outside the church? Would they feel uncomfortable then? Would they feel uncomfortable calling 911? Did they think they were unsafe because the LEO had the gun on while in full uniform? Would they have complained if the LEO did NOT have a gun while in uniform? Probably.
    I would suggest the two complaining people find another church. The LEO should stay put.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

If it were me, I would seek out the couple of anti's at the church, and have them pistol whipped.

That is funny. Good post.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links