Guard our own borders!!

Guard our own borders!!

This is a discussion on Guard our own borders!! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This could be a good Idea! Put cameras up at each post and let us help the Border Patrol. They get no where near the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guard our own borders!!

This could be a good Idea! Put cameras up at each post and let us help the Border Patrol. They get no where near the funding required to do that job.

FOXNews.com - Amateurs Patrol Nation's Border for Illegals From Comfort of Home - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I think this is sweet
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Great idea.

Certainly a great idea...why can't the The Homeland Security Department do/organize this...oh, wait a minute, they ARE working on it...it's been a 7-year plan, so far!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    What I would like to see is two fences. One fence at the border and another fence say 1000 feet north. Then fill the DMZ with land mines. I bet that would stop the fence running real real fast.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    What I would like to see is two fences. One fence at the border and another fence say 1000 feet north. Then fill the DMZ with land mines. I bet that would stop the fence running real real fast.
    +1 That is the only way to stop it !
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Administrator
    Am I missing something here? What is this group doing other than watching someone cross the border?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Am I missing something here? What is this group doing other than watching someone cross the border?
    Apparently, their 'watching' and calling the Border Patrol, has helped catch a 'few' illegals upon entry...a few well-placed snipers could be a much more effective deterrent.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I like the landmines and two fences idea. Since its the Mexicans causing the trouble, we can build one fence on the border, and the other 1000 feet into Mexico. Landmines would be a start, but guys standing post every couple miles with binos as well would be a good idea. Remind me why this hasn't been done yet?

Austin

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Heck, I'll stick with my original argument and it would probably be cheaper than the fence or virtual fence - hire from this group and pay a bounty. Guarantee that the attempts to cross the border will drop as soon as the word gets around. This would give you somewhere to go and something to do on your annual vacation - of course, with the price of gas, we would expect some kind of mileage stipend.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

I like the landmine idea, then electrify the fence
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    Just to save real estate, how about if the fences are only 100 feet apart, but the gap between them is filled with alligators (that aren't fed very often)? I'm sure the southern coast states would be happy to donate some 'gators. I'll also bet it would be cheaper than the high-tech solutions proposed, too.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Zaria View Post
    Just to save real estate, how about if the fences are only 100 feet apart, but the gap between them is filled with alligators (that aren't fed very often)? I'm sure the southern coast states would be happy to donate some 'gators. I'll also bet it would be cheaper than the high-tech solutions proposed, too.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    What if the gators don't like 'Mexican'?

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

even cheaper idea. there are always FO's that need more range time so lets put them on the borders for a few weeks a year and let them do their thing.(even use fascam and ICM for once)
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

somehow visions of this:

YouTube - South Korea's Machine Gun Sentry Robot For America

dance in my head
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links