Police Chief Shoots Self at Gun Training Session - Page 2

Police Chief Shoots Self at Gun Training Session

This is a discussion on Police Chief Shoots Self at Gun Training Session within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by BENZIN And these are the folks who pull me over with their hand on the gun Everytime I stop someone my hand ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police Chief Shoots Self at Gun Training Session

Quote Originally Posted by BENZIN View Post
    And these are the folks who pull me over with their hand on the gun

Everytime I stop someone my hand is in the vicinity of my holster if not on the grip of my Glock, until I know there is no danger. Too many cops get shot as soon as they approach the vehicle, without a word spoken.

I'm going home after the tour is over, sorry if that makes you feel uncomfortable.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

VIP Member
    Maybe the chief was giving a demonstration on what NOT to do!!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Then stop getting pulled over.

When an officer pulls you over, he doesn't know you from Adam. He has no way of knowing if you're a pillar of the community or some psycho who just murdered his whole family. He has every right to be cautious. That's how rookies become veterans.
    Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    Everytime I stop someone my hand is in the vicinity of my holster if not on the grip of my Glock, until I know there is no danger. Too many cops get shot as soon as they approach the vehicle, without a word spoken.

I'm going home after the tour is over, sorry if that makes you feel uncomfortable.

What else is there for me to add?
    "Just blame Sixto"

What Ever Happened To Dummy Rounds? They Are Cheap And Used In Every Tactical Training Class Ive Been In.
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

Have you guys ever seen that video of the guy shooting himself in a classroom full of kids? It's kind of funny.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by whyipackmy45 View Post
    Have you guys ever seen that video of the guy shooting himself in a classroom full of kids? It's kind of funny.
    Lee Paige, former DEA agent.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Maybe the chief was giving a demonstration on what NOT to do!!
    You mean a case of Do as I say not as I do

As much fun as it may be to clown the poor guy I doubt that anyone of us can honestly say we have never made a mistake that could have had equally tragic results. Remember every time we point our finger in judgment of someone three are point right back at us. I'm looking it as another lesson I can learn from someone else's pain so that I do not have to learn it the hard way. So thank you Chief Dave Hansen for shedding your blood so that I can learn from your mistake Like this guy's Negligent Discharge I posted awhile back I appreciate both of your contribution to my safety
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Here's a better story link

The AP has a story that he was careless and was waving the gun around per student witnesses.

No mater which story is more correct, he failed to follow the 4 rules, and probably did more harm for the 2a in the students eyes.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

"The AP has a story that he was careless and was waving the gun around per student witnesses."

Yep, I especially liked this statment:

"Ebert said the findings of an internal investigation would be announced Wednesday. He declined to offer specifics but disputed the accounts of Ulm and Walker, describing the pair as "disgruntled.""

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links