Defensive Carry banner

Dogs, sheriffs and shooting ranges

787 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  P95Carry 
#1 ·
This is about dogs, sheriffs and shooting ranges.
When my little female Maggie joined our family she adapted me as her best friend. I was warm and cuddly providing a good place for her to sleep upon. She liked to take bones or anything to eat and jump on my range bag for a safe heaven. My range bag became a place for to throw up on or just hang out with a bone.
Enter the humor of going to the Sheriffs range to shoot with the range bag. I was standing around the range desk gabbing with the guys and hear this God awful howl. The Sheriffs department has this drug sniffing dog that looks like a beagle but is about 4 times the size. He doesn’t like to go through doors so he sits there and howls until someone gets him into the range. He really is a card.
He wanders around checking on people with focus on my range bag. His interest is in my dogs smell but the 10 or 15 sheriff’s deputies standing around don’t know that and the dog keeps checking my bag. Some smiled comments from the crowd like; gee he is really interested in what’s in the bag, that sort of thing and it made me just a little uneasy.
The dog is so funny the way he moves and howls it’s quite a show. Finally they know I am of course one of the good guys but that dog put on a great show. He wanders around the range front desk area and everyone knows about him except me.

See less See more
#2 ·
My range bag became a place for to throw up on or just hang out with a bone.
Haha - perhaps Richard that drug-sniffer dog also has a penchant for detecting remnants of dog vomit too :biggrin:

''Whadya got in there Richard"

''Oh - just guns, ammo and lil' iddy bits of old vomit!" :silly:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.