Homeland Security Check Point

This is a discussion on Homeland Security Check Point within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In case you didn't see this. It's a Homeland Security check point 50 miles from the border. LiveLeak.com - Rejecting Authority at Police State Checkpoint...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

In case you didn't see this. It's a Homeland Security check point 50 miles from the border.

LiveLeak.com - Rejecting Authority at Police State Checkpoint

Good, I'm glad to see that the Border Patrol is doing their part to help prevent illegal immigration. Would it have been that hard for the guy to say that he is a US citizen...
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Senior Moderator
    Wow, what a tool.

Nice job by the agent keeping her cool dealing with this obnoxious subject.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

That guy was a JERK. 'Nuff said. I feel sorry for the agents, having to deal with bozos like that. Scheeeesh!

I have seen other videos this clown has posted. He just goes around looking for LEO's to harass. I wish she would have just tased his butt. They are trying to do their job, and this idiot drives through their checkpoint just to cause trouble.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Correct me if I'm a little inexperienced here...but why didn't she just say, "Yes sir, you are being detained, please pull over to the secondary check station!"
    She allowed this dufus to prodceed with ALL of his 'nukes'???...

Any security types here to add their $.02?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Uhhhh, I'd have tasered him, pulled him thru the window and imprinted my size 15 Magnum Hi-Tek in his forehead (no job is that important to endure such cr-p) ....if he's American he needs to learn how to greet his countrymen (and in this case, women)....if he's Canadian or from anywhere else.....he needs a month or so at our all inclusive tropical resort in Gitmo.....

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    "Yes, sir, you are being detain. Now, pull over and exit your vehicle! Keep you hands where I can see them."

That guys sounds like someone that has something to hide and he isn't leaving tell I am convinced he does not.

The Border Agent should not have let him control the encounter.

Here the Border Patrol is doing what we expect them to do, protect our borders and this jerk is jeaponizing everyone's safety for his own perverted agenda.

The 'Border Patrol' was a little outside their jurisdiction...as in, not at the border. I thought it was funny. The agency was conducting a 'feel good' stop to help 'enforce' the law for 'immigration' but their agents knew they had no authority to do so...which is why she let him go through.

You guys can applaud the police state however you want. I think I might start carrying a video camera in my front seat.

She didn't have the authority to stop him, she didn't have the authority to arrest him, she didn't have the authority to 'detain him'. In fact, she had no idea what she was doing.

I would hate to see what would happen if a hardened criminal came through that check point. Ms. Border Patrol would have ended up dead.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    The 'Border Patrol' was a little outside their jurisdiction...as in, not at the border.
    Um, no.

The Border Patrol has federal jurisdiction throughout the country.

They are not "out of their jurisdiction" because they are x feet from the border.

The guy was just a rude, arrogant tool.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

We have apermanent Border Patrol check station about 60 miles north of the border on highway 281 and numerous roving patrols,with being evasive as he was they had every right to detain until they identified him and whether he may of had contraband
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Ok... am I the only one here that see's this guy actaully standing up for his 4th and 5th Amendment rights? He has no duty to answer any police questions. It doesn't matter if he is innocent or guilty. If a cop asks me what I'm doing wrong I don't have to answer because I would waive my 5th Amendment rights by doing so. I would make it easy for them to prove my guilt.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    No Pro2A you're not. Look, if you want to have a checkpoint that's all well and good. However, when a citizen WITHIN HIS RIGHTS refuses to be searched, asks if he is being detained, asks if he is free to go and the LEO doesn't answer why do people see that as OK. If the citizen refused to answer LEO types would have a conniption. No citizen must surrender to a search and she was trying to use the intimidation of the badge to get him to surrender by stalling. She could have easily told him he was being detained, but there must be suspicion to detain. She could have pulled him over and cuffed him, but by doing that she ahs violated his rights for standing up for his rights.

Don't get me wrong, I hate illegal immigration, but I WILL NOT!!!!!!!!! Surrender my rights to stop it. Figure out another way, call it an invasion and shoot them as they cross.

See my signature for further discussion on my feelings...
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    We have apermanent Border Patrol check station about 60 miles north of the border on highway 281 and numerous roving patrols,with being evasive as he was they had every right to detain until they identified him and whether he may of had contraband
    She should have detained him for being evasive! As an added bonus they could tear his truck apart looking for contriband, I mean torn it apart in peices!! Then told him to take his junk truck and scram. What a jerk!
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flagflyfish View Post
    She should have detained him for being evasive! As an added bonus they could tear his truck apart looking for contriband, I mean torn it apart in peices!! Then told him to take his junk truck and scram. What a jerk!
    The guy didn't do a good job of making his point, but would you let that lady into your house to look for contraband? I see no difference.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links