Defensive Carry banner

Civilian Contractors?

2K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  rodc13 
#1 ·
Does any one know about these companys the do goverment work over seas ? any info thanks

#3 ·
My advise is that if you have to ask then Dont work for them . Not to be elitest but if you got to ask about who is out there you dont know enough to sign a contract that will overall be beneficial . There are liability's that have nothing to do with shooting anyone that one must pay attention to ( how are your earnings dealt with ) . Tho i have had a lot of friends work overseas in the oil patch as well as in security i never have because i dont understand the laws and i have seen more than one friend in trouble when they came home .

#5 ·
Dynacorp, Blackwater, really if you just google "defense contractor" several company websites should show up for you.

Do you only want to contractors doing security details, or including ones that help out with things like logistics and computers? Most of the companies also run domestic programs including the one who get paid to train the military about things.

#6 ·
If you are itching to work over seas, you might want to contact your local recruiter... they also give you a very kewl M4.

#23 ·
The pay isnt bad at all when you consider that the cash you are paid is walking around money or pure savings. You dont have to buy housing, food, or even clothing unless you elect to.

If you're smart, you will come out with a paid for education, a nice resume, and plenty of experiance to land a high paying contractor job. You just might learn a thing or two beyond "liking shooting", good stuff that will keep you alive.

If you want to make decent money someday, you have to pay your dues like everyone else.

#8 ·
There are hundreds of companies. If you narrow it down to what you are qualified to do, and which jobs and countries you are interested in, maybe someone here can narrow the list. I work in comms and just off the top of my head there is CACI, EDS, ITT and many others with jobs overseas.

#9 ·
"Contractors" are mostly KBR and the like who provide logistical support.

If you're talking about security contracting, you're not likely to find a good way into the higher end of that (providing PSDs in high threat areas) if you don't already know one.

Some companies do provide static guard services at many overseas US government locations. I know Dyncorp put out a call for some work in Doha (I think--may have been another city in the region) for about $49k a year or so the other week.

Edit: It was EODT, not Dyn. And ANY of these companies will generally require you to have several years of military/LEO experience or, possibly, an equivalent private security resume. This is for basic static guard work, not the sexy PSD stuff that the media love to focus on. Again, it's sort of a case of "if you have to ask..." There are military folks with proven skillsets and experience in-theater lining up for many these jobs--if you're not among them, you won't get through the door.

However, if you're a tradesman of some sort, there are contractors and other companies doing work all over the world, war zones and otherwise, who need people willing to live in wacky places/conditions for good pay.

#12 ·
If you don't have an appropriate military (specific MOS/AFSC, etc) or tactical law enforcement background (and I'm not talking about general patrol work), you are not going to get any love from the major downrange companies. About the only way you are going to get your foot in the door is to go for a static security post job with Dyncorps or someone similar. Then network, network, network. From there you might be able to talk your way into convoy security. But until you build up a reputation, resume, and skill set, you will not be hired to do PSD's or high-risk convoy duty.
Gonzo

#17 ·
KBR provides its own security now from what i've heard from their guys. might be worth looking into if you have the requisit military expirience. most the jobs they offer ot americans in supervisory though(basicly makeing sure the TCN's know what they are doing)

#20 ·
Sorta like the idea of making tax free money for a year :image035:
getting shot at would be a bummer if I didnt have enuff ammo.
I dont have any experince in the military do they have green civi contractors jobs out the with no experince ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.