Military MOS Question. All Branches. - Page 3

Military MOS Question. All Branches.

This is a discussion on Military MOS Question. All Branches. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; LOL, I'm off to bed....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Military MOS Question. All Branches.

Administrator
    LOL, I'm off to bed.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    .-..-. .... --- - --. ..- -. ... --..-- / -.. .. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / --. . - / - --- / .-. --- .-.. .-.. / .- .-. --- ..- -. -.. / --- -. / .- / -... .- - - .-.. . .-- .- --. --- -. ..--.. / .-..-. / .. .----. ...- . / .-- .- .-.. -.- . -.. / --- -. / .- / -.-. --- ..- .--. .-.. . / -... ..- - / - .... . -.-- / .-- . .-. . / -- ..- ... . ..- -- ... .-.-.- / - .... . -.-- / .... .- -.. / .--- ... ..- - / ... - .- .-. - .. -. --. / -... .-. .. -. --. .. -. --. / - .... . -- / -... .- -.-. -.- / .-- .... . -. / .. / --. --- - / --- ..- - / .. -. / ---.. .---- .-.-.-
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

.. .----. ...- . / .-- .- .-.. -.- . -.. / --- -. / - .-- --- / --- ..-. / . -- --..-- / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / -... . . -. / ... .-- . . - / - --- / -... . / .- -. / --- .-.. -.. / ... -.-. .... --- --- .-.. / ..-. .-.. . . - / -- .- .-. .. -. . .-.-.- / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.-- ... --..-- / .- .-.. .-.. / - .... .. ... / -- --- .-. ... . / ... - ..- ..-. ..-. / -- .- -.- . ... / -- -.-- / .... . .- -.. / .... ..- .-. - .-.-.- / ... .--. .. .-.. .-.. .. -. / -.-. --- ..-. ..-. . . / --- -. / - .... . / -- .- ... - . .-. / -.-. .... .. . ..-. / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / .--. .-. --- -... .- -... .-.. -.-- / -.-. .- ..- ... . / --.- ..- .. - . / .- / -.-. --- -- -- --- - .. --- -. / - .... --- ..- --. .... .-.-.-
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Senior Moderator
    .. - / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. --..-- / .-- .. - .... --- ..- - / .- / -.. --- ..- -... - .-.-.- / .. .----. -- / --- ..-. ..-. / - --- / -... . -.. / - --- --- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Geez guys......./////----- Foreign language

They asked us in boot camp if any of us could type. I had typing in high school so, of course, I raised my hand.

I guess I was a little rusty. So....0331

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I'm on paper an 0311. I'm field trained an 0121. I'm actually a 9900.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I was a Gunners Mate in the Coast Guard and did a westpac on a high endurance cutter, for Operation Market Time. One of my buddies was a Radio Man and yes we did do intercept.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    Scott: we did not have to send anything at all. I could only do eight or nine WPM. You had to send also?? Were you ASA?
    I was a 05D and I could send 24+ gpm. No I was not ASA.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixto View Post
    ... .. -. -.-. . / .-- .... . -. / .-- .- ... / -.-. --- ..-. ..-. . . / -.. .-. .. -. -.- .. -. --. / - --- .--. / ... . -.-. .-. . - ..--.. / .-.. --- .-..
    .. - .----. ... / ..- ... ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / .-- .... . .-. . / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-. . / -.. .-. .. -. -.- .. -. --. / - .... . / -.-. --- ..-. ..-. . . / - .... .- - / .. ... / - --- .--. / ... . -.-. .-. . - .-.-.-
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

I am sitting here laughing at two things, mainly, one, that I could be so naive as to thing that hotguns was actually typing out Code, and now I see everyone doing it via that website, which I had never heard of and am amazed that they have that technology, and I did figure it out after ten long minutes of saying *** is going ON with this? Then I see all the code messages and cannot sit on my chair here from laughing. I am not usually that naive but this time like I said, I have a huge N stamped on my forehead. Hotguns got me good.
    oneshot likes this.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Well DCB, you know the average grunt Lance isn't smart enough to type out all that code.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I was wondering wt. is going ON, these guys are all morse operators??? Thankfully I had it figured out before I saw all those messages, but still, ten minutes to figure it out is too long. Still wearing the giant N on my forehead from last night for NAIVE.....hotguns got me good. And when you first told me that you are a grunt and you figured it out, before hotguns gave me that morse code translation link, that really threw me, I thought how does the infantry get involved in intercept work???????
    Got me but good. I laughed for an hour.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

too bad runic wont work on an ascii key set. maybe later we can try hex
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Senior Moderator
    The translators are great...and much quicker than trying to decipher Morse. I guess thats one of the reasons that Morse is almost obsolete..or soon to be.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

I had never ever heard of a translator in my whole life til last night, is why I was so surprised. Did not even know they existed.
    A group of us (all stationed in Puerto Rico 1965-67) went, during a Marine Corps Cryptologic Association reunion, to the National Security Agency museum near or on Ft Meade MD, and to my surprise they showed a posit with one of our old Collins R-390s set up, behind some glass, in the museum, as a museum piece. I looked at my buddies and they had the same expression on their faces, you mean that what we did at one time all over the world is now in a MUSEUM? Makes me feel like I was in just after the Little Big Horn.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links