Defensive Carry banner

Lost the fight (LONG Story)

1K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  rdoggsilva 
#1 ·
I know this may not belong in this forum, but with this being Memorial Day weekend I wanted as many as possible to see it. This young man fought a long hard and painful battle. In the end he lost his battle. His life will serve as an inspiration to others. As many other fallen solders he will not have died in vain. Let us all remember him this weekend and everyday. My heart felt condolences go out to his family.
As a retired veteran I say "Rest in peace brother".

'Miracle' Marine loses final battle - Military - MSNBC.com

#5 ·
We do not honor our military men enough.

There was a young man who joined the Navy back during the Vietnam war. He thought it would be safer than the army. The Navy ended up putting him on a swift boat and he patrolled the river. On one particular mission, he saw some Viet Cong and he was about to throw a phosphorus grenade when a sniper's bullet hit his hand. The grenade exploded inches from his face, causing him to fall in the river while the phosphorus grenade burned his body. He looked very much like this marine and his story is similar as far as surgeries and pain. However, he lived and he now has a Christian ministry. He came to our church not too long ago and as part of his sermon, he honored all the military in the congregation. It was quite moving.

I feel for this young man and pray his family is blessed.

#6 ·
And to think that the way congress supports our troops is to load the military funding bill up with all sorts of non military funding and leave the military funding off! All the while our men and women in uniform are in harms way and fighting for our very existance.

And many of these folks will be re-elected in November! How stupid are we?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.