Good news in a bad situation

This is a discussion on Good news in a bad situation within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A Roanoke police officer who was paralyzed after an attack is showing encouraging signs of recovery at an Atlanta rehabilitation facility Paralyzed police officer improving, ...

Thread: Good news in a bad situation

VIP Member

Good news in a bad situation

A Roanoke police officer who was paralyzed after an attack is showing encouraging signs of recovery at an Atlanta rehabilitation facility

Paralyzed police officer improving, his son says - Roanoke.com
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Keep plugging away Officer Bryan Lawrence.

Hopefully the suspects will get some prison justice.

VIP Member

Follow-up -- grand jury indictes

Man who paralyzed LEO Bryan Lawrence indicted. Finally, the RT is not focusing on Lawrence off-duty status at the time.

Also more follow-up, Melanie Engleman indicted in stabbing.

Man indicted in attack on Roanoke officer
    By Mike Allen
    981-3236

A Roanoke grand jury indicted an 18-year-old Roanoke man Monday on a charge of malicious wounding in the May 10 attack on Roanoke police Officer Bryan Lawrence.

William N. Steele Jr. is accused of assaulting Lawrence that night as the officer was trying to arrest another suspect. The attack left Lawrence paralyzed and struggling to recover. The direct indictment by the grand jury puts Steele's case in a position to be tried without Lawrence's having to come to court to testify, Chief Deputy Roanoke Commonwealth's Attorney Betty Jo Anthony said.

A preliminary hearing on the malicious wounding charge had been scheduled for July 17 in Roanoke General District Court. Steele is still scheduled for a hearing on that date on an obstruction of justice charge.

Numerous fundraisers have been held to benefit the injured officer in recent weeks, including a car show, a concert and a cupcake auction.

A preliminary hearing for Dantonio Foster, 25, the man Lawrence was trying to arrest, is still scheduled for July 17. Foster is charged with malicious wounding in the assault Lawrence was responding to, and with obstruction of justice related to the attack on Lawrence.

Also Monday, the Roanoke grand jury indicted 16-year-old Melanie Elaine Engleman on a charge of murder in the June 2 stabbing death of 19-year-old William Christopher Linn in Northeast Roanoke.

According to testimony at a June 25 preliminary hearing in Roanoke Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court, before Linn died he identified Engleman to Vinton police as the person who stabbed him, and Engleman told a Roanoke detective that she had killed the only person she loved.

Man indicted in attack on Roanoke officer - Roanoke.com
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member
    Good news.

Links