Defensive Carry banner

'Creative writing' in arrest reports

972 views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  DaveH 
#1 ·
#3 ·
We must have had the same teacher

We must have had the same teacher. She taught Western Civilization, and apparently some medieval Prince used that as his preferred approach to disposing of his political enemies.

#5 ·
I'm sorry, that's not Creative Writing. That's corruption. Thats police brutality. That's police theft.

That's a bunch of thugs who got dressed up in a uniform. I hope they enjoy their time in solitary.

Too bad they won't get to see general population.

#8 ·
#7 ·
Now ya know why chicago don't want citizens to be armed ,they might be shooting bad guys that turn out to be cops.I like the way when cops break the law they justify it,When you write out a report and sign it you are basically swearing that what you have written is the truth to the best of you're knowledge,when you lie on that report it's a crime.

#12 ·
I hate to invoke Godwin's Law here, but didn't the Nazis try to use the
"I was doing my job and I was told I was doing a good job"
line before?

Kerbouchard--I tend to agree with you. However, I think you made a typo. I think you meant to say "Police should be held to a higher standard."

No disrespect intended to the honest peace officers out there. Not all of you are as pure as the driven snow.

Cheers,
Herk
:cowboy:

Edited to add--As far as creative writing goes, you can't hold a candle to the guys who write AF performance reports. For example, I had a friend who wrote what he thought to be an honest assessment (not good) of a subordinate's performance. The report was rejected by the commander, so he tweaked it a little. When it went back up, the first letter in each line of a section containing 7 lines formed an acrostic that is a synonym for colostomy bag.

#13 ·
Kerbouchard & Herknav

+1 :hand10:

In addition to the separation of powers, I also believe that the Sixth Amendment Right of a "public trial, by an impartial jury" and the common law concept "jury nullification" has a place, as another "check" in keeping those in power (and out of touch) from combining of across the "separate" branches and getting too far from the "People." I have read that during Prohibition, juries often nullified alcohol control laws, possibly as often as 60% of the time. This resistance is considered to have contributed to the adoption of the Twenty-first amendment repealing the Eighteenth amendment which established Prohibition.

I am distraught that in some places petty offenses—those punishable by imprisonment for not more than six months—are not covered by the jury requirement. Others seem to have expanded the "star chamber" approach. IMHO, any potential loss of "life or liberty" should carry with it the right of a trial by jury.

I have seen how Europe Legal systems work (and others growing out of the "Napoleonic Code" [a.k.a. Code civil des Français], and I fear we are sliding too much in that direction. :hand1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.