Any LEO's Here? - Page 2

Any LEO's Here?

This is a discussion on Any LEO's Here? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I actually had that holster too JAG, it it wasn't to bad. My biggest complaint about it is that its HUGE. You bringing up this ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any LEO's Here?

Administrator
    I actually had that holster too JAG, it it wasn't to bad. My biggest complaint about it is that its HUGE.
    You bringing up this holster reminds me of another point, make sure you get a holster with a good ride height for you, and a decent offset if you are going to wear a winter coat.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I wear the Mirage duty belt. Looks like leather, but is as light and comfortable as nylon. I have a Safariland 295 level II for my G23. Fast draw and decent retention IMO. Some may disagree with the retention part, but I believe that it is sufficient if you practice retention techniques.

Safariland double mag pouch vertically mounted left of buckle, cuff case to the right of buckle for access with either hand, asp behind Glock, radio and flashlight (Surefire G2 LED V70 holder) on weak side, and a Taser in a Safariland 6005 drop leg on weak side. I keep my spare light (Surefire E2e) clipped in my rear weak side pocket and a Cold Steel folder in my right BDU pants pocket.

BUG is a SW 640 in a belly band with shoulder straps by active gear.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I actually had that holster too JAG, it it wasn't to bad. My biggest complaint about it is that its HUGE.
    You bringing up this holster reminds me of another point, make sure you get a holster with a good ride height for you, and a decent offset if you are going to wear a winter coat.
    As Sixto said note ride height and offset. It is not realy huge, just thick. It is well padded with a Kydex external covering. Mine came with a drop/offset backing attachment to the belt. I replaced that with a older one the carries higher and tighter the way I like it. I think it comes both ways, but just what my dept now issuses. It is one of the best triple retention holsters, fast and the pistol stays in place untill you release it.

I use Safariland nylon gear for everything but the holster. I do not remember the number of the Safariland belt but it is stiff and has velcro lining. My capstun holder (nylon)and holster (leather) safariland are issued. I use a nylon cuff case although I was issued a leather case. I also use nylon keepers from Safariland.
    Personally I like the soft feel of the nylon. I clip the radio on the belt using a standard motorola belt clip ... Each to their own I guess it what you get used to over the years.
    I really like the look of leather, but not the really shiny shellac looking type..
    Nylon just feels better for me ..
    Be careful what you wish for....you just might get it...

Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
    Need to ask -

What brand duty belt/holster/etc do you wear? And, any pics of your belt, holster etc?

I'm shopping around and have yet to find one that I like. I'm looking for one that is as close to what I see LEO's wearing.

Also - Anyone have a holster style they might suggest for a G19?

Thanks!
    I have just ordered a 1 1/2 horsehide belt from beltman. And I'm going to buy a MTAC minotaur IWB holster.

I use a Safariland model 6280 SLS holster. It is a quality leather holster made for use with guns that have tactical lights mounted on them. All other duty gear is Leather Bianchi.
    +1 to Sgt. Mac the silent key holder and plastic rotating ASP holders are a MUST!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links