Defensive Carry banner

Colombian Hostages rescued in a Bait & Switch Operation

796 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  HotGuns 
#1 ·
15 hostages kidnapped by the FARC were rescued today in a Bait & Switch operation. Marc Gonsalves, Keith Stansell and Thomas Howes, amrican military contractos and Ingrid Betancourt former presidential candidate were among those rescued in what I call a switch and Bait rescue operation that went without a hitch and without a shot being fired.

I just saw Ms. Betancourt explaining what happened and from what I heard from other interviews made to some Colombian military the operation went like this: According to the military, Operation Check (as check mate) started on February of this year. Somehow they managed to infiltrate at least one or possibly 2 operatives within the FARC units close to the hostages. I am guessing they gained confidence about their importance that somehow they managed to convince the FARC commandant in charge of the hostages that, by orders of the top honchos of FARC, the hostages needed to be relocated to a safer & nicer area (Colombian Army has been pounding the local area and about a week ago they announced that they had a good idea where the hostages were located.) A chopper came to the camp, landed and according with what Ms Betancourt said, some men looking weird and wearing some NGO patches and Che Guevara T-shirts came out of the chopper. She said she felt depressed and thought they were going to be paraded once more for the cameras or some BS like that. The hostages were told that they were to be handcuffed and they were not pleased by the idea but being hostages they had no choice. With the hostages, the camp commandant and probably one more FARC officer came for the ride, allegedly not only to get to the new location but to meet with one of the top two FARC chieftains. The helicopter took off and once they reached enough altitude, the FARC idiots were taken into custody, cuffed & blindfolded. One of the "raggedy" types addressed the hostages and said: "we are the Colombian Army. You are free."

See less See more
#2 ·
I heard part of the story on Fox News. I couldn't imagine being held for 5 or 6 years, damn!
Glad everyone was rescued safely...that took some 'balls'.:hand10:

Stay armed...stay our of Comumbia...stay safe!

#4 ·
Four (4) guys, 2 pilots and 2 "representatives" landed in the middle of the Colombia jungle, pulled a fast one to 60+ guerrillas, rescued the prisoners and arrested the Head honcho of the camp without a single shot fired..... Those 4 guys must need need wheelbarrows.

#6 ·
Wheelbarrows heck, they probably need a truck!!!!!

That took some type of cool to pull that off

#9 ·
I like musketeer's idea of an accidental slippage; those muddy boots sure a slippery. I have read that many a Victor Charlie met a similar fate in 'Nam. secondly, I hope they called in a B-52 strike on the location to obliterate that grid square along with the friendly FARC guerillas.

I was pretty happy to hear this and glad for the hostage's families. However, it also saddened me that there are about 750 hostages left. that was a staggering number.

nonetheless, kudos to the Columbian Armed Forces!

#11 ·
The Big Guys sargent as the plane lifted off ... "I know nothingggggggggg"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.