Leos And Security, Homeland Defense Free Gunsmithing Giveaway.

This is a discussion on Leos And Security, Homeland Defense Free Gunsmithing Giveaway. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by coltm4223 17yrs as a Federal Agent with the US Dept of Energy. I've got a Colt 1911 that throws empties at my ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leos And Security, Homeland Defense Free Gunsmithing Giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by coltm4223 View Post
    17yrs as a Federal Agent with the US Dept of Energy. I've got a Colt 1911 that throws empties at my forehead and it could use a good carry trigger job. I would very happily accept your offer if you will accept the job.
    Number two filled. Just email me or PM and we can make arrangements. Just the cost of the shipping and it will be taken care of. The problem with yours might also be/need an ejection port lowering but you can tell me about which model you have.
    Thanks for all of the kind remarks. Just trying to give a tiny bit back for the guys that hang it out to keep all of us safe. Kudos to you. What I do is minor compared to putting your lives on the line.

Jess
    "Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com
    OnTarget LLC Custom Gunworks
    http://www.ontargetcgw.com

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by cuban11182 View Post
    I would send in my new PPS but it's too nice to touch right now. Besides I am overseas and can't send it. Thanks for the offer though.

US Coast Guard8 years active, still active, currently overseas. Also was a part of 911 as I was stationed in NYC at the time.

Jess
    "Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in PA View Post
    That's one of the kindest things I have seen in quite a long time. God Bless you!

I am blessed to be comfortable at the moment and not need anything done, but you can be assured that when the need arises I will contact you sir! (and pay, of course)

As an aside, do you do revolver work? I might be getting another one in the upcoming month or so. Thanks again.

Dave
    Yes to the revolvers. It takes a bit longer as there are more "rotating" parts in them but they also are just usually a matter of taking them apart and polishing the running sufaces. Just let me know when and I can give you a relative turn around time.

Jess

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I do my own work (its all very minor things, polishing and cleanup) but it is a very nice offer. The only thing that needs adjusted is my new 442. I just took it out for the first time and ran a combat course with it... I wish the trigger was smoother and a touch lighter.
    Let me know. I also know that any new firearm needs some "running in" so that you should put a few hundred through it before it may need work and that will also let you know if it is going to be reliable enough for defense or carry.
    Again thanks to everyone here but like I said the real thanks go to the guys that are out there.

Jess

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ontarget1911 View Post
    Let me know. I also know that any new firearm needs some "running in" so that you should put a few hundred through it before it may need work and that will also let you know if it is going to be reliable enough for defense or carry.
    Again thanks to everyone here but like I said the real thanks go to the guys that are out there.

Jess
    OK, I have only put about 100 or so through it, and I 'm admittedly new to revolvers. I will carry this one as a back up when I'm 100% confident in my ability with it. I'll let you know ASAP, I'd like to get another 100 or so downrange this week.
    "Just blame Sixto"

ONE HECK OF GOOD FELLA GOD BLESS -HOPE I CAN SEND YOU SOME PAYING CUSTERMERS HAPPY 4th

Do you think I could get you to fix a Beretta Storm for me? 4 years Army, in police academy now. This is a great carbine, but the trigger blows.

Quote Originally Posted by jsebens View Post
    Do you think I could get you to fix a Beretta Storm for me? 4 years Army, in police academy now. This is a great carbine, but the trigger blows.
    I can improve just about anything. Just give me a call or email.

Jess

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    OK, I have only put about 100 or so through it, and I 'm admittedly new to revolvers. I will carry this one as a back up when I'm 100% confident in my ability with it. I'll let you know ASAP, I'd like to get another 100 or so downrange this week.
    Just let me know how it goes. You could send it and I can work the bugs out but that is not nearly as much fun and shooting it is a better way to see how it is going to work out.

Jess

Must be some more people out there that need some firearms fixed?

You are one heck of a guy.

I sent you a PM explaining what I have and to see what you think. 10 years law enforcement in dispatching and reserves.

I like your avatar. Yes I can be of some help. See PM.

Jess

I've got over 10 years active duty under my belt in the Marine Corps, but I don't have anything right this second that needs a tune up. Can I save a spot for some action tuning on a revolver I'll be picking up in the next couple weeks?

Either way, I truly appreciate what you're doing! It's people like you who remind us why we serve

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ontarget1911 View Post
    Just let me know how it goes. You could send it and I can work the bugs out but that is not nearly as much fun and shooting it is a better way to see how it is going to work out.

Jess
    Although this is a really nice offer, I'm going to pass. I can do most anything that needs done myself, and if I can't, I have access to a really good local smith that does my work free of charge; SO, I've decided to leave my spot for someone else that needs it more than I.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Another pm sent and thanks for the generous offer Jess!
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links