Defensive Carry banner

New defensive tool against crime: text messaging

835 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Agave 
#1 ·
Just think of it! A new crime-fighting tool is sweeping the country. We're saved!

Police Invite Tips From Anonymous Text Messages.

Of course, folks would need to look up from their crack-berries long enough to see crime, let alone to report it.

#3 ·
Because it takes so long to push those 3 little buttons......... 9-1-1.

Geeeeessshhh.

#5 ·
LOL- I heard a radio commercial for this the other day. Apparently the Mobile, AL PD has a program where you can text them if you suspect someone of selling or cooking meth.

#10 ·
Text messaging doesn't make a lot of sense "IMHO"... It would be nice, if you could send a cell phone picture to the operator to forward to the responding police car. This way, they would have an instant picture of a suspect or a better idea of what location you are exactly at.

I have read about plans to implement that. So far, most police departments seem to have problems getting the 911 cell phone location stuff to work right :-/

#12 ·
I keep the local agencies' numbers in my contact list so I don't have to dial emergency numbers. But I would text message the police in lieu of a call if it were available to me. I like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.