Want some torture with your peanuts?

This is a discussion on Want some torture with your peanuts? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What will they think to spend our money on next!! Washington Times - Politics, Breaking News, US and World News - "Want some torture with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want some torture with your peanuts?

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar

Want some torture with your peanuts?

"Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

2. Remove Ads

"Hello, and thank you for flying Antichrist Airlines"

No thank you, I'll walk!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Well, besides all the obvious responses I would have to this...like "you just can't make this stuff up", what would prevent a person of rather normal intelligence from making their own transmitter to "hit" these bracelets with themselves? Would the FA's or Pilots be wearing them as well? Wow wouldn't that be a doozy. I pull pre-built parts from my laptop, slap them together right-quick from my cheapie seat in coach and proceed to zap everyone...fun fun.

What a bunch of morons.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Senior Moderator
    I love how at the end it says that most civilians would HAPPILY opt for the EMD bracelet for the added security. So far I haven't read one "YEAH, STRAP ME UP!" comment..lol.

Nice try, guys, but no dice.

No thank you. Besides, I thought most portable electronics were banned during flights.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I can see it working instead of announcing your flight is boarding they electronically notify you by zapping you just hard enough you don't pee your pants
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    "Hello, and thank you for flying Antichrist Airlines"
    That was my take on it, too.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

They could do the same thing and keep it 'invisible'...using electronic suppositories...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The high cost of air travel and the amount of time required for security already make all but cross continent flights slower, more expensive, and a whole lot more demeaning than just driving your car. That, together with my severe nonsense allergy, prevent me from flying anywhere except the Cayman Islands.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; July 9th, 2008 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Deleted a profanity workaround.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Defeating this bracelet would not be difficult, on hand.

All one needs is a square of insulation material thin enough to be slid in between the device back where the electrodes touch skin and the wrist/arm of the wearer.

Still though I cannot believe I've seen what I've seen.
    Dog collars for passengers to keep them in line.
    Why not just ship everyone in an individualized and/or 'family size' (double and triple seat wide) cell per row.
    That way if someone acts up they can only do so from behind a closed and locked barrier surrounding them 360 degrees.

Ridiculous.

- George Orwell
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I should have never read this post. I've been a good boy and stayed out of the NKW threads and the "what would you do if they came for your guns" threads. Ahhh, tranquility at last.

But I had to ruin it and read this thread and the link.

I went to the article linked and saw a post about fema detention centers and guillotines. I used my google-fu and searched for fema detention center guillotines. I was suprised to see that many hits. cross-referenced with site:Urban Legends Reference Pages and did not see anything.

This is so Orwellian. And it will only get worse. Technology will become the bane of modern society and of all our civil liberties.

I am going to go out to build a tinfoil had (half-jokingly).

So the plan is to safeguard our airways with an upgraded form of Laser Tag?

Don't even think about asking for a second bag of peanuts - the stewerdess might fry your brain.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    It is absolutely incomprehensible to me that anyone would even entertain something as stupid as this. As Sojourner said "this really is Orwellian". I'm not a member of the foil hat club but as a society we are definitely not headed in the right direction!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

OBXNED, you must be a banker, preacher, or a diver. There is not much else in the Caymans.
    Life is too short to be serious!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links